The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+5
FamousDavis
Lorenzzo
jt1135
Mongrel
Horseballs
9 posters

NFL 2014 - Official Thread

trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

NFL 2014 - Official Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: NFL 2014 - Official Thread

Post  trombettista_vecchio Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:10 am

I enjoyed the Colts game a lot more than last week's game with the Ravens. Much more relaxing.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Absolutely. My wife asked me why I enjoyed that game so much since it was a blowout. I told her that when your team is the one applying the
    ass-whipping, it makes for compelling TV. After the big game in two weeks, those hawks will be back to crapping on windshields.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:57 am

I won my 2 team parlay, now if NE can beat Seattle, I sweep the final four in both college and NFL. Even if Seattle wins, I'm still up pretty big over the last month.
    Still, I'm feeling pretty good about my chances, though I'm really having a hard time rooting for the Patriots. I supposed I can root against my pocketbook and take solace regardless of the outcome.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:00 am

Mongrel wrote:Absolutely. My wife asked me why I enjoyed that game so much since it was a blowout. I told her that when your team is the one applying the
    ass-whipping, it makes for compelling TV. After the big game in two weeks, those hawks will be back to crapping on windshields.
    Surprising you'd be against the Colts. As a Baltimore-hater, I would think that watching the Colts have success would piss off the locals. Or has Baltimore forgiven the Colts?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:Absolutely. My wife asked me why I enjoyed that game so much since it was a blowout. I told her that when your team is the one applying the
    Surprising you'd be against the Colts.  As a Baltimore-hater, I would think that watching the Colts have success would piss off the locals.  Or has Baltimore forgiven the Colts?  

I've lived amongst the Baltimorons since the mid-'70's but I'm not of them. The local Crow fans are either too young or too drunk too often to care about anything other than who put the most recent ass-whupping on their football birds. This year it was the Patriots. The local whine the day after they lost that divisional game was obnoxious. The Raven coach accused the Patriots of cheating with illegal substitutions. Just like the whiners after this past Sunday's game crying about under inflated balls. The only under-inflated balls belonged to the Colts after the Patirots reamed them up their arses and kneed their groins.

And remember, the Baltimore Ravens are actually the old Cleveland Browns 2.0. As for the Patriots, I admire excellence in sports and life in general. And Tom Brady and the head coach embody excellence in NFL football. So while I am an Eagles fan by virtue of birthplace and the influence of blood relatives, I will root for the Patriots so long as they are not playing the Eagles.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:48 am

Hate to be deflating, HB, but the Patriot run is over. They were outplayed by the Ravens but through guile managed to edge them by a mere couple of psi. The Colts suck so nothing proved there.  No surprise the Pats capitalized on about 11 out of 12 opportunities in that game. I would point out Brady made a lot of bad throws but was lucky. He wouldn't get away with it against the Hawks. Further, the Patriots bend don't break defense will break in the red zone against Lynch.

With Deflategate controversy robbing the Pats of momentum and karma going into the Super Bowl they will be up against a team with plenty, particularly the quarterback who in completing a Hail Mary two point conversion followed by an instant winning TD in OT is guaranteed to play over his head (yes a short joke). Seriously? A Hail Mary two point conversion? That shit wipes out better teams as the next opponent, forget about lesser ones. And Brady has become a choke job in the Super Bowl.

This one is an easy call. I'm taking my Hawks.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:58 am

Lorenzzo wrote:Hate to be deflating, HB, but the Patriot run is over. They were outplayed by the Ravens but through guile managed to edge them by a mere couple of psi. The Colts suck so nothing proved there.  No surprise the Pats capitalized on about 11 out of 12 opportunities in that game. I would point out Brady made a lot of bad throws but was lucky. He wouldn't get away with it against the Hawks. Further, the Patriots bend don't break defense will break in the red zone against Lynch.

With Deflategate controversy robbing the Pats of momentum and karma going into the Super Bowl they will be up against a team with plenty, particularly the quarterback who in completing a Hail Mary two point conversion followed by an instant winning TD in OT is guaranteed to play over his head (yes a short joke). Seriously? A Hail Mary two point conversion? That shit wipes out better teams as the next opponent, forget about lesser ones. And Brady has become a choke job in the Super Bowl.

