The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+25
Dixon Cox
mtz4life
Mongrel
Big Dave
The Ghost of FD
Hubijerk
BBQpig
SoonerBS
Player
msal13
californiataxes
FreakOfNature
Dirtsquirrel
Fluffy
Poe4soul
jmtbkr
12pierogi
Horseballs
Kiwigolfer
jetdriver
Lord Helmet
Golfaholic
JonT
Olderplayer
Lorenzzo
29 posters

Club Ho'ing

Mongrel
    Mongrel

Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 Empty Re: Club Ho'ing

Post  Mongrel Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:31 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    JonT wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:Boy did I spend a bunch of hours looking for a good putter cheap. I occupied both Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith on consecutive weekends trying every high-HOI face-balanced model in the stores. The local Golfmsith is just a year old and has a huge putting area that rolls about two feet faster than the GG and provide for 50 feet putts versus about 25 at the older GG. I was about settled on the Odyssey model that Luke Donald uses-- a #7 I think -- when I returned to the Rife at the Golfsmith. After the first weekend, I did online research about them and I tried it again. This time I noticed that there is a touch of toe-hang and the company specs it out at 15%. Not to be too anal about it but that means that I could get away with a very slight inside to inside stroke if I needed a bit more distance like on uphillers or slow greens. So I took it home and took it apart and the two weights turned out to be 22 grams each, the heaviest of the three weights you got when you bought it new. Of course there was no kit nor headcover but for $39 versus a couple of hundred, I gave not a flying penetration. The shaft is 33" and it has this humongous blue grip which is just perfect for me. It is the original with the black painted face and blackish body. I played one round in Florida couple of weeks ago with it on a muni that had its greens re-surfaced since the last time I played it and they were quite slick with lots of undulations. I didn't make anything longer than ten feet but I didn't 3 putt either and that is a rare putting round for me. This is my first foray into the world of Transformer head putters and I don't think I'm heading back to the traditional blade styles I've used for over 50 years.

Okay, this is getting a little freaky...

I bought a Rife 2-Bar a couple years ago, used it a few times then put it away. It was rolling nice but my putting stroke wasn't doing it justice, so I went back to my Ping Pal as I was some what better with it. That was about five putters ago; lately after going left hand low last fall I have been revisiting my putter stockpile and pulled out the Rife for my Florida trip. Shortened it to 31.5 from 33" (gorilla arms), regripped it, stuck in the middle set of weights; I am liking it. Putts weren't dropping every time on the first stroke (haven't played in 3 months) but they were burning the cup and never far away for the comeback.

I guess we are living in parallel worlds, MG; it's the mid sixties;-)

When you guys talk of the Rife 2-bar I'm assuming you mean the mallet version? I ask because I've seen another two bar model that looks like a Ping Anser on steroids. It's metallic greyish blue in color. The only negative I've heard in regard to the Rife 2 bar is that it feels light. This, of course, is personal preference. I find most Scotty Cameron putters to be too heavy and I find myself hitting it too far past the hole.

I hit the Titleist 762 irons w/ Graphite Design G.A.T Stiff shafts today at the range. I pitted them against the Ping i10 irons w/ Z-z65 shafts. The 762 feels a bit more stable and about 5 to 7 yards longer. I also tried out the Callaway Diablo Edge 9 Deg with Habanero Stiff. This driver is extremely easy to hit but I think a get a little more spin with it. It launches the ball when I slow the swing down a bit and let the club do the work.

That Rife is the 2 Bar Hybrid. I tried that one too but didn't like it at all since its sole is only level for maybe a ball width under center face and then the toe and heel sides slope up sort of like a boat keel. I found that when soling it I could not align it very well. The 2 Bar Mallet has a relatively flat sole that I can align, push back and pull through with more accuracy than any other putter I've ever hit.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:23 am

