The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+20
jmtbkr
Kiwigolfer
FreakOfNature
Horseballs
FamousDavis
rooteen
The Ghost of FD
BBQpig
Hubijerk
The Doctor
corythepagan
Lorenzzo
Big Dave
Poe4soul
SoonerBS
californiataxes
Player
12pierogi
Fluffy
Lord Helmet
24 posters

On The Course - Round Report

Fluffy
    Fluffy

On The Course - Round Report - Page 6 Empty Re: On The Course - Round Report

Post  Fluffy Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:11 am

Mongrel wrote:I'd say that hitting 13 of 14 fairways and averaging 240 with a 3 wood beats that any day.

Agreed!But i would like those to be non-mudballs....
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:55 am

240 off the tee is what for you? Five, four iron, maybe?
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Mongrel wrote:240 off the tee is what for you? Five, four iron, maybe?
    Full 3iron....
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:43 pm

Fluffy wrote:Played 9holes last night....Heres my first online vid of my longest drive of the evening

2nd one:)

Where is that golf course located? I've only played one course with lights and it was Tiger Wood's old stomping grounds in Lakewood, CA....a little 3 par place. The one you are playing looks like it actually has some decent holes. Is the whole course lighted?

On the camo shorts and follow-through/walk forward movement, it's either hilarious or embarassing. Hilarious if you are making fun of someone who actually swings and does that after hitting the ball. Embarassing if that's actually the way you play.

Either way your swing looks pretty good for a guy in camo shorts.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Been averaging about 6 rounds a week for the last month and have been in the low 80's very consistently and then I noticed my left elbow started getting sore and sure as shit, golfer's elbow. DAMN!!!!
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:31 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    Fluffy wrote:Played 9holes last night....Heres my first online vid of my longest drive of the evening

Where is that golf course located?  I've only played one course with lights and it was Tiger Wood's old stomping grounds in Lakewood, CA....a little 3 par place.  The one you are playing looks like it actually has some decent holes.  Is the whole course lighted?  

On the camo shorts and follow-through/walk forward movement, it's either hilarious or embarassing.   Hilarious if you are making fun of someone who actually swings and does that after hitting the ball.   Embarassing if that's actually the way you play.  

The whole back nine full length course....is lit. Close to Dubai...the first hole on the back nine is 680y long.the 18th is 580y long.

As for the camo I was actually on my way to the range an decided to rather play a few holes.

Obviously there is drives an in only on i walkthrough the ball.was trying to rip a lower ballflgiht 30y draw for some distance...on the 2nd one i was looking for accuracy...

I am forced to look like a bumm when in shorts as i am 270pds & 6'6"...struggle to get something that doesn't squeeze my nuts to tight
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:33 am

Fluffy wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

Where is that golf course located?  I've only played one course with lights and it was Tiger Wood's old stomping grounds in Lakewood, CA....a little 3 par place.  The one you are playing looks like it actually has some decent holes.  Is the whole course lighted?  

On the camo shorts and follow-through/walk forward movement, it's either hilarious or embarassing.   Hilarious if you are making fun of someone who actually swings and does that after hitting the ball.   Embarassing if that's actually the way you play.  

The whole back nine full length course....is lit. Close to Dubai...the first hole on the back nine is 680y long.the 18th is 580y long.

As for the camo I was actually on my way to the range an decided to rather play a few holes.

Obviously there is drives an in only on i walkthrough the ball.was trying to rip a lower ballflgiht 30y draw for some distance...on the 2nd one i was looking for accuracy...

I am forced to look like a bumm when in shorts as i am 270pds & 6'6"...struggle to get something that doesn't squeeze my nuts to tight

ps watch this in fullscreen to see the ballflight...also notice the ball sound in flight....thats how much spin is on the ball ...
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:14 pm

jt1135 wrote:Been averaging about 6 rounds a week for the last month and have been in the low 80's very consistently and then I noticed my left elbow started getting sore and sure as shit, golfer's elbow.  DAMN!!!!