This one is an easy call. I'm taking my Hawks.
    I certainly hope so. I really don't like the Patriots and everything they stand for. Although I actively exhibit for many of the same qualities I detest in the Patriots, which is a bit ironic. Smugness, arrogance, superiority. I suppose it is their eagerness to press for tiny advantages that are either illegal or straddle the line of legality which rubs me the wrong way. And with this stupid ball deflate-gate, the punishment and public perception is just not worth the tiny advantage gained.

However, my picks were made long ago. Many were based on my ability to guile emotional dimwits into betting their hearts instead of brains. As Jesus once said, "The road to heaven is built upon the backs of the stupid." I plan on climbing that stairway all the way to heaven, or at the very least a few hundred extra dollars.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:52 pm

The Patriots are a pretty characterless team. Brady gets some press but otherwise they are mostly quiet and go about their business which is winning NFL games. The Seahawks, on the other hand, have some real characters who have taken over the nation by storm. The Crying QB is one of America's favorites and I'm sure that millions are rooting for him and his team against the Cheatriots. Then there's the running back Marshawn Lynch. Nickname is "Beast Mode" who a certain segment of the population that wallows in eternal infantism refer to as 'Bee Mo". Bee Mo is an awesome runner who can pile up the yards. However, he must be extremely shy and insecure because he will not talk to the press unless he is wearing a cover over his head and then his utterings are mostly single syllables that resemble simple words in the English language. He is not the only Lynch who will be making it big in sports, though. His sister Marshawna is the first string nose tackle of the WNFL's Sandusky Shrews. She has earned a nickname similar to her big brother's but hers was earned due to certain hygiene problems that cropped up in the Shrews' home lockerroom. They call her "Yeast Mode". As in "Gurl-fren, dat theeng gots dat STANK fo reel. Damn."
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:15 pm

The Wilson "Duke" ball, $99.95 retail, sucks, even deflated to 10psi.

The NFL should upgrade to either the Gilbert or the Steeden. What do you think, Kiwi?
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:02 am

trombettista_vecchio wrote:The Wilson "Duke" ball, $99.95 retail, sucks, even deflated to 10psi.

The NFL should upgrade to either the Gilbert or the Steeden.  What do you think, Kiwi?

Absolutely agree t_v! The Gilbert football is the standard bearer used by the World Champion All Blacks.

Then again the Wilson "Duo" is a great ball.

(what sport are we talking again?)
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:03 am

Love the new avatar Mongrel! Wink
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:57 am

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    trombettista_vecchio wrote:The Wilson "Duke" ball, $99.95 retail, sucks, even deflated to 10psi.

The NFL should upgrade to either the Gilbert or the Steeden.  What do you think, Kiwi?

Absolutely agree t_v! The Gilbert football is the standard bearer used by the World Champion All Blacks.

The company I used to work for sponsored the Cincinnati rugby team. We had our name on their jerseys and would buy a bunch of Gilbert balls for promotional swag at conferences. All the Aussies, Brits, Seth Effricans, and Kiwis would always harass us for balls when we were working a booth at a conference. Those things aren't cheap. I probably still have one in my office closet.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:28 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:

The company I used to work for sponsored the Cincinnati rugby team.  We had our name on their jerseys and would buy a bunch of Gilbert balls for promotional swag at conferences.  All the Aussies, Brits, Seth Effricans, and Kiwis would always harass us for balls when we were working a booth at a conference.  Those things aren't cheap.  I probably still have one in my office closet.  

After all these years of berating and belittling my rugby posts you finally reveal this rugby connection. Why have you kept this a secret? Is the Cincinnati team an amateur team?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:

Thank you so much. When I saw it yesterday on some UK news site, I knew I had to capture it and make it my own. For the time being, of course. I figured that OJ in the garb of his recently adopted "faith" had become old news.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Mongrel wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:

Thank you so much. When I saw it yesterday on some UK news site, I knew I had to capture it and make it my own. For the time being, of course. I figured that OJ in the garb of his recently adopted "faith" had become old news.

OJ? I thought it was President Obama!
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:10 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:

The company I used to work for sponsored the Cincinnati rugby team.  We had our name on their jerseys and would buy a bunch of Gilbert balls for promotional swag at conferences.  All the Aussies, Brits, Seth Effricans, and Kiwis would always harass us for balls when we were working a booth at a conference.  Those things aren't cheap.  I probably still have one in my office closet.  

