The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+4
Lorenzzo
Horseballs
Mongrel
FamousDavis
8 posters

Tiger plays in Pro-Am despite back and neck pain

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Tiger plays in Pro-Am despite back and neck pain Empty Tiger plays in Pro-Am despite back and neck pain

Post  FamousDavis Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 am

Tiger went ahead and played in Wednesday's Pro-Am despite having back and neck pain due to a soft bed at the hotel. He only chipped and putted with his group of amaeteurs that were dying to see him play but I'm sure he gave them a lengthy explanation like "can't hit any shots today guys, neck is hurting. Just some putts".

You know, I too was a bit miffed at Tiger for what he did a few years back but now I"m his wingman again. The guy is all heart. I bet Mickelson wouldn't have played at all.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Tiger plays in Pro-Am despite back and neck pain Empty Re: Tiger plays in Pro-Am despite back and neck pain

Post  Mongrel Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:15 am

This is New York, baby. The Big Apple. The Big Time. Tiger's done a whole lot of scoring here. "In the hole!"
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Tiger plays in Pro-Am despite back and neck pain Empty Re: Tiger plays in Pro-Am despite back and neck pain

Post  Horseballs Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Why does Tiger even have to play in pro ams? Seems like only the Jeff Overtons of the world should have to yuck it up with corporate wankers during tournament week.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:40 pm

I get it. He hasn't won a major in like forever, choked his way through the four of them this year despite having a good game that won other tournaments and he's ashamed to show his face. He's only human, it's understandable.
    Beaides, who in the hell does the tour think they are telling Tiger what to do? Maybe his friend Alex Rodriguez needs his help right now.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:40 pm

I get it. He hasn't won a major in like forever, choked his way through the four of them this year despite having a good game that won other tournaments and he's ashamed to show his face. He's only human, it's understandable.

Beaides, who in the hell does the tour think they are telling Tiger what to do? Maybe his friend Alex Rodriguez needs his help right now.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:42 pm

Horseballs wrote:Why does Tiger even have to play in pro ams?  Seems like only the Jeff Overtons of the world should have to yuck it up with corporate wankers during tournament week.  
    I remember seeing some golf show where they went around with John Daly during one of his pro ams. It was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. A bunch of guys in their late 40's and 50's trying to get John's attention and act all buddy-buddy with him. They would laugh at every single thing he did.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:15 pm

John's main problem has been that all those rubes got his attention and he has made a career of playing to them instead of playing tournament-level golf.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:37 pm

Horseballs wrote:Why does Tiger even have to play in pro ams? Seems like only the Jeff Overtons of the world should have to yuck it up with corporate wankers during tournament week.
    I know its a pga tour condition of entry to play pro ams, but I totally agree that Tiger shouldnt have to play them. I know all the corporate guys who shell out millions to sponsor events expect a return, but in Tigers case surely he doesnt need to play a 5 hour round with choppers to provide value for sponsors. I bet if he invited the big wigs to one of his private parties during tournament week you would get very happy sponsors, and tiger could party even harder with his sponsors if he didnt have to get out of bed to play a pro am. He could put on a real freak show.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Tiger is such a drama queen. Thank god the whole tour doesn't act like soccer players.
    Seriously, can you even imagine playing with someone who acts like Tiger acted after hitting bad shots? Going to all fours?
    I can remember him hitting sand shots into the wind and acting like Tyson jacked him in the face.
    That 2008 US Open was way overhyped. Broken leg? Not quite.
    This week was the worst. Soft bed? Even FD can't rationalize this display of wussiness.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Horseballs wrote:Tiger is such a drama queen.  Thank god the whole tour doesn't act like soccer players.  
    Seriously, can you even imagine playing with someone who acts like Tiger acted after hitting bad shots?  Going to all fours?  
    I can remember him hitting sand shots into the wind and acting like Tyson jacked him in the face.  
    That 2008 US Open was way overhyped.  Broken leg?  Not quite.
    This week was the worst.  Soft bed?  Even FD can't rationalize this display of wussiness.  
    Years of PED's will do this to you. In fact, the last time he won a major was before PGA's PED ban. In the past he would have been fine with a soft bed and a waitress from the Waffle House as long as he could juice up.  Now, post PED's, he's a wreck.

I do think it's all a show.  From his kid giving him a hug on the 18th green to having a bad elbow, it's just publicity.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:38 pm

I'm getting tired of Tiger. When he was in his prime, I got tired of the excess coverage and adulation. Then when he dropped off the map for awhile, I missed him and hoped he'd come back. Well now he's back and I'm tired of him already. Twelve more years 'til the senior tour. Where the majors don't count against Jack. Breaking the PGA wins total, though, will be mightily impressive.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Yeah, total drama queen.  Remember the times he wasn't doing well and withdrew "due to injury."  Going to all fours is an estrogen move.   But the part that is really unbecoming is his verbal commentary when he hits a bad shot.  His voice turns all feminine and has this why don't I ever get any luck whiny tone.  Whining should have no place in a real man's repertoire.   Man up Eldrick or put on a skirt.

I've been saying for a long time he needs a good b.itch slapping.  If I ran the tour, any time a pro whined during a round, his playing partners would have to b.itch slap him.  Four or five solid b.itch slaps and it would stop.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:15 am

Mongrel wrote:I'm getting tired of Tiger. When he was in his prime, I got tired of the excess coverage and adulation. Then when he dropped off the map for awhile, I missed him and hoped he'd come back. Well now he's back and I'm tired of him already. Twelve more years 'til the senior tour. Where the majors don't count against Jack. Breaking the PGA wins total, though, will be mightily impressive.
    I'm the same way. I honestly don't think he's done with majors. He'll have another couple where he jumps out to a lead that cannot be choked away. I don't think 19 is very likely though.

And Zo, I think you're right about Tiger needing a good ass kicking. He's probably always needed one.

If I had a gun to my head, I would say that Tiger was using PEDs. He's too much of a narcissist to discount the possibility.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:24 am

And on the other hand, I have a lot of empathy for Tiger since I also suffer from periodic lower back pain. The kind that can hit without warning when reaching down to tie a shoe or bending to stick a tee in the ground on the first hole. I thought I had worked it out since it first hit me almost 50 years ago and had no real problems with it for over 20 years (ironically since I stopped using alcohol) but it flaired up on the golf course several months ago in the first round of our club's season-long match play. On the second hole, a medium par 4, I hit my mid iron approach and the damn back twinged. i knelt on the ground just like Tiger did Sunday. It was not an act. The fucker hurt like shit and I was momentarily paralysed. However, I gutted it out and ended up beating the guy 2 & 1. Of course I lost the next match two weeks later when I felt great and figured I would tune that chopper up by the 12th hole. Ha.

Now I will say that perhaps Tiger's ill fortune with his lower back may not have been avoidable at all. Consider who his new caddie is. And that caddy's history on the bag of the worst lower back in the history of professional golf. Stevie knows what's goin' on.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:38 am

Mongrel, you're what, in your 60-s and play golf. You also served in Viet Nam and manage to live in that god forsaken place called the DC metro without complaining about it, at least here. If you snap your back and go down on all fours, you get a pass.

With Eldrick, the cumulative whining and dramatizing over the years combined with his worst offense (Stevie abuse) doesn't get him one. Ever since I saw him blow his nose on Stevie's towel during a pre-round range session at Riviera as though it was his god given right, I've had him zeroed. Really Tiger, thanks for the snot, you're the best.

By the way, Stevie, great round and win on Sunday. Now that you're not stuck with Tiger you're able to come from behind. You don't see Stevie go down on all fours and he's carrying a staff bag. No, Stevie just keeps his mouth shut and wins.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm in the Baltimore Metro area, not DC. Close in proximity but worlds apart. I used to do a lot of real estate work in DC Metro and NoVA. Now I haven't been in the District or even Montgomery County for probably five years. We're low rent but more laid back.

As for the snot on the towell, I would hope that it was the same towell that Stevie used to wipe the grips down with. And Stevie probably pissed in those water bottles he carried for his Massa. Told him that the unusual taste was due to the vitamins in the water. Technically correct, though. However, for the ten or so percent Stevie was paid, a lot have done a lot worse to earn a hell of a lot of money.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:50 pm

Mongrel wrote:I'm in the Baltimore Metro area, not DC. Close in proximity but worlds apart. I used to do a lot of real estate work in DC Metro and NoVA. Now I haven't been in the District or even Montgomery County for probably five years. We're low rent but more laid back.

As for the snot on the towell, I would hope that it was the same towell that Stevie used to wipe the grips down with. And Stevie probably pissed in those water bottles he carried for his Massa. Told him that the unusual taste was due to the vitamins in the water. Technically correct, though. However, for the ten or so percent Stevie was paid, a lot have done a lot worse to earn a hell of a lot of money.
    Like Tiger paid Stevie 10%. Plenty of reasons not the least of which is his attitude towards waiters and bartenders for which he's more famous in OC than for the golf. I"d sooner believe he paid Stevie with his own fesces as I already know he was paid in snot.

