The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

Mongrel... Since U live down that way

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Mongrel... Since U live down that way Empty Mongrel... Since U live down that way

Post  Pky6471 Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:12 pm

http://www.raspberrygolftrail.com/

You and your gang may wanna look into this... most are very high quality golf courses. I already play at Bullerock , Broadrun, Lake Presidential (the best IMO), Inniscrone (very tight like U know what) and of course Deerfield which is 3-4 miles from home
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Mongrel... Since U live down that way Empty Re: Mongrel... Since U live down that way

Post  Mongrel Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:49 pm

My club plays Links at Gettysburg and Royal Manchester regularly. Mountain Branch we play sometimes on Thursdays but not on weekends. It is just of I-95 about 20 minutes north of where I live. Royal Manchester is an interesting track but they fucked up the winter before last and put some bad chemicals on the greens that killed them and were closed about all of last season. Same with The Bridges just off Route 30 near Lancaster.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Mongrel... Since U live down that way Empty Re: Mongrel... Since U live down that way

Post  Pky6471 Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:15 am

Mongrel wrote:. Same with The Bridges just off Route 30 near Lancaster.

I worked and lived in Lancaster for 21 yrs... never heard of The Briges, where is it?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:24 am

Sorry for my mistake. Its between York to the east and Gettysburg to the west.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Mongrel wrote:Sorry for my mistake. Its between York to the east and Gettysburg to the west.

That's what I thought . Thanks. Play at Pilgrims Oak this year yet ?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:56 pm

My group is playing Pilgrim's Oak tomorrow morning but I am not. Had a bad round last Saturday. On the 9th hole the drizzle turned to wet snow. We finished 18 and it took a lot out of me never getting above the high 30's. Plus my new (used) Taylormade irons were not working too well. So this week I decided to try the lighter KBS Tour 90 stiff shafts in my Adams CB2 set in the Taylormade heads to see if a lighter shaft might make them work better. I did the gap wedge and 7 iron and hit 50-70 balls with each the past two afternoons after work. Out on a rec field that was sodded last year providing perfect lies. Based on hitting the two clubs, I think the reshaft will result in much more playable clubs for me. Hopefully. I will play the Pilgrim Oak a bit later on when the weather gets a bit warmer.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:57 pm

Mongrel wrote:My group is playing Pilgrim's Oak tomorrow morning but I am not. Had a bad round last Saturday. On the 9th hole the drizzle turned to wet snow. We finished 18 and it took a lot out of me never getting above the high 30's. Plus my new (used) Taylormade irons were not working too well. So this week I decided to try the lighter KBS Tour 90 stiff shafts in my Adams CB2 set in the Taylormade heads to see if a lighter shaft might make them work better. I did the gap wedge and 7 iron and hit 50-70 balls with each the past two afternoons after work. Out on a rec field that was sodded last year providing perfect lies. Based on hitting the two clubs, I think the reshaft will result in much more playable clubs for me. Hopefully. I will play the Pilgrim Oak a bit later on when the weather gets a bit warmer.

wet snow ???? sh$$$t It was 60 and sunny here yesterday, played a 6350-yd round , sh$$t too long for my old age , played a decent round but still ended up at 96... I am getting old for that length now
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:58 pm

In my group, we play all the courses with combinations of tees so that they all average around 6,000 yards. The USGA has approved this arrangement and the course slopes are adjusted accordingly. This was the only way to stop the young guys from bitching that some of the old guys (like me) who could hit drives over 220 or 230 would have an unfair advantage from the senior tees. And the old guys bitching that par 4's over 400 were unreachable or par 3's over 190 were too hard. It seems to work since one week an old guy with a higher handicap will win and the next event some younger guy with a ten 'cap will shoot a 74 and take it.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:43 pm

Been golfing here in Minnesota the last three week. Nothing steady as the weather has been up and down. The home course's greens are as shaggy as a European woman's armpit. But its golf.

We have one guy who moved up to the seniors last year and was kicking our asses in pick a partner (or what ever you guys call it when five guys play and its 2 against three). SOB always had a very good short game and hasn't lost any distance but he's kind of an arrogant asshole so he figured that would be a good way to win when we play. He's 65 and everybody else is between 59 and 68 and play from the regular tees. He isn't quite as smug anymore Sad
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:36 am

jt1135 wrote:Been golfing here in Minnesota the last three week.  Nothing steady as the weather has been up and down.  The home course's greens are as shaggy as a European woman's armpit.  But its golf.

We have one guy who moved up to the seniors last year and was kicking our asses in pick a partner (or what ever you guys call it when five guys play and its 2 against three).  SOB always had a very good short game and hasn't lost any distance but he's kind of an arrogant asshole so he figured that would be a good way to win when we play.  He's 65 and everybody else is between 59 and 68 and play from the regular tees.  He isn't quite as smug anymore Sad

I should try to play at the Sr Ts this coming Friday

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:43 pm