The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum


    On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Share
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Lorenzzo on Mon May 13, 2013 4:34 pm

    FD, please sticky this. I'm sure everyone wants to discuss snow sports.

    Snowbird was a hoot this morning. Just perfect corn conditions. Worth the drive from Park City for sure.

    Pray for snow for next season.
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1766
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Mongrel on Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm

    Surprised no one has replied yet. So here goes. Being on the east coast, the only deep powder around here is in the possession of certain black guys who live in $13,000 row houses and drive $90,000 BMW's and Mercedes. Of course when they get it, its packed powder but then they add white powder that looks a lot like what they got packed but when they add it, it goes a lot farther. Perhaps the ski slopes experiencing snow droughts could get some of that fake white powder to make the skiing better. Well, Mongrel's gonna schuss his mouth and weddel off into the sunset.
    avatar
    Horseballs

    Posts : 752
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Living the dream at the SPCC

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Horseballs on Wed May 15, 2013 2:41 pm

    Nothing new to report. No turns or slopes, though I did order Thai last weekend.

    Why isn't this a sticky?
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Lorenzzo on Wed May 15, 2013 3:20 pm

    I agree it needs to be a sticky. FD is doing a good impersonation of Francois. We need to bring back the glory days of The Caddy Shack.

    I can tell you this, these are the glory days of the stock market. I've never seen anything like it.

    But back to snow. I had Vietnamese on Monday, Thai last night and leftovers today. Much more of this and before long I'll be driving like an idiot.
    avatar
    Horseballs

    Posts : 752
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Living the dream at the SPCC

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Horseballs on Wed May 15, 2013 4:07 pm

    I got sushi on Friday last week. White tuna sashimi, plus the requisite caterpillar and spicy tuna rolls.

    I'd also like to report that I snowplowed my wife on Saturday.
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  FamousDavis on Wed May 15, 2013 5:44 pm

    Lorenzzo wrote:I agree it needs to be a sticky. FD is doing a good impersonation of Francois. We need to bring back the glory days of The Caddy Shack.

    I can tell you this, these are the glory days of the stock market. I've never seen anything like it.

    But back to snow. I had Vietnamese on Monday, Thai last night and leftovers today. Much more of this and before long I'll be driving like an idiot.

    Asking for you own post to be a 'sticky' is the equivalent of creating a nickname for yourself.

    That being said, I love skiing but unfortunately I never do it. When I was younger I belonged to a skiing club named Tioga and we'd all take a bus to Lake Tahoe and ski Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Northstar, Heavenly and Bear Valley. All awesome ski resorts with some incredible runs. That was back when a lift ticket cost $18 if you can believe that. In fact when I first started skiing, Squaw Valley would let you ski for free if you were under 10 years old. I started when I was 7. By the time I turned 10 I was better than Franz Klammer. Who, by the way, had the greatest downhill run in the Olympics of all time in 1976. Watch the video. It's an incredible downhill. Best ever. He went down that hill with reckless abandon and was literally flying down at certain points.
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Lorenzzo on Thu May 16, 2013 3:41 pm

    FamousDavis wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:I agree it needs to be a sticky. FD is doing a good impersonation of Francois. We need to bring back the glory days of The Caddy Shack.

    I can tell you this, these are the glory days of the stock market. I've never seen anything like it.

    But back to snow. I had Vietnamese on Monday, Thai last night and leftovers today. Much more of this and before long I'll be driving like an idiot.

    Asking for you own post to be a 'sticky' is the equivalent of creating a nickname for yourself.

    That being said, I love skiing but unfortunately I never do it. When I was younger I belonged to a skiing club named Tioga and we'd all take a bus to Lake Tahoe and ski Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Northstar, Heavenly and Bear Valley. All awesome ski resorts with some incredible runs. That was back when a lift ticket cost $18 if you can believe that. In fact when I first started skiing, Squaw Valley would let you ski for free if you were under 10 years old. I started when I was 7. By the time I turned 10 I was better than Franz Klammer. Who, by the way, had the greatest downhill run in the Olympics of all time in 1976. Watch the video. It's an incredible downhill. Best ever. He went down that hill with reckless abandon and was literally flying down at certain points.

    As a former racer, I agree as to Franz Klammer. I ran the downhill and at the beginning of each run I'd ask myself how much risk I was willing to take. I don't think I ever signed on for as much as Klammer did on that run although I never ran for the gold medal at the Olympics. I'm pretty sure I'd have floored it under those circumstances but who knows. There's always a little voice in the back of your mind that warns you as about the danger in the downhill. People die. I didn't want my life to end in a safety net.

