The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+2
Horseballs
Poe4soul
6 posters

Tiger Woods: Back Surgery & Predicting End Golf Career

Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Tiger Woods: Back Surgery & Predicting End Golf Career  Empty Tiger Woods: Back Surgery & Predicting End Golf Career

Post  Poe4soul Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:55 am

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/2014/04/01/70599322/tiger-unable-to-play-in-the-masters-after-successful-microdiscectomy/

This could be the beginning of the end. Not many golfers can recover from back surgery.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Tiger Woods: Back Surgery & Predicting End Golf Career  Empty Re: Tiger Woods: Back Surgery & Predicting End Golf Career

Post  Horseballs Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:15 pm

The timeline of Tiger's physical decline mirrors the timeline of when Dr. Galea got busted. IMO, he is the next Lance Armstrong. I have a very hard time believing he wasn't using PED's under Galea's tutelage.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Tiger Woods: Back Surgery & Predicting End Golf Career  Empty Re: Tiger Woods: Back Surgery & Predicting End Golf Career

Post  Poe4soul Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Horseballs wrote:The timeline of Tiger's physical decline mirrors the timeline of when Dr. Galea got busted.  IMO, he is the next Lance Armstrong.  I have a very hard time believing he wasn't using PED's under Galea's tutelage.  
    Not to mention the PGA ban and testing.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:20 pm

I've often wandered what his record would be if he had allowed nature, good diet and prudent exercise to mature his body from what it was when he won the amateur events whilst a gawky teenager with those funky shorts and that goofy straw hat. Maybe the golf courses would be a bit shorter and the balls not so hot. Maybe he would still be playing Titleist.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:32 pm

Tiger had basically a laminectomy.  They cut a small part of the vertabrae away (the lamina) and sucked out the disc fluid that was pressing on the nerve.
    It's almost an out paitent proceedure. I had it done a few years ago and was back on the mountain bike in 2 months.
    No biggie.....but the media will blow it out of proportion. Just like the missing 777.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:38 pm

jmtbkr wrote:Tiger had basically a laminectomy.  They cut a small part of the vertabrae away (the lamina) and sucked out the disc fluid that was pressing on the nerve.
    It's almost an out paitent proceedure. I had it done a few years ago and was back on the mountain bike in 2 months.
    No biggie.....but the media will blow it out of proportion. Just like the missing 777.

How old were you and what was the cause? I'm guessing you were older than 38.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:55 pm

This is really a shame. The Masters without Tiger just isn't the same golf tournament. He almost always finishes in the top 10 at this event and many times in the top 5. It's seems like he's always in it.

I think it would be a great idea for CBS to use old footage of Tiger and make it look like he's playing in this year's tournament. They could say he recovered quickly and they could simply put together an entire round for him by using old footage. They couldn't show his playing partners but they never do that anyway. They could include an every 30 minute disclaimer that's unreadable at the bottom of the TV stating that the footage of Tiger is from previous year's tournaments.

This would keep the tournament interesting.

On the 13th hole of the final day they could say he hurt his back and left through the azaleas and through a members back yard. Nobody can see back there anyway.

For years to come there would be conspiracy theories and people who went to the event who swear they saw him play. Others would say he was never there.

Those in power would deny any knowledge and would not comment.

This could work.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Don't worry FD. I'm quite positive that Tiger will be mentioned more times than any player actually in the event. Also, every player will be asked about Tiger every time he's interviewed. You'll still get your Tiger fix.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Poe4soul wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:Tiger had basically a laminectomy.  They cut a small part of the vertabrae away (the lamina) and sucked out the disc fluid that was pressing on the nerve.

How old were you and what was the cause? I'm guessing you were older than 38.

I had surgery at 57yrs old. I blew out 3 discs from 50+ years of sports related injuries. At 22, I broke my back motorcrossing. At 45 I broke it again mountainbiking. I am approx. half inch shorter than I used to be.
    The doctors told me that the blown disc thing was probably genetic, that I was pre-disposed to having my lower discs rupture.
    I had the totally numb quadricept - you could have put a fork in it and I wouldn't have felt it. And pain 24/7. Every breath you felt pain. But the Oxy's and Soma's were great!!!
    I basically woke up and jumped off the recovery bed. Like the switch was turned off for pain.

Amazing what they can do these days!
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Horseballs wrote:Don't worry FD.  I'm quite positive that Tiger will be mentioned more times than any player actually in the event.  Also, every player will be asked about Tiger every time he's interviewed.  You'll still get your Tiger fix.  

The Ghost of Frank Chirkanian has wired up a kill switch on Jim Nantz' mic that it can activate in the Control Van. Even the dead know when too much is too much.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:19 pm

That's what happened when TW fukkkkkked too much. He pumped too hard and it's not surprising that he damaged his back. I am afraid his "major" record is OVER
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:44 am

Rather than watching this year's Masters I'm going to watch the '97 Masters all over again.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:30 am

FamousDavis wrote:Rather than watching this year's Masters I'm going to watch the '97 Masters all over again.  

I see, another FD/TW fapathon. Knock yourself out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:32 am