This one gives me excellent support when I play golf
    http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Band-Sports-ABI00-Therapeutic/dp/B000FML7SW/ref=sr_1_1/180-9540704-9748751?ie=UTF8&qid=1373645442&sr=8-1&keywords=golfer+elbow+brace

I also wear similar to this at the driving range
    http://www.amazon.com/CHAMPION-Neoprene-Tennis-Elbow-Pressure/dp/B000Q3CKZ4/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1373645555&sr=8-21&keywords=golfer+elbow+brace
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Fluffy wrote:
    Fluffy wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

ps watch this in fullscreen to see the ballflight...also notice the ball sound in flight....thats how much spin is on the ball ...

it's cool to play at night....
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:27 pm

jt1135 wrote:Been averaging about 6 rounds a week for the last month and have been in the low 80's very consistently and then I noticed my left elbow started getting sore and sure as shit, golfer's elbow.  DAMN!!!!

That's why they make graphite shafts for irons and soft grips like the Winn Dri-Tac's.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Horseballs wrote:I've got the Club Championship this weekend.  36 hole quali, top 8 get to match play which concludes next weekend.  There are only 3 guys that can consistently beat me in match play.  At least on paper.  One is the 16 year old son of a member who is shooting under par every round.  
    I'm pretty sure I'll make the matchplay, but you never know.  It's amazing how high some of the qualifying scores are every year.  Last year, I shot 78/77 and was a 4 seed.  A couple years ago, I choked an 82 and came back with a 77 and still qualified.  I'm guessing people are picking up a lot of 3 footers in casual rounds.  

I think that is complete BS that you have to play against some 16 year old phenom who probably plays golf 7x a week and plays competitively on a golf team. Club Championships should be relegated to members only and not sons of members who play on competitive teams. How on earth can a guy who plays a couple of times per week compete with some young kid who plays ever day and on a team? To me that's worse than the club pro playing in it or some guy who's on a mini tour playing in the event.

The coolest thing I ever saw was when I was a member at a club in Chico, CA. One of the members there was a guy named Jim Wilson who was actually on the PGA Tour for a couple of years. He never won anything so he had to wait two years to get his amateur status back. He was a +3 handicap when I was there.

Anyway, so finally he gets his amateur status back. In the final 36 hole match play round his opponent is a guy who is a 3 handicap and is 64 years old. The 64 year old beat him on the 38th hole. It was the most amazing match I'd ever seen. The 64 year old guy, named Bob, was rolling in putts all day long. On the last hole he sunk a 20 footer to win.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:08 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:I've got the Club Championship this weekend.  36 hole quali, top 8 get to match play which concludes next weekend.  There are only 3 guys that can consistently beat me in match play.  At least on paper.  One is the 16 year old son of a member who is shooting under par every round.  
    I'm pretty sure I'll make the matchplay, but you never know.  It's amazing how high some of the qualifying scores are every year.  Last year, I shot 78/77 and was a 4 seed.  A couple years ago, I choked an 82 and came back with a 77 and still qualified.  I'm guessing people are picking up a lot of 3 footers in casual rounds.  

I think that is complete BS that you have to play against some 16 year old phenom who probably plays golf 7x a week and plays competitively on a golf team.   Club Championships should be relegated to members only and not sons of members who play on competitive teams.   How on earth can a guy who plays a couple of times per week compete with some young kid who plays ever day and on a team?  To me that's worse than the club pro playing in it or some guy who's on a mini tour playing in the event.  

The coolest thing I ever saw was when I was a member at a club in Chico, CA.   One of the members there was a guy named Jim Wilson who was actually on the PGA Tour for a couple of years.  He never won anything so he had to wait two years to get his amateur status back.  He was a +3 handicap when I was there.  

Anyway, so finally he gets his amateur status back.   In the final 36 hole match play round his opponent is a guy who is a 3 handicap and is 64 years old.   The 64 year old beat him on the 38th hole.  It was the most amazing match I'd ever seen.  The 64 year old guy, named Bob, was rolling in putts all day long.  On the last hole he sunk a 20 footer to win.  

