The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

It all comes down to three guys, Mongrel.

trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

It all comes down to three guys, Mongrel. Empty It all comes down to three guys, Mongrel.

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 am

If Steve Van Buren, Norm Van Brocklin, and Chuck Bednarik all suit up for the Eagles, we could have a hell of a game.

Short of that, though, Western PA is going to have to live with a second six-ring team.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

It all comes down to three guys, Mongrel. Empty Re: It all comes down to three guys, Mongrel.

Post  Mongrel Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:25 am

Alas, that fucking horrid groundhog Phil saw his miserable shadow and, also in western Pennsylvania, the Steelers remain the only Sixers. At least they are not as bad as the Iranian Twelvers. Anyhow, the only Philadelphia Eagles game I ever attended was at Franklin Field in 1960. My father took me. I was 13. I forget who the Eagles played but it was in the fall so it wasn't the Championship Game in which the Eagles beat the Packers for their only championship. Until last night, that is. I remember the year before my aunt took her eldest son and my first cousin and I to see the Harlem Globetrotters play the Philadelphia Eages at the Ursinus College gymnasium. My faintish memory recalls Eagles players Tommy McDonald, Tom Brookshier, Timmy Brown and maybe Chuck Bednarik on the Eagles team. I will never forget Meadowlark Lemon and I always pretty much hated basketball. Primarily because I've always been a white guy who could never jump.

Let me make it clear that I have always rooted for the Patriots and Brady in regular season games. One exception--when their opponent has been the Eagles. So last night was epic for me. I know Patriots fans are bummed but what the hell? You guys got five already so don't begrudge us Eagles fans the joy. And it was a hell of a game in which every play had the potential to matter in the final outcome. One of my biggest laughs this morning came from a comment on the Vikings fan blog. An Eagles fan posted on it thanking the Vikings for letting the Eagles use it to win the Super Bowl. Pure classic classlessness. Ciao
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

It all comes down to three guys, Mongrel. Empty Re: It all comes down to three guys, Mongrel.

Post  Pky6471 Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:11 am

No matter who won , that was one of the best Super Bowl games. IMO... I am not a "true" fan of the Eagles but since I live close to Philadelphia then I hoped they would win. Honestly , I would be as happy for the Patriots if they won the 6th time... Whoever better on that day should win, PERIOD. I don't believe in "sharing the wins... or U already won a million times ... or we have not won in 58 yrs... none of that BS... it boils down to "if U wanna win then beat me Laughing "
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Since the NFL was founded in 1920, Tom Brady is the first quarterback to throw for over five hundred yards, three touchdowns, no picks.....and lose. First time ever. The Patriot defense was abysmal.

Bill Belichick may be the best coach ever, but he should be fired for benching Malcolm Butler.

Belichick has never been sentimental about his players. He gets the best out of them, and then, when they come up for a big contract in mid-career, he jettisons them. Only Brady avoided that fate due to Kraft's intervention. Now it's time for Kraft to do that to Belichick. We've gotten a lot from him, but now hubris has made him a liability. He's rich. He'll be fine and should be retired at his age anyway. I retired in 2001 at age 55.

As for the Eagles, their offense played superbly. Good on them.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:07 am

Congratulations on the Eagles, Mongrel. Nice to see Patriots fans take it up the ass. I'm expecting someone will post a youtube of Brady crying himself to sleep. Soon the Yankees will bugger the s.hit out of New England. Fun times...
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:Congratulations on the Eagles, Mongrel.   Nice to see Patriots fans take it up the ass.  I'm expecting someone will post a youtube of Brady crying himself to sleep.  Soon the Yankees will bugger the s.hit out of New England.  Fun times...

Thanks, man. It's been a long time and in the past season I got to thinking that I might not live long enough to see Eagles win it. So now its all good and I don't even think about football anymore. I am concentrating on trying to accomplish a difficult thing in golf. Shooting my age. I just turned 71 and there are two par 71 courses in our little traveling club rota in Maryland and southern PA. I shot a 76 on one of them last April and it could have been some strokes lower because I sort of sand-bag dogged the last few so my handicap wouldn't plunge below the surface and fuck up the rest of the season for me. But equally great is the ongoing transformation from MAGA to KAG. Keep America Great.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:55 am

Mongrel wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:Congratulations on the Eagles, Mongrel.   Nice to see Patriots fans take it up the ass.  I'm expecting someone will post a youtube of Brady crying himself to sleep.  Soon the Yankees will bugger the s.hit out of New England.  Fun times...

Thanks, man. It's been a long time and in the past season I got to thinking that I might not live long enough to see Eagles win it. So now its all good and I don't even think about football anymore. I am concentrating on trying to accomplish a difficult thing in golf. Shooting my age. I just turned 71 and there are two par 71 courses in our little traveling club rota in Maryland and southern PA. I shot a 76 on one of them last April and it could have been some strokes lower because I sort of sand-bag dogged the last few so my handicap wouldn't plunge below the surface and fuck up the rest of the season for me. But equally great is the ongoing transformation from MAGA to KAG. Keep America Great.

It's hilarious to watch stupid people cling to media scripts.  Our great President has made major progress reducing nuclear threat and resurrecting the economy after suffering under that charisma encased idiot who couldn't run a corner store.  Trade will also improve significantly.  Smart people grasp the concept of negotiation and the role it can play in difficult accomplishment.  Unaccompished dolts who can't even take care of themselves without some form of feeding trough don't.  

Nifty is a model idiot. Proof that constructing a proper sentence can coexist with shit for brains.  His kind needs a President that supports their illogical, mindless script and makes them feel good about themselves, aka fools.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:27 pm

I find it hard to believe that you guys are as stupid as your posts, so I'm just going to assume that you're baiting me.

If, however, you two really do believe that Trump and the 62,000,000 troglodytes who voted for him are worthy of sharing the planet's oxygen supply, then I'm truly sorry that your moms ate so much shellfish when pregnant with you.  That mercury poisoning is a real b!tch.

In any case, it will be all over soon.  That orange ape is going down, and we'll have to live with that fuckface theocrat Pence for a little while. Quite a party you guys have.  At least there will be a blue HoR soon to keep him in check.

(I wonder if those clams, mussels, oysters, and scallops were worth it.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm