The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

I don't think Tiger is done

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

I don't think Tiger is done Empty I don't think Tiger is done

Post  FamousDavis Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:52 pm

If it were any other player I would say yes. However, this guy is different. People were saying the exact same thing 3 years ago and he went ahead and won 5 tournaments, leading money leader, etc. Tiger does seem to have something about him that is unique amongst his peers. He is completely self-driven and has a tremendous drive to prove people wrong and overcome obstacles.

I think we are all going to be surprised in regard to his play over the next 3 years.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

I don't think Tiger is done Empty Re: I don't think Tiger is done

Post  Mongrel Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:26 am

I see Tiger's performances in the near future as repeats of what we've seen recently. Enter the event. First round go a couple over par on the front nine due to drives putting the ball out of position. Hit loose approaches. Muff pitches and chips. Miss putts. Early on the back nine, hit a loose drive and drop the club and grab the (choose one) knee, lower back, elbow etc. Groan and limp for two more holes and then shake hands with his playing partners and stumble to the awaiting cart and head back to the house. Rinse and repeat until he takes at least a year off to try to heal the body made brittle by the steroids he took to dominate at the highest level. The oven buzzer went off awhile ago. Its done.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:05 pm

Mongrel wrote:I see Tiger's performances in the near future as repeats of what we've seen recently. Enter the event. First round go a couple over par on the front nine due to drives putting the ball out of position. Hit loose approaches. Muff pitches and chips. Miss putts. Early on the back nine, hit a loose drive and drop the club and grab the (choose one) knee, lower back, elbow etc. Groan and limp for two more holes and then shake hands with his playing partners and stumble to the awaiting cart and head back to the house. Rinse and repeat until he takes at least a year off to try to heal the body made brittle by the steroids he took to dominate at the highest level. The oven buzzer went off awhile ago. Its done.

Yeah… The door's hit him in the ass three or four times already. The guy's mentally weak too.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:21 am

After work yesterday afternoon, I watched the Golf Channel coverage of the L.A. Open at Riviera. Of course the event is called something or other named after its latest numb-nuts corporate sponsor. I love this golf course although I never played it or saw it in person. I did go to a friend's wedding at his bride's parents' home in the development surrounding it around the summer of 1970 or so. It was such a beautiful location and the Tudor Castle-style dwelling must have been worth seven figures even then. What made it so splendid is that the bride and groom and I (and maybe more) were tripping on heavy acid, allowing me to appreciate the setting down to its molecular level.

Anyway, the list of past winners of this tournament is quite impressive. And Tiger Woods is not on that list. Tells me what I need to know.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:03 am

Mongrel wrote:After work yesterday afternoon, I watched the Golf Channel coverage of the L.A. Open at Riviera. Of course the event is called something or other named after its latest numb-nuts corporate sponsor. I love this golf course although I never played it or saw it in person. I did go to a friend's wedding at his bride's parents' home in the development surrounding it around the summer of 1970 or so. It was such a beautiful location and the Tudor Castle-style dwelling must have been worth seven figures even then. What made it so splendid is that the bride and groom and I (and maybe more) were tripping on heavy acid, allowing me to appreciate the setting down to its molecular level.

Anyway, the list of past winners of this tournament is quite impressive. And Tiger Woods is not on that list. Tells me what I need to know.

Played Riv a number of times and it is no doubt a tremendous venue. During my first round there sunk a 90 footer for birdie on the long par three that is a bear, number three I think after my host explained on the T no one makes par there the first time. After I sunk the putt I turned to him and said you're right. 100 tries I couldn't have made the putt again.

I believe I Explained why I Eldric hasn't won in the second part of my prior post.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:46 am

To my knowledge, Eldrick has never played this tournament. Must have been some insult to the Woods family when Tiger was still a cub. Like maybe one of the members mistook Earl for a bag boy and asked him to take his bag to the first tee as he popped the trunk release.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:57 pm

Mongrel wrote:To my knowledge, Eldrick has never played this tournament. Must have been some insult to the Woods family when Tiger was still a cub. Like maybe one of the members mistook Earl for a bag boy and asked him to take his bag to the first tee as he popped the trunk release.

He's actually played it at least twice, I used to go annually and saw him. He also played it as an amateur. It was fun when he did because it brought out Los Angelenos who valued star power but knew nothing about golf. It was like being at a Laker game.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:42 pm

IMO TW has the talent ... but only him who has the will power to turn it around. Nicklaus said "TWs' trouble is between his ears and his legs" bounce
    pingman360
    pingman360

Post  pingman360 Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:30 pm

All I will say is PED's will wreck havoc on the body and mind once you stop taking them....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:43 am