Mostly German wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:
    JonT wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:Boy did I spend a bunch of hours looking for a good putter cheap. I occupied both Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith on consecutive weekends trying every high-HOI face-balanced model in the stores. The local Golfmsith is just a year old and has a huge putting area that rolls about two feet faster than the GG and provide for 50 feet putts versus about 25 at the older GG. I was about settled on the Odyssey model that Luke Donald uses-- a #7 I think -- when I returned to the Rife at the Golfsmith. After the first weekend, I did online research about them and I tried it again. This time I noticed that there is a touch of toe-hang and the company specs it out at 15%. Not to be too anal about it but that means that I could get away with a very slight inside to inside stroke if I needed a bit more distance like on uphillers or slow greens. So I took it home and took it apart and the two weights turned out to be 22 grams each, the heaviest of the three weights you got when you bought it new. Of course there was no kit nor headcover but for $39 versus a couple of hundred, I gave not a flying penetration. The shaft is 33" and it has this humongous blue grip which is just perfect for me. It is the original with the black painted face and blackish body. I played one round in Florida couple of weeks ago with it on a muni that had its greens re-surfaced since the last time I played it and they were quite slick with lots of undulations. I didn't make anything longer than ten feet but I didn't 3 putt either and that is a rare putting round for me. This is my first foray into the world of Transformer head putters and I don't think I'm heading back to the traditional blade styles I've used for over 50 years.

Okay, this is getting a little freaky...

I bought a Rife 2-Bar a couple years ago, used it a few times then put it away. It was rolling nice but my putting stroke wasn't doing it justice, so I went back to my Ping Pal as I was some what better with it. That was about five putters ago; lately after going left hand low last fall I have been revisiting my putter stockpile and pulled out the Rife for my Florida trip. Shortened it to 31.5 from 33" (gorilla arms), regripped it, stuck in the middle set of weights; I am liking it. Putts weren't dropping every time on the first stroke (haven't played in 3 months) but they were burning the cup and never far away for the comeback.

I guess we are living in parallel worlds, MG; it's the mid sixties;-)

When you guys talk of the Rife 2-bar I'm assuming you mean the mallet version? I ask because I've seen another two bar model that looks like a Ping Anser on steroids. It's metallic greyish blue in color. The only negative I've heard in regard to the Rife 2 bar is that it feels light. This, of course, is personal preference. I find most Scotty Cameron putters to be too heavy and I find myself hitting it too far past the hole.

I hit the Titleist 762 irons w/ Graphite Design G.A.T Stiff shafts today at the range. I pitted them against the Ping i10 irons w/ Z-z65 shafts. The 762 feels a bit more stable and about 5 to 7 yards longer. I also tried out the Callaway Diablo Edge 9 Deg with Habanero Stiff. This driver is extremely easy to hit but I think a get a little more spin with it. It launches the ball when I slow the swing down a bit and let the club do the work.

That Rife is the 2 Bar Hybrid. I tried that one too but didn't like it at all since its sole is only level for maybe a ball width under center face and then the toe and heel sides slope up sort of like a boat keel. I found that when soling it I could not align it very well. The 2 Bar Mallet has a relatively flat sole that I can align, push back and pull through with more accuracy than any other putter I've ever hit.

I on the other hand, like my 2 Bar Hybrid. Lines up easy and with the heavy weights works well for me in the spring and fall when the greens are shaggier. When they get in good shape, I switch to my SC Futura. Really like the feel with that club.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 Empty Nice

Post  FamousDavis Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:52 pm

Got a couple of tacos from the local hole in the wall taco stand and then set out to do some used club prospecting. It's kind of like panning for gold, you never know if you're going to leave deflated or if you'll have staked a claim.

It's funny but as I get closer to this particular Play it again Sports (PIAS) I start noticing a whole bunch of bars, pawn shops, thrift stores and stores that cater to those who enjoy hemp. It's not a seedy area at all but it's clearly meant for the younger crowd.

Anyway, let me digress. I went in to PIAS with my handy $50 off coupon. See, at this store if you spend $250 or more you get $50 off. So, I started checking out the loot.

First I stumbled upon a used set of Cobra CXI irons with Dynalite Stiff shafts for $44. Not bad. these look exactly like Ping Eye 2s. Pass.

Next a set of Bridgestone J36 cavity irons with Nippon 1050GH Stiff for $179. Nice shape, little scratching and original grips. I'll buy that for a dollar.

Next a lone Ping i20 5 wood with Project X 6.0 graphite shaft for (you won't believe this) $69! This club looks like it was hit maybe twice. It's essentially new with the headcover.

So, I bought both, which just happened to add up to exactly $250 and I walked out the door after tax having spent $215.

