The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+4
FamousDavis
Horseballs
Homeslice
Golfaholic
8 posters

No one started a "What did you get for Christmas" thread?

Golfaholic

No one started a "What did you get for Christmas" thread? Empty No one started a "What did you get for Christmas" thread?

Post  Golfaholic Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Come on! This use to be tradition on GR. Everyone would post what Golf Goodies they got for Christmas.

I went on a little online Shopping Spree and justified it by "Christmas Presents to myself":

- 10 Dozen Nike JUICE for Practice
    - 5 Dozen Nike One Platinum
    - New Shag bag
    - New Pitching net (one of the nets you use as a target to chip into)
    - Tour Striker Pro 5 Iron - 40% off so I figured "What the hell"
    - 11X3 Foot putting mat that comes with foam inserts used to give the mat some break.

Anyone else?
    Homeslice
    Homeslice

No one started a "What did you get for Christmas" thread? Empty Re: No one started a "What did you get for Christmas" thread?

Post  Homeslice Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Golfaholic wrote:Come on! This use to be tradition on GR. Everyone would post what Golf Goodies they got for Christmas.

I went on a little online Shopping Spree and justified it by "Christmas Presents to myself":

- 10 Dozen Nike JUICE for Practice
    - 5 Dozen Nike One Platinum
    - New Shag bag
    - New Pitching net (one of the nets you use as a target to chip into)
    - Tour Striker Pro 5 Iron - 40% off so I figured "What the hell"
    - 11X3 Foot putting mat that comes with foam inserts used to give the mat some break.

Anyone else?
    Lol. Mom-slice outdid herself this year. A 12 pack of 30% flight balls, a "keep cool" golf towel and some ridiculous hacker anti-slice tees. I shit you not they are these orange plastic tees with a cup on the side, they look like little ice cream scoopers. I would post a pic, but I already took the trash out.
    Here's a link
    http://christmasgolfgift.com/product.php?c=home&a=B004G9QW76&t=detail&n=Intech-Anti-Slice-Golf-Tees
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

No one started a "What did you get for Christmas" thread? Empty Re: No one started a "What did you get for Christmas" thread?

Post  Horseballs Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:17 pm

My dad got me a carton of cigarettes and said "smoke up Johnny!"
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Horseballs wrote:My dad got me a carton of cigarettes and said "smoke up Johnny!"

What did he do when you spilled paint on the garage floor?
    FreakOfNature
    FreakOfNature

Post  FreakOfNature Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:24 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:My dad got me a carton of cigarettes and said "smoke up Johnny!"

Probably made him inhale all the vapors before they could get into the house. Your mess, you clean it up. I got that too.

We were the last generation who got to play outside without wearing helmets. It's no wonder we're effed up.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:31 am

* Set of Cobra SS Cavity Back Semi-Chopper sticks (4-GW) with graphite shafts

* Round trip airline tickets to West Palm and back in early February so I can play golf with the old boys

* 2013 Dues to my club

* A bit of money

Golf stuff I am still using from last Christmas:

* a clubhead brush with nylon bristles on one side and steel wire on the other with a clip on the handle for easy attachment to the metal bag strap ring. Best tool in/on the bag.
    Homeslice
    Homeslice

Post  Homeslice Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:52 am

FamousDavis wrote:

It was a banner fuckin' year at the Horseballs family.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Homeslice wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

Well, if your child smokes I guess a carton of cigs is a pretty nice gift. Expensive too. You ever pay attention to what a pack of cigs costs these days? About the same as three AAA Pro V1 ex-water balls.

Also, sometimes those cartons come with a free t-shirt or a lighter. That's two gifts in one. They'll certainly last longer than a box of See's candy.

I hate it when I pick out a See's candy and it's got rasberry or some other awful filling. I prefer the all chocolate ones.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:08 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Homeslice wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

Well, if your child smokes I guess a carton of cigs is a pretty nice gift. Expensive too. You ever pay attention to what a pack of cigs costs these days? About the same as three AAA Pro V1 ex-water balls.

Also, sometimes those cartons come with a free t-shirt or a lighter. That's two gifts in one. They'll certainly last longer than a box of See's candy.

I hate it when I pick out a See's candy and it's got rasberry or some other awful filling. I prefer the all chocolate ones.

Now you went and did it. His dad probably kept the lighter/shirt.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:25 am

I bought the family a Nintendo Wii. I have to say that it's pretty amazing. The last game console was the original Playstation which broke many years ago and left us with Super Nintendo System and playing Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario. We also have a couple of the Arcade Classics that have games like Joust, Galliga, Pacman and Defender...which I still think are pretty fun to play. Mario Kart Black is amazing.

The Let's Dance games are awesome even though I'm pretty bad at them. I still have yet to play Call of Duty Black Ops but I'm looking forward to it.

I received a $200 Home Depot gift card which should be empty by the end of this weekend. I need a simple air compressor to keep my tires filled, fill up sports balls and bikes and occassionaly use a nail gun.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:40 am

FamousDavis wrote:. I need a simple air compressor to keep my tires filled, fill up sports balls and bikes and occassionaly use a nail gun.

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-compressors/portable-air-compressor-2-horsepower-8-gallon-125-psi-68740.html

Not sure if you have Harbor Freight store in SD... I bought this 8-gal air compressor (I paid less than $100 w/coupon) and it has been running very well for the last 3 yrs...
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Pky6471 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:. I need a simple air compressor to keep my tires filled, fill up sports balls and bikes and occassionaly use a nail gun.

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-compressors/portable-air-compressor-2-horsepower-8-gallon-125-psi-68740.html

Not sure if you have Harbor Freight store in SD... I bought this 8-gal air compressor (I paid less than $100 w/coupon) and it has been running very well for the last 3 yrs...

I need one of those. Maybe to try blowing grips off instead of using my boxcutter. And then there's the vehicle tires. No matter what cars we have and how new or old the tires are and wha t brands and qualities of the tires, there is always one on each car that leaks so slowly that you can't find it. For the past two years its been the left rear tires on both our cars. The gas stations and some convenience stores used to offer free air but then went to the machines that cost a quarter, then fifty cents, then seventy five cents and for the past couple of months, a dollar. For three minute's of air. There is still on gas station that has a free compressor but it is eight miles away. The good news is its just a mile from the Golf Galaxy. Its a Hess station and has the cheapest cigarettes and good gas as well. I am headed there now for smokes and maybe a couple of PSI's of free air. This is fitting because I am one quarter Hesse on my father's side. I'm sure the "e" got dropped at the Immigration Station.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:59 am