    Today when skiing I remains completely in my comfort zone. But given my background that stll gives me an edge on anyone with whom I'm skiing. You must get to the lift before the others. I invite all comers to PC.
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Thu May 16, 2013 4:19 pm

    I met my wife indirectly through skiing 10 years ago. I was on a ski trip in Queenstown with my buddies when we met this American dude from Boston on a ski trip on his own. It's funny, initially we thought he was a major pain in the ass. We were waiting in the queue to speak to the ski guide/concierge in our hotel with a question that would take about 30 seconds to answer. But this guy was going on and on. Everytime we thought he was finished, another question! disappointed Then a question came up that we could help with so we offered our advice. He took an instant shine to us and what do you know we had a tag along! He turned out to be a really good guy, really gregarious and also an excellent skier. So he skiied with us the entire week. On the ski field he was always striking up conversations with other skiers in the lift queues etc. So he strikes up this conversation with this couple who later join us for dinner and the woman introduces me to her single friend who is now my wife. So I owe that dude. Wink He has kept in touch these past 10 years. One of my buddies has been to the States three times and hooked up with him for ski trips. I think he is coming back to NZ this year but not to ski. Unfortunately 2003 was a particularly crap ski season in NZ and I think he was pretty unimpressed. Having said that even in a good year NZ can't compare to the US/Europe in terms of our skiing. We're just not far enough South and our fields are tiny. The snow line is just too high. On the plus side you can always golf if the conditions or the legs crap out.

    Unfortunately life has gotten in the way and I haven't skiied much these past 5 years. Maybe I'll try and rectify that this year. It gives you a reason to look forward to winter. Very Happy
    avatar
    FamousDavis
    Admin

    Posts : 1091
    Join date : 2012-12-04

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  FamousDavis on Thu May 16, 2013 5:23 pm

    Kiwigolfer wrote:I met my wife indirectly through skiing 10 years ago. I was on a ski trip in Queenstown with my buddies when we met this American dude from Boston on a ski trip on his own. It's funny, initially we thought he was a major pain in the ass. We were waiting in the queue to speak to the ski guide/concierge in our hotel with a question that would take about 30 seconds to answer. But this guy was going on and on. Everytime we thought he was finished, another question! disappointed Then a question came up that we could help with so we offered our advice. He took an instant shine to us and what do you know we had a tag along! He turned out to be a really good guy, really gregarious and also an excellent skier. So he skiied with us the entire week. On the ski field he was always striking up conversations with other skiers in the lift queues etc. So he strikes up this conversation with this couple who later join us for dinner and the woman introduces me to her single friend who is now my wife. So I owe that dude. Wink He has kept in touch these past 10 years. One of my buddies has been to the States three times and hooked up with him for ski trips. I think he is coming back to NZ this year but not to ski. Unfortunately 2003 was a particularly crap ski season in NZ and I think he was pretty unimpressed. Having said that even in a good year NZ can't compare to the US/Europe in terms of our skiing. We're just not far enough South and our fields are tiny. The snow line is just too high. On the plus side you can always golf if the conditions or the legs crap out.

    Unfortunately life has gotten in the way and I haven't skiied much these past 5 years. Maybe I'll try and rectify that this year. It gives you a reason to look forward to winter. Very Happy

    This is just another example of how you and Tiger have a lot in common. Meeting your wife who skis, doing tag alongs. Whatever.
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Thu May 16, 2013 8:53 pm

    FamousDavis wrote:

    This is just another example of how you and Tiger have a lot in common. Meeting your wife who skis, doing tag alongs. Whatever.

    LOL the only other thing I have in common with Tiger is I also have trouble keeping my drives in play.
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Lorenzzo on Fri May 17, 2013 1:36 am

