The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+20
jmtbkr
Kiwigolfer
FreakOfNature
Horseballs
FamousDavis
rooteen
The Ghost of FD
BBQpig
Hubijerk
The Doctor
corythepagan
Lorenzzo
Big Dave
Poe4soul
SoonerBS
californiataxes
Player
12pierogi
Fluffy
Lord Helmet
24 posters

On The Course - Round Report

Mongrel
    Mongrel

On The Course - Round Report - Page 5 Empty Re: On The Course - Round Report

Post  Mongrel Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:11 am

The land for the U. was not the most important attribute of what is now the SLC Metro area. It is the canyons up elevation from downtown where the Elders dug the caves where all the records are stored. This is where the Mother Ship will be located when TSHTF and TEOTWAWKI kicks in. Mormons are the original and ultimate Preppers.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    The majority of Mormons live outside the United States.  It's not surprising there'd be Mormon Koreans.  

Remember, the Mormon religion began when an angel in upstate New York directed Joseph Smith to a buried book written on golden plates containing the religious history of an ancient people.  There was a lot of stuff the book didin't cover but Joseph was able figure it out and then require everyone to do it.  Since they would later need a university, they brought in Brigham Young who led them to Utah where he found land for a campus.

Remember, when making s.hit up, anything's possible.

We heard that's where Micheal Jackson went to University .... "Bring-them-Young"....
    bounce
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:44 pm

His fav Asian combo special was Sum Yung Boi.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:22 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:Maybe I'll just throw everything into the Slopes thread since the range I use seems filled with Koreans.

Mormon Koreans in Utah?

The majority of Mormons live outside the United States.  It's not surprising there'd be Mormon Koreans.  

Remember, the Mormon religion began when an angel in upstate New York directed Joseph Smith to a buried book written on golden plates containing the religious history of an ancient people.  There was a lot of stuff the book didin't cover but Joseph was able figure it out and then require everyone to do it.  Since they would later need a university, they brought in Brigham Young who led them to Utah where he found land for a campus.

Remember, when making s.hit up, anything's possible.

I guess I don't understand why anyone would be Mormon. You can't drink Coca Cola, can't drink booze and you marry a bunch of wives. Why would anyone want to put themselves through all of that?
    corythepagan
    corythepagan

Post  corythepagan Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:50 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    I guess I don't understand why anyone would be Mormon.  You can't drink Coca Cola, can't drink booze and you marry a bunch of wives.  Why would anyone want to put themselves through all of that?  

A cogent question indeed, Famous Davis.
    The Doctor

On The Course - Round Report - Page 5 Empty Hey there

Post  The Doctor Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:26 pm

You guys look like a rowdy bunch. My game has been fairly steady in recent months. I'm faring better than last year with my hdcp dipping below 9 in June. The extent of my golf is limited to private courses so I can get in a round before 9am hits. I've been playing about 3x/week for the past 6 months and will bring that number up to 4 or 5 by mid summer. I am in the market for new irons but have no problem playing my Taylor Burner 2.0s for now. My driver is the Taylormade RBZ Tour 9.5. Cameron putter, Studio.

Thought I'd give this forum a shot and see what comes of it.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Hey Newbie......

STFU!

only kidding! welcome to the forum. Now have somrthing useful to contribute.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:33 pm

The Doctor wrote:You guys look like a rowdy bunch.  My game has been fairly steady in recent months.  I'm faring better than last year with my hdcp dipping below 9 in June.  The extent of my golf is limited to private courses so I can get in a round before 9am hits.  I've been playing about 3x/week for the past 6 months and will bring that number up to 4 or 5 by mid summer.  I am in the market for new irons but have no problem playing my Taylor Burner 2.0s for now.   My driver is the Taylormade RBZ Tour 9.5.   Cameron putter, Studio.  

Thought I'd give this forum a shot and see what comes of it.  

Welcome to the forum Doc.

Playing Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons I can see why you're in the market for new irons. You should look at upgrading to Mizuno GFF, guaranteed to carve at least 4 strokes off your cap. Wink
    Hubijerk
    Hubijerk

Post  Hubijerk Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 pm

Played 9 holes today and was on fire... literally... it was 118 on my truck temp. gauge in the shade... -4 through 9... and I teed off at 5:30 and was done by 6:45 and I think I smell my liver still cooking...
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:37 am

Up a bit in altitude. Bet the balls were flying like bats. Got to watch the epoxy bonds on your woods and keep them out of the sun.
    Hubijerk
    Hubijerk

Post  Hubijerk Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:55 pm

My woods are ok, but my irons are starting to loosen. My 7 iron is creeping out a bit, I hit 1 that felt kinda funny and when I looked it was starting to slide out a bit. The Mizzy's I ordered should be here soon, so I'll have them re-glued once the new stix arrive. As far as distance goes, I'd say 5% more than usual carry. The course was wet cause they were dumping water on it and aerating some fairways but I was flying it just short of where it would usually roll to, and I usually don't get much roll on my course. The ball felt real funny though, felt heavy off the face and sounded different. A side note I was down at the outlets in Vegas today shopping for some golf clothing and it was a solid 115 in the parking garage in the shade... It was flat out painful in the sun.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:11 am