Yeah, I was pimping on the DC thing. What a god awful mess that place is. I can't stand every minute I'm there, except maybe when inside the Smithsonian. When I step back outside I magically shift into hating where I am. Baltimore is very cool, really liked being at the waterfront and just a good vibe. Do you pull for the Orioles? They're about to get crushed by the Sox.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:I'm in the Baltimore Metro area, not DC. Close in proximity but worlds apart. I used to do a lot of real estate work in DC Metro and NoVA. Now I haven't been in the District or even Montgomery County for probably five years. We're low rent but more laid back.

Like Tiger paid Stevie 10%.  Plenty of reasons not the least of which is his attitude towards waiters and bartenders for which he's more famous in OC than for the golf.  I"d sooner believe he paid Stevie with his own fesces as I already know he was paid in snot.  

Yeah, I was pimping on the DC thing.  What a god awful mess that place is.  I can't stand every minute I'm there, except maybe when inside the Smithsonian.  When I step back outside I magically shift into hating where I am.  Baltimore is very cool, really liked being at the waterfront and just a good vibe.  Do you pull for the Orioles?  They're about to get crushed by the Sox.
    I haven't spend a ton of time in DC, but my younger brother lived in Arlington for several years and that seemed like a decent place. Georgetown was also pretty nice.
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm a little sad for tiger, and that he doesn't break Jacks record. He's the greatest golfer in our lifetimes.
    He's had 5 years to get back on track, and he's starting to make me sick.
    His real motivation should be winning at his level, and fuck the rest I have enough money.
    Lindsey may be putting it on him, throwing his back out, soft mattresses will do it.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:

Like Tiger paid Stevie 10%.  Plenty of reasons not the least of which is his attitude towards waiters and bartenders for which he's more famous in OC than for the golf.  I"d sooner believe he paid Stevie with his own fesces as I already know he was paid in snot.  

Yeah, I was pimping on the DC thing.  What a god awful mess that place is.  I can't stand every minute I'm there, except maybe when inside the Smithsonian.  When I step back outside I magically shift into hating where I am.  Baltimore is very cool, really liked being at the waterfront and just a good vibe.  Do you pull for the Orioles?  They're about to get crushed by the Sox.
    I haven't spend a ton of time in DC, but my younger brother lived in Arlington for several years and that seemed like a decent place.  Georgetown was also pretty nice.  
    It's government. Yeah, there are other things going on but it feels like the Kremlin to me. I've had fun in Georgetown but overall when I'm there I'm bored and there's not many places I can say that about. I'll hold my breath and go into DC for bus. when I must but god that place is a welfare state. Maybe the surrounding areas are more compelling than I think because I'm so turned off being near DC.

Now that I'm in Utah I'm wondering when the insurrection will come as I'm so done paying for that s.hit.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:

I haven't spend a ton of time in DC, but my younger brother lived in Arlington for several years and that seemed like a decent place.  Georgetown was also pretty nice.  
    It's government.  Yeah, there are other things going on but it feels like the Kremlin to me.  I've had fun in Georgetown but overall when I'm there I'm bored and there's not many places I can say that about.  I'll hold my breath and go into DC for bus. when I must but god that place is a welfare state.  Maybe the surrounding areas are more compelling than I think because I'm so turned off being near DC.

Now that I'm in Utah I'm wondering when the insurrection will come as I'm so done paying for that s.hit.
    Utah has it's fair share of conspiracy theorists and paranoid preppers. I've noticed that the prevalent lunatic fringe of a region tends to make its way into the consciousness of all residents.

Take Kentucky. Not everyone is a moonshine drinking, gun toting, sister fucking hilljack. But even the successful and educated people have multiple guns and probably bang a cousin or two when people aren't looking.

I'm not saying you will adopt the Utah mentality, I'm just warning you that it could happen if you aren't careful.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:52 pm

DC and NoVa were cool in the '60's and early '70's. The female to male ratio for young people was around 10 to 1 so any guy exceeding horned toad standards could have all the decent to choice p#ssy he could handle. Now that the homos have taken over, I guess things have equalized.

I do not root for the Orioles or any other baseball team although I will pull for the Yankees since my wife's folks are from NYC. I grew up a Phillies fan. I liked the Dodgers. Baseball has bored me for some years and I can't watch more than one or two batters before I switch to the Golf Channel or Duck Dynasty or Storage Wars or Pawn Stars or American Pickers or Counting Cars or the Military Channel. For me, the primo sport is NFL. Just 16 games. Concentrated mayhem. And I don't root for the Ravens either. Eagles, baby. But acknowledge that, like the Yankees are the creme de la creme of MLB franchises, the Patriots are the football equivalent. And I don't even like the owner, his politics, or that stupid striped dress shirt with the off-setting white collar that every freakin' swingin' dick businessman and lawyer from Boston seems to have nothing but in his closet. Man.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:09 pm

You guys are all a bunch of morons.