    Kiwigolfer wrote:I met my wife indirectly through skiing 10 years ago. I was on a ski trip in Queenstown with my buddies when we met this American dude from Boston on a ski trip on his own. It's funny, initially we thought he was a major pain in the ass. We were waiting in the queue to speak to the ski guide/concierge in our hotel with a question that would take about 30 seconds to answer. But this guy was going on and on. Everytime we thought he was finished, another question! disappointed Then a question came up that we could help with so we offered our advice. He took an instant shine to us and what do you know we had a tag along! He turned out to be a really good guy, really gregarious and also an excellent skier. So he skiied with us the entire week. On the ski field he was always striking up conversations with other skiers in the lift queues etc. So he strikes up this conversation with this couple who later join us for dinner and the woman introduces me to her single friend who is now my wife. So I owe that dude. Wink He has kept in touch these past 10 years. One of my buddies has been to the States three times and hooked up with him for ski trips. I think he is coming back to NZ this year but not to ski. Unfortunately 2003 was a particularly crap ski season in NZ and I think he was pretty unimpressed. Having said that even in a good year NZ can't compare to the US/Europe in terms of our skiing. We're just not far enough South and our fields are tiny. The snow line is just too high. On the plus side you can always golf if the conditions or the legs crap out.

    Unfortunately life has gotten in the way and I haven't skiied much these past 5 years. Maybe I'll try and rectify that this year. It gives you a reason to look forward to winter. Very Happy

    I skipped more than a few years myself mostly due to family and business. In some ways having missed those years it makes it better now.

    You never know what snow conditions you'll get in a given year. Utah's been in a multi-year drought which we of course would like to see end. It's hopefully not some sort of permanent change but even during drought years it's pretty terrific.
    avatar
    jmtbkr

    Posts : 359
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : LawnGuylund/Palm Beach Gardens

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  jmtbkr on Fri May 17, 2013 6:57 am

    Kiwigolfer wrote:I met my wife indirectly through skiing 10 years ago. Very Happy

    So did I, tho it was 45 years ago! Good old Hunter Mountain. High school ski trip. I accidently skied into her near the base, where, if you know the crowds at hunter, is like being in a shopping mall at christmas. As I tried to untangle us, she put her pole down right thru the crotch of my pants, missing the boys by a hair. Split the pants up the middle. So off to the first aid station where they gave me a handfull of saftey pins to stitch my pants up with. On the way home on the bus, I hear a voice in the dark say, "How's your crotch?" That was the beginning of a beautiful relationship! I don't regret it.
    Still skiing. We were at Killington 2 weeks ago, spring corn at the top, mud and straw at the bottom. made turns for two days and took the third day off.
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Fri May 17, 2013 7:35 am

    jmtbkr wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:I met my wife indirectly through skiing 10 years ago. Very Happy

    So did I, tho it was 45 years ago! Good old Hunter Mountain. High school ski trip. I accidently skied into her near the base, where, if you know the crowds at hunter, is like being in a shopping mall at christmas. As I tried to untangle us, she put her pole down right thru the crotch of my pants, missing the boys by a hair. Split the pants up the middle. So off to the first aid station where they gave me a handfull of saftey pins to stitch my pants up with. On the way home on the bus, I hear a voice in the dark say, "How's your crotch?" That was the beginning of a beautiful relationship! I don't regret it.
    Still skiing. We were at Killington 2 weeks ago, spring corn at the top, mud and straw at the bottom. made turns for two days and took the third day off.

    Hey, I said 'indirectly'. It doesn't get much more direct than that! LOL
    avatar
    Mongrel

    Posts : 1766
    Join date : 2012-12-04
    Location : The Oort Cloud

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Mongrel on Fri May 17, 2013 8:24 am

    jmtbkr wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:I met my wife indirectly through skiing 10 years ago. Very Happy

    So did I, tho it was 45 years ago! Good old Hunter Mountain. High school ski trip. I accidently skied into her near the base, where, if you know the crowds at hunter, is like being in a shopping mall at christmas. As I tried to untangle us, she put her pole down right thru the crotch of my pants, missing the boys by a hair. Split the pants up the middle. So off to the first aid station where they gave me a handfull of saftey pins to stitch my pants up with. On the way home on the bus, I hear a voice in the dark say, "How's your crotch?" That was the beginning of a beautiful relationship! I don't regret it.
    Still skiing. We were at Killington 2 weeks ago, spring corn at the top, mud and straw at the bottom. made turns for two days and took the third day off.

