The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+3
Poe4soul
Horseballs
FamousDavis
7 posters

Rory Rules

Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Rory Rules - Page 2 Empty Re: Rory Rules

Post  Kiwigolfer Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:11 am

Poe4soul wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:Ricki was in an extreme comfort zone playing with Phil. That can be a good thing and a bad. If Phil was off his game in that last round, perhaps Fowler could have won the thing. Or maybe he holds Phil up as an idol and subconscioiusly wanted Phil to win this one since he is old and may not have many more chances. So Ricki might do better when paired with another young gun. Personally, I think Phil has always had a lot of talent but frequently tends towards the freak show in his course management down the stretch. You live and die by the overswung driver and the circus trick Pelz wedge shots.

Your Pelz analogy is way off. He is a statistician. He would have phil play safe all day long. Phil is a magician with his wedges.

Phil's game is best when he takes chances.  He can get up and down from more places that most other pros.  So it makes sense for him to go for lower percentage shots than others would.  You are right though. If his driver is off, he's out of contention.  He also is a streaky putter.  When he's not putting well he adds many strokes to the card.

Ricki on the other hand, is a great putter.  He seems to miss nothing from inside 10 feet.  It's a simple, good looking putter stroke.  I've really been impressed on how well he's incorporated his new move.  He used to be a hitter of the ball.  His shoulders would stop turning and he would push the club through impact. Now he is turning through his shots.

I actually thought having phil as a partner was a plus for Ricki.  Especially since phil was playing well.  Rory was the one that got screwed.  He's partner self destructed. If I was Rory's coach, I'd make him practice with the slowest players imaginable.  Kevin Na, or Ben Crane slow.  That way he won't get his boxers in a bunch when he's in a log jam.  I thought he handled himself well but you could tell he was frustrated.

What has that got to do with the slow play? The slow play was in front of them holding their group up wasn't it?

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:59 am