Have none of you ever slept on a mattress that was too soft, only to wake up the next morning and barely be able to get out of bed? I'm amazed at Tigers perseverance and ability to ignore pain. He's definitely one of the toughest individuals in sport today.

You could tell he wasn't faking after hitting the 5 wood into the water. One of the worst things you can do in golf (when you have back pain) is to come over the top and hit the ball out on the toe. It tweaks your back something awful. What's impressive is that he really gave a go at it. His back simply didn't hold up to the task at hand and the ball duck hooked on him. Not his fault at all.

Trust me. I've played golf with a bad lower back and it's painful when you hit a shot like he did. I too once went down. It took me 3 minutes to get back up. Tiger took less than 10 seconds.

Poe always thinks there's some big controversy with everything. There's no proof of Tiger doing PEDS. He never looked like he took roids.

Lower back pain is something 90% of all humans face at some point in their lives. We should thank Tiger for continuing to play. Shoot, Rory and Phil WD tournaments when they have a headache.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:21 pm

FamousDavis wrote:You guys are all a bunch of morons.  

Have none of you ever slept on a mattress that was too soft, only to wake up the next morning and barely be able to get out of bed?  I'm amazed at Tigers perseverance and ability to ignore pain.  He's definitely one of the toughest individuals in sport today.  

You could tell he wasn't faking after hitting the 5 wood into the water.   One of the worst things you can do in golf (when you have back pain) is to come over the top and hit the ball out on the toe.  It tweaks your back something awful.   What's impressive is that he really gave a go at it.   His back simply didn't hold up to the task at hand and the ball duck hooked on him.  Not his fault at all.  

Trust me.  I've played golf with a bad lower back and it's painful when you hit a shot like he did.  I too once went down.  It took me 3 minutes to get back up.  Tiger took less than 10 seconds.  

Poe always thinks there's some big controversy with everything.   There's no proof of Tiger doing PEDS.   He never looked like he took roids.  

Lower back pain is something 90% of all humans face at some point in their lives.   We should thank Tiger for continuing to play.  Shoot, Rory and Phil WD tournaments when they have a headache.  
    When pros puss out and withdraw, I prefer the honesty of a Phil Mickelson when he just admits that he didn't feel like finishing. What I don't like is someone like Rory who blames a toothache, or Tiger who spends several days setting up a lame excuse like a torn ACL or bad back.
    I guess I couldn't imagine standing up in front of a ton of cameras and blaming my early exit from a pro am on a soft mattress. I don't think I could keep a straight face, but I'm not a very good liar. It's one of my faults. That and being too good looking.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:21 pm

FamousDavis wrote:You guys are all a bunch of morons.  

Have none of you ever slept on a mattress that was too soft, only to wake up the next morning and barely be able to get out of bed?  I'm amazed at Tigers perseverance and ability to ignore pain.  He's definitely one of the toughest individuals in sport today.  

You could tell he wasn't faking after hitting the 5 wood into the water.   One of the worst things you can do in golf (when you have back pain) is to come over the top and hit the ball out on the toe.  It tweaks your back something awful.   What's impressive is that he really gave a go at it.   His back simply didn't hold up to the task at hand and the ball duck hooked on him.  Not his fault at all.  

Trust me.  I've played golf with a bad lower back and it's painful when you hit a shot like he did.  I too once went down.  It took me 3 minutes to get back up.  Tiger took less than 10 seconds.  

Poe always thinks there's some big controversy with everything.   There's no proof of Tiger doing PEDS.   He never looked like he took roids.  

Lower back pain is something 90% of all humans face at some point in their lives.   We should thank Tiger for continuing to play.  Shoot, Rory and Phil WD tournaments when they have a headache.  
    My recent lower back problem was probably due to sleeping on a soft mattress in our guest bedroom. Had to get up very early and the wife deserved to sleep in. At least I won my match. Maybe Tiger didn't take drugs but he sure as hell bulked up from that scrawny little Stephen Fetchit look-alike scarecrow who won the US Amateur to looking like a beefy NFL WR. Sure you can do it with food supplements, extreme diet, lots of bottles of stuff from GNC, and exercise. What I read years ago made the most sense to me regarding his golf swing abilities-- martial arts training. There's nothing better than fast punch karate katas and sparring to give those fast-twitch muscles hyper speed ability.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:51 pm