Agreed.in our club champs here was also 2 guys that just got their pro status....They were also allowed to play....in the end another guy with a 1 handicap took the trophy ....made me happy
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Pky6471 wrote:

This one gives me excellent support when I play golf
    http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Band-Sports-ABI00-Therapeutic/dp/B000FML7SW/ref=sr_1_1/180-9540704-9748751?ie=UTF8&qid=1373645442&sr=8-1&keywords=golfer+elbow+brace

I also wear similar to this at the driving range
    http://www.amazon.com/CHAMPION-Neoprene-Tennis-Elbow-Pressure/dp/B000Q3CKZ4/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1373645555&sr=8-21&keywords=golfer+elbow+brace

Thanks for the tip. Had tennis elbow before so had the forearm wrap, grabbed some nexproxum and ice. Giving it a rest till league play next Tuesday.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Mongrel wrote:

That's why they make graphite shafts for irons and soft grips like the Winn Dri-Tac's.

This winter's search is for a graphite shafted iron set. Preferably Mizzy or Srixon. Have to give some thought about the wedges.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:11 am

jt1135 wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:

This winter's search is for a graphite shafted iron set.  Preferably Mizzy or Srixon.  Have to give some thought about the wedges.

The only graphite-shafted iron set I liked was the Titleist 762 irons with stock Graphite Design G.A.T. Stiff shafts. I never should have sold that set. They came very close to feeling like steel but with less vibration. Performance was right up there with any steel shaft I've tried.
    Hubijerk
    Hubijerk

Post  Hubijerk Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:40 am

So, not a round per se, but since I joined the TPC out here I haven't really played anywhere else. My home course is difficult, but it also provides me with an excellent range of shots that not many courses out here have, short pitches/chips off super tight hard lies to elevated greens for example. The tee shots require distance and accuracy and the landing areas are designed so that distance is limited due to very little roll, Ray Floyd was one of the principle designers and he did an excellent job of dictating the shots you're required to hit, no bomb and gouge option here. It does lack a few things, no rough to speak of and not really any holes where rocks and canyons aren't in play, you need to bring your focus on every swing.

I bring this up because today I headed down to one of the courses I spent a lot of time at last year, I played my 3 hole proving ground and a few extra holes to better gauge where my game is compared to last year, and this Nike VR Limited Driver that I've been using for a few months.. This was the course I shot a low 60's on last year, it's not a hard course but there are places where you need to ease off the gas at times, but the 3 hole proving ground is not among them, it's all gas all the time.

I started out on a 375 yard par 4 slight right to left crosswind, only warm up was 2 practice swings, made a loose feeling swing, caught it decent, but not great, seemed like a got a good bounce and plenty of roll. 335 yards per gps, pitch and a putt for bird. Next hole is a 550 yard par 5, was playing into the wind slightly and across from L-R, I hit two drives here, one to the L side of the fairway, one to the R, this was to accurately gauge the drivers performance. 1st drive measured 317 per GPS leaving me 210 to the center, ball 2 measured 321 and it to was about 210 to center. pin in front, uphill, I hit a tight 4 iron just off front edge, 2 putts for bird.

Last hole 379 yards downhill ( it's actually 365 per gps) no real wind, drive put me about 10 yards off the front and measured 340. Chip and a putt for bird...

I got way more roll in the fairway at this place then at my TPC, I don't get much roll there at all, than again a majority of the driving holes are uphill and into the wind mostly.

Playing a difficult course every day has taken my game to a much higher level, today the course I played, which while not terribly difficult is probably an average type difficulty course playing a bit over 6500 yards seemed like a pitch and putt. The TPC is like a difficult homework assignment, it seems like it's designed to teach particular skills and give exposure to difficult conditions and shots, while not always fun, I'm coming to really appreciate the place.

The best way I guess I can describe my home course is that it's like road riding into the wind, and sometimes uphill and into the wind, sometimes it's just will sapping... There are very few fun shots at this place, there's always some catastrophe waiting should you stray a little bit, and if the wind is blowing hard it get's down right disheartening. But it's made me better.