    My friends and I used to drive down from Oneonta on Monday nights for the Hunter Mountain night skiing. Required equipment was one wineskin per guy and someone usually had a bag of pot. It was a gas. One of the guys had polio as a child and walked with a severe limp. This kid was from the Bronx and his parents had the forearm tattoos from the concentration camp. Anyway, the guy was a real over-achiever and played basketball and other sports and wanted to learn to ski. We got our gear strapped on and I showed him how to walk and skate uphill on skiis and how to do snowplow turns and stop. By the last run, he was able to follow me straight down the hill and never fell once.
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Lorenzzo on Mon May 20, 2013 10:57 am

    Mongrel wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:I met my wife indirectly through skiing 10 years ago. Very Happy

    So did I, tho it was 45 years ago! Good old Hunter Mountain. High school ski trip. I accidently skied into her near the base, where, if you know the crowds at hunter, is like being in a shopping mall at christmas. As I tried to untangle us, she put her pole down right thru the crotch of my pants, missing the boys by a hair. Split the pants up the middle. So off to the first aid station where they gave me a handfull of saftey pins to stitch my pants up with. On the way home on the bus, I hear a voice in the dark say, "How's your crotch?" That was the beginning of a beautiful relationship! I don't regret it.
    Still skiing. We were at Killington 2 weeks ago, spring corn at the top, mud and straw at the bottom. made turns for two days and took the third day off.

    My friends and I used to drive down from Oneonta on Monday nights for the Hunter Mountain night skiing. Required equipment was one wineskin per guy and someone usually had a bag of pot. It was a gas. One of the guys had polio as a child and walked with a severe limp. This kid was from the Bronx and his parents had the forearm tattoos from the concentration camp. Anyway, the guy was a real over-achiever and played basketball and other sports and wanted to learn to ski. We got our gear strapped on and I showed him how to walk and skate uphill on skiis and how to do snowplow turns and stop. By the last run, he was able to follow me straight down the hill and never fell once.

    Some of my favorite ski friends had polio, at least I assume so from the way they ski.

    Thanks for the sticky, FD.
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Lorenzzo on Tue May 21, 2013 4:08 pm

    Snowbird was great yesterday but the weekend's forecast isn't favorable.

    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Lorenzzo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:21 pm

    Now that the ski resorts have chairs open so you can downhill their slopes, I'm thinking I might end up getting killed doing it.  Really, I'm surprised there aren't frequent fatalities, just countless shattered collar bones according to my OR nurse friend.

    I'm ok being the last one down.  No way am I willing to injure myself on a stupid mountain bike so that I'd miss out on next ski season which promises to be HUGE...
    avatar
    jmtbkr

    Posts : 359
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : LawnGuylund/Palm Beach Gardens

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  jmtbkr on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:44 pm

    Just make sure you have a bike that's downhill capable, ie: 8+ inches of travel, and full body armor with full coverage helmet.

    I'm still at it, although I don't do the 50' jumps anymore these days. Still getting plenty of air and 10-20' drops to transistions, but mostly gnarly trail riding is what I crave.
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Lorenzzo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:55 pm

    I'm thinking no as to another bike for downhill.  I've recently gotten a 29er FSR carbon and you know what those cost with XT equivalent.  I also acquired a road bike and while I didn't see the need to get the equivalent quality as the MB, it was still pricey. 

    If I start entering road races (I hope I don't) I'll probably get something crazy.  So I'm resisting getting a downhill specialist.  I'm living with lockouts for now and figure specializing will end up putting me at greater risk of injury.
    avatar
    Poe4soul

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Portland, OR

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Poe4soul on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:38 pm

    My old receptionist's boyfriend, now ex, was a semi pro mountain biker.  He went off the track in a race, he was winning, slammed his knee into a large tree and blew his femur out the back of his hip.  No more racing and she broke up with him. Pretty sad thing to happen to a young man. He will have a few years of recovery.  Not to mentions he lost her; she was a beautiful, tall, athletic, blond and very perky.  Now married with children...
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Lorenzzo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:04 pm

    Poe4soul wrote:My old receptionist's boyfriend, now ex, was a semi pro mountain biker.  He went off the track in a race, he was winning, slammed his knee into a large tree and blew his femur out the back of his hip.  No more racing and she broke up with him. Pretty sad thing to happen to a young man. He will have a few years of recovery.  Not to mentions he lost her; she was a beautiful, tall, athletic, blond and very perky.  Now married with children...


    -------Separator to compensate for fucked up software-------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software--------------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software------------


    Look, if you're telling me mountain biking could cost me smoking hot p.ussy, I'll quit now.

    avatar
    Poe4soul

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Portland, OR

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Poe4soul on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:06 pm

    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:My old receptionist's boyfriend, now ex, was a semi pro mountain biker.  He went off the track in a race, he was winning, slammed his knee into a large tree and blew his femur out the back of his hip.  No more racing and she broke up with him. Pretty sad thing to happen to a young man. He will have a few years of recovery.  Not to mentions he lost her; she was a beautiful, tall, athletic, blond and very perky.  Now married with children...