I can't wait to try the irons and this 5 wood. The 5 wood looks really cool. All black and stealth looking. Like I'm running covert ops.

I gotta say it was a good day. [img]Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 Z_brid11[/img]

[img]Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 Z_brid12[/img]
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:20 pm

Man do you walk under a sunny cloud. Those Bridgestones are beauties and I never see a set of those or the earlier J33's for under two and a half bills. And those Nippons shafts? Dem all-Jap. And the Project X in that 5 wood? Man, you de man.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Noice!
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Mostly German wrote:Man do you walk under a sunny cloud. Those Bridgestones are beauties and I never see a set of those or the earlier J33's for under two and a half bills. And those Nippons shafts? Dem all-Jap. And the Project X in that 5 wood? Man, you de man.

No kidding. This store is like a rare gem that always seems to get some used equipment in that has barely been used. The most ridiculous purchase yet was a near new Ping Anser 8.5 Driver that I picked up for $129 (after the discount). I sold it two days later on Ebay for $289.

Another time they had a set of Ping i20 irons that looked like they had been played maybe 5 rounds. I picked those up for $329 and sold them the next day for $469. Actually, I should have kept those. I've hit them before and they're sweet.

I'm playing in the SCGA tournament qualifier tomorrow and can't decide what I should put in the bag. I'm thinking the Bridgestones might be fun to try out but it's probably not the best idea to try out new clubs in a tournament.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Bridgestones seem to be very popular among the good ball-strikers in the Southern Hemisphere over in the Pacific. Australia and New Zealand. Maybe because those islands are closer to Nippon. Many of their clubs have some sort of "J" nomenclature. I assume this is for Jumbo Ozaki who was one of my favorite PGA players from several decades ago. I read once the Jumbo's typical strike with his driver was a bit high out towards the toe. This was my usual contact spot too and when Bridgestone came out with a metal headed driver called "J's Professional Weapon", I noted that the head was slightly enlarged towards the toe and up and I really coveted that club but it was way too expensive for me. Twenty years later I found one used in a store with a simulator and hit it several times and it felt like crap. It had a steel shaft and was like fifteen dollars. If I had the setup and brain wiring I have now, I would have played with graphite shafts in it. I recall that Jumbo had a brother who was also a pro. Jumbo was the larger of the two brothers.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Mostly German wrote:Bridgestones seem to be very popular among the good ball-strikers in the Southern Hemisphere over in the Pacific. Australia and New Zealand. Maybe because those islands are closer to Nippon. Many of their clubs have some sort of "J" nomenclature. I assume this is for Jumbo Ozaki who was one of my favorite PGA players from several decades ago. I read once the Jumbo's typical strike with his driver was a bit high out towards the toe. This was my usual contact spot too and when Bridgestone came out with a metal headed driver called "J's Professional Weapon", I noted that the head was slightly enlarged towards the toe and up and I really coveted that club but it was way too expensive for me. Twenty years later I found one used in a store with a simulator and hit it several times and it felt like crap. It had a steel shaft and was like fifteen dollars. If I had the setup and brain wiring I have now, I would have played with graphite shafts in it. I recall that Jumbo had a brother who was also a pro. Jumbo was the larger of the two brothers.

Yep, I remember when the J's Professional Weapon came out in either 1990 or 1991. Everyone on tour was talking about how it rolled an extra 30 yards when hit on the screws. It was actually one of the first oversized drivers that came out around the same time as the Big Bertha. The problem with the J is that it was only targeted toward low handicappers. I tried it a few times but it was no longer than my Taylormade Tour Preferred "tiny head" 8.5 degree with DGS300 shaft. They also came out with a Bridgestone J's Weapon blade forged cavity back iron. I still see them now and again.

I like the look of the J36 pocket cavity. Very angular at address with sharp lines. Completely different looking than the J33 CB. Not sure about those Nippon 1050G shafts, although they are supposed to be heavier and a little stiffer than the 950GH series, that I hit too high.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 Empty Qualified

Post  FamousDavis Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:06 am

Well, for the second year in a row I qualified for the SCGA Net Amateur which is a two-day tournament held somewhere north of Santa Barbara. Local qualifying is held at about 12 different courses and the one I played today is sort of medium road as far as difficulty. I don't think I've ever had such an ugly round where I scored decently. I shot a 78 and hit my irons really poorly. I couldn't believe that a net 72 placed me in 3rd place. I shot a gross 78. They only took 4 people.