I've got the Club Championship this weekend. 36 hole quali, top 8 get to match play which concludes next weekend. There are only 3 guys that can consistently beat me in match play. At least on paper. One is the 16 year old son of a member who is shooting under par every round.
    I'm pretty sure I'll make the matchplay, but you never know. It's amazing how high some of the qualifying scores are every year. Last year, I shot 78/77 and was a 4 seed. A couple years ago, I choked an 82 and came back with a 77 and still qualified. I'm guessing people are picking up a lot of 3 footers in casual rounds.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:11 am

Horseballs wrote:I've got the Club Championship this weekend.  36 hole quali, top 8 get to match play which concludes next weekend.  There are only 3 guys that can consistently beat me in match play.  At least on paper.  One is the 16 year old son of a member who is shooting under par every round.  
    I'm pretty sure I'll make the matchplay, but you never know.  It's amazing how high some of the qualifying scores are every year.  Last year, I shot 78/77 and was a 4 seed.  A couple years ago, I choked an 82 and came back with a 77 and still qualified.  I'm guessing people are picking up a lot of 3 footers in casual rounds.  

3 footers as give-me? NO WAY....
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:14 am

Horseballs wrote:I've got the Club Championship this weekend.  36 hole quali, top 8 get to match play which concludes next weekend.  There are only 3 guys that can consistently beat me in match play.  At least on paper.  One is the 16 year old son of a member who is shooting under par every round.  
    I'm pretty sure I'll make the matchplay, but you never know.  It's amazing how high some of the qualifying scores are every year.  Last year, I shot 78/77 and was a 4 seed.  A couple years ago, I choked an 82 and came back with a 77 and still qualified.  I'm guessing people are picking up a lot of 3 footers in casual rounds.  

I've got the Club Championship this weekend as well, except that ours is a 3-day stroke play tournament. Our match play event was a couple of months ago. I won the club championship last year and my name is on a gigantic trophy as well as my photo in a large glass case at the entrance to the club. Kiwi can verify this.

Whenever someone joins our group my buddy says "you're playing with the club champion". I shrug it off like it's nothing. That's what champions do.

I plan on winning it again this weekend. I'm going to play smarter, better and braver than any of the other jackasses who think they can outplay me.

I ain't going the humble route here boys. I am absolutely confident that I will win this thing. I feel it, I know it and I live it.

Now bring it.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:19 am

Good luck, FD. I've been playing pretty well lately, so I actually feel excited to play in this year's CC. Seems like I haven't been too interested in the comps thus far. I've only played in a couple and haven't cashed yet.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:10 pm

FamousDavis wrote:

I've got the Club Championship this weekend as well, except that ours is a 3-day stroke play tournament.   Our match play event was a couple of months ago.   I won the club championship last year and my name is on a gigantic trophy as well as my photo in a large glass case at the entrance to the club.   Kiwi can verify this.

Whenever someone joins our group my buddy says "you're playing with the club champion".   I shrug it off like it's nothing.  That's what champions do.  

I plan on winning it again this weekend.  I'm going to play smarter, better and braver than any of the other jackasses who think they can outplay me.  

I ain't going the humble route here boys.  I am absolutely confident that I will win this thing.  I feel it, I know it and I live it.  

Now bring it.

Yep, duly verified. Good luck FD. To be honest you're a cinch to win it again. The hard, competitive edge honed in the white hot heat of GR Matchplay will make the club champs seem like childs play by comparison and ensure a comfortable, easy win.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:13 pm

So that 16 year old son of a member I was talking about earlier.
    This is him. I had no idea he was doing so well this year. The crazy thing is, he is still very skinny and can't hit the ball very far yet. When he gets a bit of meat on his bones, he'll be even better.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/teen-shoots-59-in-north-south-junior-am/
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Played 9holes last night....Heres my first online vid of my longest drive of the evening

2nd one:)

Last edited by Fluffy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Let the ripping begin:shock: 
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Camo cargo. That is all.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:23 am

I walked 18 yesterday afternoon - at 4pm - for a whopping $9.00! Senior rate. We play 9 holes work league and then we keep going on the back nine after.

I shot a 82. I was crushing my 3W on average 240yds. I kept the driver in the bag. So I hit 13 of 14 fairways off the tee. Love my 3W - Ping G15 w/ Serrano 75 stiff shaft.

Hazy, hot and humid on long island, but playing next to the south bay, there was a nice ocean breeze blowing, kept the temps in the low 80's.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:45 am

jmtbkr wrote:I walked 18 yesterday afternoon - at 4pm - for a whopping $9.00!  Senior rate. We play 9 holes work league and then we keep going on the back nine after.

I shot a 82. I was crushing my 3W on average 240yds. I kept the driver in the bag. So I hit 13 of 14 fairways off the tee. Love my 3W - Ping G15 w/ Serrano 75 stiff shaft.

Hazy, hot and humid on long island, but playing next to the south bay, there was a nice ocean breeze blowing, kept the temps in the low 80's.

Sh$$$t, can't beat walking and senior rate , plus 82 score Razz 
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:23 am

I'd say that hitting 13 of 14 fairways and averaging 240 with a 3 wood beats that any day.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:39 am

Mongrel wrote:I'd say that hitting 13 of 14 fairways and averaging 240 with a 3 wood beats that any day.

Yeah....I'm damned psyched!

Can't wait to play friday....I'm sure my game will revert to the crapper. But meanwhile I'll bask in the light of a great round!
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 am

Horseballs wrote:Camo cargo. That is all.

It was 38degrees celsius......at the time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:14 am