Oh yeah and the VR limited with 45" HOF Daly shaft was about the same length as my i20 with the Ahina but lower trajectory, similar performance at a way cheaper price, probably didn't need to order the Razr Extreme because I can't see squeezing out more distance but I'm in new toy mode.

So in closing, if you're serious about improving, get out of you're comfort zone and go find a dragon to slay, wrestling a bear doesn't seem so daunting once you've got puff's head mounted above you're fireplace.

-J

Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:39 am

Hubijerk wrote:So, not a round per se, but since I joined the TPC out here I haven't really played anywhere else.  My home course is difficult, but it also provides me with an excellent range of shots that not many courses out here have, short pitches/chips off super tight hard lies to elevated greens for example.  The tee shots require distance and accuracy and the landing areas are designed so that distance is limited due to very little roll, Ray Floyd was one of the principle designers and he did an excellent job of dictating the shots you're required to hit, no bomb and gouge option here.  It does lack a few things, no rough to speak of and not really any holes where rocks and canyons aren't in play, you need to bring your focus on every swing.

I bring this up because today I headed down to one of the courses I spent a lot of time at last year, I played my 3 hole proving ground and a few extra holes to better gauge where my game is compared to last year, and this Nike VR Limited Driver that I've been using for a few months.. This was the course I shot a low 60's on last year, it's not a hard course but there are places where you need to ease off the gas at times, but the 3 hole proving ground is not among them, it's all gas all the time.

I started out on a 375 yard par 4 slight right to left crosswind, only warm up was 2 practice swings, made a loose feeling swing, caught it decent, but not great, seemed like a got a good bounce and plenty of roll.  335 yards per gps, pitch and a putt for bird.  Next hole is a 550 yard par 5, was playing into the wind slightly and across from L-R, I hit two drives here, one to the L side of the fairway, one to the R, this was to accurately gauge the drivers performance.  1st drive measured 317 per GPS leaving me 210 to the center, ball 2 measured 321 and it to was about 210 to center.  pin in front, uphill, I hit a tight 4 iron just off front edge, 2 putts for bird.

Last hole 379 yards downhill ( it's actually 365 per gps) no real wind, drive put me about 10 yards off the front and measured 340.  Chip and a putt for bird...

I got way more roll in the fairway at this place then at my TPC, I don't get much roll there at all, than again a majority of the driving holes are uphill and into the wind mostly.

Playing a difficult course every day has taken my game to a much higher level, today the course I played, which while not terribly difficult is probably an average type difficulty course playing a bit over 6500 yards seemed like a pitch and putt.  The TPC is like a difficult homework assignment, it seems like it's designed to teach particular skills and give exposure to difficult conditions and shots, while not always fun, I'm coming to really appreciate the place.

The best way I guess I can describe my home course is that it's like road riding into the wind, and sometimes uphill and into the wind, sometimes it's just will sapping...  There are very few fun shots at this place, there's always some catastrophe waiting should you stray a little bit, and if the wind is blowing hard it get's down right disheartening.  But it's made me better.

Oh yeah and the VR limited with 45" HOF Daly shaft was about the same length as my i20 with the Ahina but lower trajectory, similar performance at a way cheaper price, probably didn't need to order the Razr Extreme because I can't see squeezing out more distance but I'm in new toy mode.

So in closing, if you're serious about improving, get out of you're comfort zone and go find a dragon to slay, wrestling a bear doesn't seem so daunting once you've got puff's head mounted above you're fireplace.

-J

Finally someone catches my drift....pro courses are easier becuase they demand concentration on every shot...next time play them from the tips....you'll be amazed how much less dander there is since courses are designed for the average players...distance is the only separator
    Hubijerk
    Hubijerk

Post  Hubijerk Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:45 pm

It's not just about distance, a well designed track goes a long way. I usually play from the TPC plaques and that ends up being 7100 yards or so with only 3 par 's (2 of which are over 600 yards).

