The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

4 posters

Club Ho out there... This may help your future hoing...

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Club Ho out there... This may help your future hoing... Empty Club Ho out there... This may help your future hoing...

Post  Pky6471 Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:02 am

Fluffy
    Fluffy

Club Ho out there... This may help your future hoing... Empty Re: Club Ho out there... This may help your future hoing...

Post  Fluffy Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:14 am

And another one...

I dont know how to express my offensiveness......

Just make the assumption all club fitters are fk'ing retards.....

I went to the golf shop yesterday with a simple request after i broke my Cleveland 56degree's stock shaft.

1. Buy a X100 DG 130g shaft...
    2. pull the s300 from my 1iron.
    3. pull the plug from my s300 shaft which added 1.5inch
    4. put the same grip on my s300 shaft
    5. put the shaft in me cleveland trimming it from the bottem to specs standard 56degree + 1inch length.
    6. put x100 in my 1iron. leave at same raw length as it was with the s300...

Got there today...both clubs are 1/2 inch shorter then they were.
    the old s300 was trimmed from the top,not the bottom.
    They dont have any proof its an x100 at 130g in my 1iron...

These guys..............are fucking idiots. Hope this was offensive enough.

Initially they recommended a 90gram "FukNowsWhat"shaft in my 1iron.....Until I insisted.
    Seems clubmakers asume a bunch of homo's are playing the game...

If this post offended ANYONE.....well then........FUK YOU!
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Club Ho out there... This may help your future hoing... Empty Re: Club Ho out there... This may help your future hoing...

Post  Pky6471 Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:53 am

Fluffy wrote:And another one...

I dont know how to express my offensiveness......

Just make the assumption all club fitters are fk'ing retards.....

I went to the golf shop yesterday with a simple request after i broke my Cleveland 56degree's stock shaft.

1. Buy a X100 DG 130g shaft...
    2. pull the s300 from my 1iron.
    3. pull the plug from my s300 shaft which added 1.5inch
    4. put the same grip on my s300 shaft
    5. put the shaft in me cleveland trimming it from the bottem to specs standard 56degree + 1inch length.
    6. put x100 in my 1iron. leave at same raw length as it was with the s300...

Got there today...both clubs are 1/2 inch shorter then they were.
    the old s300 was trimmed from the top,not the bottom.
    They dont have any proof its an x100 at 130g in my 1iron...

These guys..............are fucking idiots. Hope this was offensive enough.

Initially they recommended a 90gram "FukNowsWhat"shaft in my 1iron.....Until I insisted.
    Seems clubmakers asume a bunch of homo's are playing the game...

If this post offended ANYONE.....well then........FUK YOU!

It's not difficult to tell someone is really MAD No
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:29 am

Hey Fluff: you can go onto True Temper's website and go to the pages under "Identify a Shaft" and they have the step patterns of all their shafts. Look at the X100 shaft step pattern and measure from the tip of your 1 iron (assuming an insertion of about 1.6") and measure to the first step. You can also compare it to an S300 of similar length since the X100 has a shorter butt section.

Yes, there are many morons doing club fittings and repairs. Plus they all charge good money for it and sometimes take days to do a job that in reality takes a few minutes. Precisely why several years ago I finally broke down and bought the tools and supplies to do it myself. Doesn't cost much and takes up little space. Plus all you need to know can be found using Google. That way if your club is fucked up, you know who to blame.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:31 am

Fluffy wrote:Just make the assumption all club fitters are fk'ing retards.....
    Correct assumption. You have to get in the mind of the club fitter to really understand what you're dealing with. They are golf nerds. Most are choppers, who assume chopper status for all their customers. They also harbor the belief that club technology and video give them some sort of insight into the game and how to play it. In reality, they are unathletic failures within the fields of engineering/science and golf. They project some sort of guru status and lead you down the path of "I know better than you...", but in reality, they are paid servants who should learn to cut and glue as I say and STFU.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:36 am

Mostly German wrote:Hey Fluff: you can go onto True Temper's website and go to the pages under "Identify a Shaft" and they have the step patterns of all their shafts. Look at the X100 shaft step pattern and measure from the tip of your 1 iron (assuming an insertion of about 1.6") and measure to the first step. You can also compare it to an S300 of similar length since the X100 has a shorter butt section.

Yes, there are many morons doing club fittings and repairs. Plus they all charge good money for it and sometimes take days to do a job that in reality takes a few minutes. Precisely why several years ago I finally broke down and bought the tools and supplies to do it myself. Doesn't cost much and takes up little space. Plus all you need to know can be found using Google. That way if your club is fucked up, you know who to blame.

One day when I have my own house. Or garage atleast. Came across an interesting hidden site yesterday, where they talked about the adjustments the mizuno/ping/nike staff make to their players clubs when they want to change their ballflight, bending driver heads, increasing lofts, tipping, gripping heavier/lighter, but as small as an 1/4 of an inch to get what they want for less spinmore trajectory.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:37 am

Horseballs wrote:
    Fluffy wrote:Just make the assumption all club fitters are fk'ing retards.....
    Correct assumption. You have to get in the mind of the club fitter to really understand what you're dealing with. They are golf nerds. Most are choppers, who assume chopper status for all their customers. They also harbor the belief that club technology and video give them some sort of insight into the game and how to play it. In reality, they are unathletic failures within the fields of engineering/science and golf. They project some sort of guru status and lead you down the path of "I know better than you...", but in reality, they are paid servants who should learn to cut and glue as I say and STFU.

Thumbs up Fluffy Likes this post.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 am

Fluffy wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:Hey Fluff: you can go onto True Temper's website and go to the pages under "Identify a Shaft" and they have the step patterns of all their shafts. Look at the X100 shaft step pattern and measure from the tip of your 1 iron (assuming an insertion of about 1.6") and measure to the first step. You can also compare it to an S300 of similar length since the X100 has a shorter butt section.

One day when I have my own house. Or garage atleast. Came across an interesting hidden site yesterday, where they talked about the adjustments the mizuno/ping/nike staff make to their players clubs when they want to change their ballflight, bending driver heads, increasing lofts, tipping, gripping heavier/lighter, but as small as an 1/4 of an inch to get what they want for less spinmore trajectory.
    Yep. Little changes can add up to big results. Positive or negative. Couple of weeks ago I bought a used pull-out driver shaft for my Titleist. I also bought a grip for it that was on sale at the shop for $2.00 figuring that if I like the shaft, I would buy a better grip later on. So I've hit the driver a couple of times and like the shaft but not the ball flight and figured out that the grip is at fault since it is a hard Golf Pride DD2 that is undersized and I hit my best with the standard diameter grips. The difference is about 1/16 of an inch. And I like the Golf Pride Tour Wrap G2's the best since they are really tacky and just a bit soft without twisting like some of the other grips I've tried like the Winn Excells.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:23 am