Here's a round recap but I caution you, it's ugly:

1. Par 4. Big tree on the right 150 yards from tee box forces you to hit a fade off the tee. I hit too big a fade. had to punch out. Bogey. +1
    2. Par 4. Hit 3 wood into trees. Tried to hit between trees but pulled it and went through 2 foot gap 20 yards from green. chipped short. Bogey. +2
    3. Short Par 4. Iron off tee. pulled 2nd shot left & nearly went in water. Bogey +3
    4. Par 3 with water on left. hit 6 iron to 12 feet. Birdie. +2
    5. Long Par 4. Good drive. Thinned 4 iron 2nd shot but it ran up on green. par. +2
    6. par 3. Hit into bunker. Nearly shanked sand shot. 2 putt bogey. +3
    7. Par 5. Gd drive. layup. Pitch to 6 feet. Missed putt. par. +3
    8. Par 4. gd. drive. iron shot short of green by 15 yards. Chipped short to 15 feet. made putt for par. +3
    9. Good driver. Iron over green. Bad chip. Bogey +4.
    10. Par 5. Good drive. Good layup. pulled wedge. I putt it up to 2 feet. Par. +4
    11. Par 4. Good drive but a big tree on the left. Pulled iron & hit tree. Pitched. I missed a 1.5 foot putt for bogey. +5
    12. Good drive. Wedge to 25 feet. Sunk putt for birdie. +4.
    The rest were routine pars until I got to the 17th & went brain dead. hit tree on 2nd shot. Double. +6.
    Last hole was a par 5 and I parred it. +6. Still can't believe I made the cut. There were some really high scores today.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:27 am

FamousDavis wrote:Well, for the second year in a row I qualified for the SCGA Net Amateur which is a two-day tournament held somewhere north of Santa Barbara. Local qualifying is held at about 12 different courses and the one I played today is sort of medium road as far as difficulty. I don't think I've ever had such an ugly round where I scored decently. I shot a 78 and hit my irons really poorly. I couldn't believe that a net 72 placed me in 3rd place. I shot a gross 78. They only took 4 people.

1. Par 4. Big tree on the right 150 yards from tee box forces you to hit a fade off the tee. I hit too big a fade. had to punch out. Bogey. +1
    2. Par 4. Hit 3 wood into trees. Tried to hit between trees but pulled it and went through 2 foot gap 20 yards from green. chipped short. Bogey. +2
    3. Short Par 4. Iron off tee. pulled 2nd shot left & nearly went in water. Bogey +3
    5. Long Par 4. Good drive. Thinned 4 iron 2nd shot but it ran up on green. par. +2
    8. Par 4. gd. drive. iron shot short of green by 15 yards. Chipped short to 15 feet. made putt for par. +3
    10. Par 5. Good drive. Good layup. pulled wedge. I putt it up to 2 feet. Par. +4
    11. Par 4. Good drive but a big tree on the left. Pulled iron & hit tree. Pitched. I missed a 1.5 foot putt for bogey. +5
    The rest were routine pars until I got to the 17th & went brain dead. hit tree on 2nd shot. Double. +6.
    Last hole was a par 5 and I parred it. +6. Still can't believe I made the cut. There were some really high scores today.

So you are a 6 handicap?

YOu normally the standard to hit the above shots in a competion round is the lack of hitting warm up golf balls on the course before the time to see what one is doing on the day. They have recently opened a drive range on my course where members paid something like $150 for the year for unlimited balls. BEST DAMN THING EVER. Now I know how I am hitting my wedges and know which direction my aiming is leaning towards.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:57 am

FamousDavis wrote:Well, for the second year in a row I qualified for the SCGA Net Amateur which is a two-day tournament held somewhere north of Santa Barbara. Local qualifying is held at about 12 different courses and the one I played today is sort of medium road as far as difficulty. I don't think I've ever had such an ugly round where I scored decently. I shot a 78 and hit my irons really poorly. I couldn't believe that a net 72 placed me in 3rd place. I shot a gross 78. They only took 4 people.