One of my friends who I'll play with has a game like an LPGA player, he's ridiculously straight, but embarrassingly short, hell drive it 240, 250 absolute max. `When we play he insists on playing shorter courses and then playing from the middle tees. He considers himself a low handicap player and his numbers say so, but he would be unable to play a challenging course from the tips because he wouldn't even be able to carry it over the wastes of the tee.

Playing with him kind of sucks, ideally I should just hit irons off the tees and have little wedges in, but that's no fun for me, no challenge, not a reflection of the courses I usually play and the game I'm trying to build. So I end up trying to squeeze drivers into way narrow spots way past intended landing areas etc to mix it up and prevent the boredom of playing every hole the same way... he's perfectly content to just dink around the place and it drives me nuts, so I don't really play with him anymore, just can't get into a round on a set up like that.

I have another friend who, while not as good as the guy mentioned above is trying to improve, and build a more complete game, it's way more fun to play with him. He just laughs when I fly his ball by like 100 yards, he looks forward to the challenge as opposed to trying to find a set up that plays to his game and against everyone else's. He's gotten better, longer and we always have fun when we go out, oh yeah and his gf hit's it farther than low cap above.

The low handicapper I mention above, I doubt he could break 90 from the tournament tees on a challenging course. But he has his little corner of the universe where he's the master, and that's what's important to him.

As you get better it get's harder to find places to push yourself, I'm pretty much looking for PGA tour type conditions and outside of TPC's and actual tour events it's hard to find that... This is why I've always contended that it's way harder to make it to the professional tours than it is to stay there, though that's not easy either. There are just very few places with tight fairways, fast greens and tough set ups on a regular basis to play that aren't super expensive and exclusive.

Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:09 am

Hubijerk wrote:It's not just about distance, a well designed track goes a long way. I usually play from the TPC plaques and that ends up being 7100 yards or so with only 3 par 's (2 of which are over 600 yards).  

One of my friends who I'll play with has a game like an LPGA player, he's ridiculously straight, but embarrassingly short, hell drive it 240, 250 absolute max.  `When we play he insists on playing shorter courses and then playing from the middle tees.  He considers himself a low handicap player and his numbers say so, but he would be unable to play a challenging course from the tips because he wouldn't even be able to carry it over the wastes of the tee.  

Playing with him kind of sucks, ideally I should just hit irons off the tees and have little wedges in, but that's no fun for me, no challenge, not a reflection of the courses I usually play and the game I'm trying to build.  So I end up trying to squeeze drivers into way narrow spots way past intended landing areas etc to mix it up and prevent the boredom of playing every hole the same way... he's perfectly content to just dink around the place and it drives me nuts, so I don't really play with him anymore, just can't get into a round on a set up like that.

I have another friend who, while not as good as the guy mentioned above is trying to improve, and build a more complete game, it's way more fun to play with him.  He just laughs when I fly his ball by like 100 yards, he looks forward to the challenge as opposed to trying to find a set up that plays to his game and against everyone else's.  He's gotten better, longer and we always have fun when we go out, oh yeah and his gf hit's it farther than low cap above.  

The low handicapper I mention above, I doubt he could break 90 from the tournament tees on a challenging course.  But he has his little corner of the universe where he's the master, and that's what's important to him.

As you get better it get's harder to find places to push yourself, I'm pretty much looking for PGA tour type conditions and outside of TPC's and actual tour events it's hard to find that... This is why I've always contended that it's way harder to make it to the professional tours than it is to stay there, though that's not easy either.  There are just very few places with tight fairways, fast greens and tough set ups on a regular basis to play that aren't super expensive and exclusive.

I played 9 holes yesterday with very tight pin placements....was stil easy becuase course conditions were consistent...its boils down to consistent course conditions for me...
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:10 am

Fluffy wrote:
    Hubijerk wrote:It's not just about distance, a well designed track goes a long way. I usually play from the TPC plaques and that ends up being 7100 yards or so with only 3 par 's (2 of which are over 600 yards).  