After all these years of berating and belittling my rugby posts you finally reveal this rugby connection. Why have you kept this a secret?  Is the Cincinnati team an amateur team?
    Semi-pro? We don't have a proper pro circuit in the States as far as I know. I think the guys get paid, but it's just a little.
    I probably revealed this secret around the time of the tai chi thread. You have certainly missed a lot.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:46 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:

OJ? I thought it was President Obama!

Difference is that OJ waited until he was incarcerated to join that cult.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:51 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:

After all these years of berating and belittling my rugby posts you finally reveal this rugby connection. Why have you kept this a secret?  Is the Cincinnati team an amateur team?
    Semi-pro?  We don't have a proper pro circuit in the States as far as I know.  I think the guys get paid, but it's just a little.  
    I probably revealed this secret around the time of the tai chi thread.  You have certainly missed a lot.  

Just one of the precious gems clustered around the Thai Chi thread. I knew then only once in my life would I witness something like that. That was when naked photos of Caroline Wozniak were posted. As mind numbing as they were I don't think they would have broken the top 10 threads at that time.

Mongrel, what's the deal with OJ's religion?

Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:25 am

OJ reportedly converted to muslim in prison. I guess it was to make things easier on him.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:26 pm

Mongrel wrote:OJ reportedly converted to muslim in prison. I guess it was to make things easier on him.

Guessing converting makes his conscience feel better as he buggering young men.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:16 pm

jt1135 wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:OJ reportedly converted to muslim in prison. I guess it was to make things easier on him.

Guessing converting makes his conscience feel better as he buggering young men.

I'm guessing he's an Isis disciple given the beheadings.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Congratulations to the Patriots on winning SB #49. The best organization in the NFL. Period. Of course the whine will continue on the airwaves and on the internet about air pressure, video-taping, intentional confusing offensive moves etc. That's the way it is in life. The losers whine. Bwaaaaaa.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:06 am

Mongrel wrote:Congratulations to the Patriots on winning SB #49. The best organization in the NFL. Period. Of course the whine will continue on the airwaves and on the internet about air pressure, video-taping, intentional confusing offensive moves etc. That's the way it is in life. The losers whine. Bwaaaaaa.

I couldn't agree more.  The spying thing... everybody did that they picked om the Pats because of their success and because Bellichik isn't a politician. The ball inflation thing was pure jealous stupidity and a total non-issue.  The NFL has been cowed into doing whatever public opinion wants in order to just keep their ship sailing through heaven the way it does.

I became so turned off by the whiners and complainers over nothing I switched a couple of weeks ago and became a life long New England fan.  I'm so proud of my boys and our win.  Karma came in at the end and settled everything perfectly...shoving it right up the asses of the whiners and complainers with an immaculate gift followed by the worst mental choke by any coach in any sport ever. Deal with that you whiner faggots.

I'm 100% certain not one whiner ever succeeds at life, particularly sports whiners.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:Congratulations to the Patriots on winning SB #49. The best organization in the NFL. Period. Of course the whine will continue on the airwaves and on the internet about air pressure, video-taping, intentional confusing offensive moves etc. That's the way it is in life. The losers whine. Bwaaaaaa.

I couldn't agree more.  The spying thing... everybody did that they picked om the Pats because of their success and because Bellichik isn't a politician. The ball inflation thing was pure jealous stupidity and a total non-issue.  The NFL has been cowed into doing whatever public opinion wants in order to just keep their ship sailing through heaven the way it does.

I became so turned off by the whiners and complainers over nothing I switched a couple of weeks ago and became a life long New England fan.  I'm so proud of my boys and our win.  Karma came in at the end and settled everything perfectly...shoving it right up the asses of the whiners and complainers with an immaculate gift followed by the worst mental choke by any coach in any sport ever. Deal with that you whiner faggots.

I'm 100% certain not one whiner ever succeeds at life, particularly sports whiners.
    This is a level of bandwagoning I never thought possible. You were for the Seahawks until there were 18 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Your retroactive outrage against the Pats detractors is pretty rich. Do you also now side with the Pats on their historic shady dealings? It's a pretty long list. There are still some facts out there that cannot be disputed. Robert Craft is an asshole and Boston is full of blowhard d-bags.

As is documented in this thread, I picked the Patriots to win several weeks ago. That doesn't mean I'm happy about it.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:27 pm

How disappointing the the stoopid network cut out the now famous touchdown dance performed by the wide open Sea Monkey receiver who did his now-famous "Poop Ball" dance. Hope to see a white man's version on the final day on 18th green at this year's Masters.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:50 am