FD... U don't play golf to earn a living so just enjoy your game/tourney.... I don't care if I shoot 100, I try to shoot my best when I am out there (no 3-putt, no 2 chips, no 2 sand shots etc...). BTW, I love Santa Barbara
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:58 am

Nice looking driver head 8.5 R9 I picked up

Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 3C2B9997-CB94-4820-B550-8F014A059ECC-1795-000002494479302D_zps2aca8cc2
    Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 8D7267D4-8B16-4594-8722-A70086D877E5-1795-000002497AB9ECBA_zpsd124b71f
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:27 am

That is a nice looking head. And its not white. Is that one of those heads that needs separate hosels and other gadgets to assemble it or do you just glue a shaft into the hole?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:47 am

Fluffy wrote:

So you are a 6 handicap?

You normally the standard to hit the above shots in a competion round is the lack of hitting warm up golf balls on the course before the time to see what one is doing on the day. They have recently opened a drive range on my course where members paid something like $150 for the year for unlimited balls. BEST DAMN THING EVER. Now I know how I am hitting my wedges and know which direction my aiming is leaning towards.

Fluffy - I DID warm up prior to the round except that the driving range isn't long enough to hit drivers. However, I was hitting my irons very solid on the range. I actually tried the Bridgestone J36 first but decided to go with the Mizuno MP-32. I was puring them on the range. Got on the course and I don't think I hit one iron all day that felt flush.

PK - I don't play in tournaments just to have fun. I play in them seriously and want to win or be near the top. Granted, I would agree that while I'm playing I should enjoy it (which I do) but I'm still very serious about it and if I play poorly I'm disappointed.

Actually, let me explain further. The only time I truly get upset is if I don't hit the ball aggressively and wimp out on shots. I don't like playing in tournaments and being scared of bad things happening. When you play that way it makes you feel like a little b!tch. Better to just fire away and see what happens.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:49 am

12pierogi wrote:Nice looking driver head 8.5 R9 I picked up

Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 3C2B9997-CB94-4820-B550-8F014A059ECC-1795-000002494479302D_zps2aca8cc2
    Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 8D7267D4-8B16-4594-8722-A70086D877E5-1795-000002497AB9ECBA_zpsd124b71f

My freind, Antwan, used to play the R9 460 and switched to the Taylor R1 driver with a regular shaft. He is now (and I'm not exaggerating) 15 to 20 yards longer than before. The regular shaft in his R1 is sort of grey and orange in color. It's the stock one you find in the store with the majority of the R1 drivers. I've never seen such an dramatic increase in distance after changing drivers.
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Mostly German wrote:That is a nice looking head. And its not white. Is that one of those heads that needs separate hosels and other gadgets to assemble it or do you just glue a shaft into the hole?

You glue the hosel on the shaft, and insert it into the head, and torque it with a wrench. I have 2 Motore shafts , one regular, one stiff for the R9 actually I think the shafts interchange with any R series.
    You would like it, as you can play with weight, via 3 ports in the back of the head, and play with the loft, lie, and face angle, via the bosel. The original R9 like this one is around 420cc not the 460 version FDs buddy played. You can't adjust the weight on the 460 version, as its optimized for getting the ball up, and I think it's draw biased. These are becoming a kind of cult favorite, kind of like the 905r is. Sweet sounding also, almost in a persimmon way. Plus the ballflight is eerily on the low side.
    A tinkerers delight.
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:50 pm

My freind, Antwan, used to play the R9 460 and switched to the Taylor R1 driver with a regular shaft. He is now (and I'm not exaggerating) 15 to 20 yards longer than before. The regular shaft in his R1 is sort of grey and orange in color. It's the stock one you find in the store with the majority of the R1 drivers. I've never seen such an dramatic increase in distance after changing drivers. [/quote]

I'm probably 10 yards longer with a regular flex versus stiff. I'm off the distance bs for awhile, and playing the boardiest shaft, without swinging out my shoes I can deal with.
    I've never hit another driver any straighter than the R9, I would say its as hot a legal face you can get, in the original R9 There not short. They kind of seem longer, as I'm in the fairway more often, but drivers do wear out after you beat them enough. Plus I like black.
    You know what I'm talking about Santa

Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 2803C7C0-7292-485B-8022-6E0518DB816C-2095-0000033D2E2FB664_zps71baf585
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:56 pm

12pierogi wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:That is a nice looking head. And its not white. Is that one of those heads that needs separate hosels and other gadgets to assemble it or do you just glue a shaft into the hole?