One of my friends who I'll play with has a game like an LPGA player, he's ridiculously straight, but embarrassingly short, hell drive it 240, 250 absolute max.  `When we play he insists on playing shorter courses and then playing from the middle tees.  He considers himself a low handicap player and his numbers say so, but he would be unable to play a challenging course from the tips because he wouldn't even be able to carry it over the wastes of the tee.  

Playing with him kind of sucks, ideally I should just hit irons off the tees and have little wedges in, but that's no fun for me, no challenge, not a reflection of the courses I usually play and the game I'm trying to build.  So I end up trying to squeeze drivers into way narrow spots way past intended landing areas etc to mix it up and prevent the boredom of playing every hole the same way... he's perfectly content to just dink around the place and it drives me nuts, so I don't really play with him anymore, just can't get into a round on a set up like that.

I have another friend who, while not as good as the guy mentioned above is trying to improve, and build a more complete game, it's way more fun to play with him.  He just laughs when I fly his ball by like 100 yards, he looks forward to the challenge as opposed to trying to find a set up that plays to his game and against everyone else's.  He's gotten better, longer and we always have fun when we go out, oh yeah and his gf hit's it farther than low cap above.  

The low handicapper I mention above, I doubt he could break 90 from the tournament tees on a challenging course.  But he has his little corner of the universe where he's the master, and that's what's important to him.

As you get better it get's harder to find places to push yourself, I'm pretty much looking for PGA tour type conditions and outside of TPC's and actual tour events it's hard to find that... This is why I've always contended that it's way harder to make it to the professional tours than it is to stay there, though that's not easy either.  There are just very few places with tight fairways, fast greens and tough set ups on a regular basis to play that aren't super expensive and exclusive.

I played 9 holes yesterday with very tight pin placements....was stil easy becuase course conditions were consistent...its boils down to consistent course conditions for me...
    shot a 2 under in 9holes....
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:12 am

300y drive + 140y 56degree = 440y with 2 clubs....golf's very interesting then:(
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:43 am

I am dreading today's afternoon round at Bethpage Red. It's gonna be 92* and humid and the course is hilly as heck. Of course we walk:pale:

Only good thing is it costs me NOTHING for the round. Company league:joker: cheers Basketball 

Thinking of taking a cart in this heat. State run course, so they have all new electric ones!! Bethpage replaced all their carts this year from FEMA funds due to hurricane Sandy.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

On The Course - Round Report - Page 6 Empty Club Championship

Post  FamousDavis Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Came in 7th place. Really disappointed with the first round on Saturday. I had 3 birdies on the front side and shot even par on the first nine holes. Then I started playing conservatively and my game fell apart. I ended up with a 79 on the first day. The next day we played the much harder north course and again I shot a 79. The winner shot 68 & 73, which is the lowest score in the history of the event. Pretty amazing considering the guy is a 2 handicap.

Oh well, I guess the year of signing autographs and basically owning the course is over.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Tough luck FD. I did even worse and came in 11th in qualifying (top 8 make it).
    I shot an embarassing 82 for the first round. I missed a short putt on #2 and pretty much lost any semblance of confidence on the greens. Not that I hit the ball very well in the first place, but I didn't make a single putt outside 3 feet all day.
    The second day started out awful too. Took a 6 on the par 3 2nd hole (shanked a pitch shot into a bunker, then 3 putted). Went out in +6 while throwing away no less than 4 shots. Came back in even par and played beautifully. I did miss two short putts on the back, but I did some pretty good things as well. The shitty part is, I missed a playoff for the last spot by 2 strokes.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:20 pm

FamousDavis wrote:Came in 7th place.  Really disappointed with the first round on Saturday.  I had 3 birdies on the front side and shot even par on the first nine holes.  Then I started playing conservatively and my game fell apart.  I ended up with a 79 on the first day.   The next day we played the much harder north course and again I shot a 79.   The winner shot 68 & 73, which is the lowest score in the history of the event.  Pretty amazing considering the guy is a 2 handicap.  

Oh well, I guess the year of signing autographs and basically owning the course is over.  

Does this mean if I visit this year I won't be accorded the same VIP treatment I received last year as a guest of the reigning club champ? No 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:35 pm