You glue the hosel on the shaft, and insert it into the head, and torque it with a wrench. I have 2 Motore shafts , one regular, one stiff for the R9 actually I think the shafts interchange with any R series.
    You would like it, as you can play with weight, via 3 ports in the back of the head, and play with the loft, lie, and face angle, via the bosel. The original R9 like this one is around 420cc not the 460 version FDs buddy played. You can't adjust the weight on the 460 version, as its optimized for getting the ball up, and I think it's draw biased. These are becoming a kind of cult favorite, kind of like the 905r is. Sweet sounding also, almost in a persimmon way. Plus the ballflight is eerily on the low side.
    A tinkerers delight.
    That's intriguing. Never hit one of those but I've seen used ones in the golf stores. I just looked on the ebay and it seems that most of them are being offered for sale without the tools necessary to adjust the hosel and the weights. WTF? Isn't that the idea? I mean the thing was advertised as having 75 yards of adjustability or something like that along with the abilitiy to vary trajectory. It sounds like the old German mechanic's lament of "Vell, it vill cost extra because it require the Porsche special tool."
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 Empty Ping Eye 2 +

Post  FamousDavis Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:24 pm

This may come as a shock to many of you but I have decided to go back to the Ping Eye 2+ irons with KT-M shafts. I've located a set and I'm purchasing them later this afternoon. After playing in yesterday's tournament I've come to the conclusion that I need a cavity back iron with a stiff shaft. I'm not good enough for blades when the pressure is on. I don't like forged cavity back irons, for whatever reason, so cast is the only way for me to go. Since I like the look of the Ping eye 2 and hit the long irons better than any other iron, that's the way I'm going to go. I'm picking up this set for $110 and it includes 3-PW & SW. Thanks.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:34 pm

Then its unamimous. The Eyes have it.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Forgot to mention that I've added a couple of clubs to my arsenal:

1. Never Compormise GM2 #2 Center Shafted putter. Like new condition & picked up for $29. See pics.

2. Callaway Diablo Edge With Habanero Stiff, 9 degree. $33.

3. Ping iwedge 56 degree to match my 52 degree iwedge.

That's all for now. [img]Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 Z_nc_p10[/img]
    [img]Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 Z_nc_p11[/img]
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:32 pm

FamousDavis wrote:This may come as a shock to many of you but I have decided to go back to the Ping Eye 2+ irons with KT-M shafts. I've located a set and I'm purchasing them later this afternoon. After playing in yesterday's tournament I've come to the conclusion that I need a cavity back iron with a stiff shaft. I'm not good enough for blades when the pressure is on. I don't like forged cavity back irons, for whatever reason, so cast is the only way for me to go. Since I like the look of the Ping eye 2 and hit the long irons better than any other iron, that's the way I'm going to go. I'm picking up this set for $110 and it includes 3-PW & SW. Thanks.

So the best ball striker on 2 different sites has to use a game improvement iron? WTF!!!!
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 pm

jt1135 wrote:And some of the woods which will be going in and out of the bag.

Club Ho'ing  - Page 20 00510

Ok what shaft is in that ZTX ? By the way that Bridgestone looks huge.
    Look at the 4dx! Looks the smallest dont it. Love it. Plus looks like a V2 shaft great combo.
    Plus I'm listening to Raconteurs Steady as she Goes.

Last edited by 12pierogi on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Now the Black Keys Thickfreakness. You gotta earn that one.
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:01 pm

jt1135 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:This may come as a shock to many of you but I have decided to go back to the Ping Eye 2+ irons with KT-M shafts. I've located a set and I'm purchasing them later this afternoon. After playing in yesterday's tournament I've come to the conclusion that I need a cavity back iron with a stiff shaft. I'm not good enough for blades when the pressure is on. I don't like forged cavity back irons, for whatever reason, so cast is the only way for me to go. Since I like the look of the Ping eye 2 and hit the long irons better than any other iron, that's the way I'm going to go. I'm picking up this set for $110 and it includes 3-PW & SW. Thanks.

So the best ball striker on 2 different sites has to use a game improvement iron? WTF!!!!

The comical part about the eye 2 is the head size is nice, it's the offset that makes me throw up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:47 pm