    -------Separator to compensate for fucked up software-------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software--------------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software------------


    Look, if you're telling me mountain biking could cost me smoking hot p.ussy, I'll quit now.

    -------Separator to compensate for fucked up software-------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software--------------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software------------

    I'm not telling you anything but I know my receptionist didn't go out with him because he hurled himself down mountains at near uncontrollable speeds. She did break up with him for being a retard and wanting to continue racing after he nearly killed himself.  I'm sure if he biked with skill and some style but didn't have to try to prove himself on some stupid level he would still have her.  Probably very similar to skiing.  Hard to get a girl with severe brain trauma. 

    Not to mention the simple fact that if you break a hip, you're not going to be in the game any time soon. Hips are pretty important thing to have right behind a x-stiff shaft. 
    avatar
    Lorenzzo

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : Park City, UT

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Lorenzzo on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:54 pm

    Poe4soul wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:My old receptionist's boyfriend, now ex, was a semi pro mountain biker.  He went off the track in a race, he was winning, slammed his knee into a large tree and blew his femur out the back of his hip.  No more racing and she broke up with him. Pretty sad thing to happen to a young man. He will have a few years of recovery.  Not to mentions he lost her; she was a beautiful, tall, athletic, blond and very perky.  Now married with children...


    -------Separator to compensate for fucked up software-------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software--------------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software------------


    Look, if you're telling me mountain biking could cost me smoking hot p.ussy, I'll quit now.

    -------Separator to compensate for fucked up software-------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software--------------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software------------

    I'm not telling you anything but I know my receptionist didn't go out with him because he hurled himself down mountains at near uncontrollable speeds. She did break up with him for being a retard and wanting to continue racing after he nearly killed himself.  I'm sure if he biked with skill and some style but didn't have to try to prove himself on some stupid level he would still have her.  Probably very similar to skiing.  Hard to get a girl with severe brain trauma. 

    Not to mention the simple fact that if you break a hip, you're not going to be in the game any time soon. Hips are pretty important thing to have right behind a x-stiff shaft. 



    -------Separator to compensate for fucked up software-------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software--------------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software------------



    I have to say I'm at greater risk this summer than I'd like.  I'm hanging with experienced riders and while they aren't the crazy types they are damned athletic.  So many people up here have sports backgrounds it's like jock mecca.  My riding companions have been down most of the trails we ride many times whereas for me the terrain is often new.  Given this it's hard not to fall behind while staying in your comfort zone.  I try and have chicks with us so I won't bring up the rear although the wrong chicks and the rear is mine.

    There will be payback when we ski together.

    avatar
    Poe4soul

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Portland, OR

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Poe4soul on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:40 pm

    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:My old receptionist's boyfriend, now ex, was a semi pro mountain biker.  He went off the track in a race, he was winning, slammed his knee into a large tree and blew his femur out the back of his hip.  No more racing and she broke up with him. Pretty sad thing to happen to a young man. He will have a few years of recovery.  Not to mentions he lost her; she was a beautiful, tall, athletic, blond and very perky.  Now married with children...


    -------Separator to compensate for fucked up software-------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software--------------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software------------


    Look, if you're telling me mountain biking could cost me smoking hot p.ussy, I'll quit now.

    -------Separator to compensate for fucked up software-------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software--------------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software------------

    I'm not telling you anything but I know my receptionist didn't go out with him because he hurled himself down mountains at near uncontrollable speeds. She did break up with him for being a retard and wanting to continue racing after he nearly killed himself.  I'm sure if he biked with skill and some style but didn't have to try to prove himself on some stupid level he would still have her.  Probably very similar to skiing.  Hard to get a girl with severe brain trauma. 

    Not to mention the simple fact that if you break a hip, you're not going to be in the game any time soon. Hips are pretty important thing to have right behind a x-stiff shaft. 



    -------Separator to compensate for fucked up software-------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software--------------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software------------



    I have to say I'm at greater risk this summer than I'd like.  I'm hanging with experienced riders and while they aren't the crazy types they are damned athletic.  So many people up here have sports backgrounds it's like jock mecca.  My riding companions have been down most of the trails we ride many times whereas for me the terrain is often new.  Given this it's hard not to fall behind while staying in your comfort zone.  I try and have chicks with us so I won't bring up the rear although the wrong chicks and the rear is mine.

    There will be payback when we ski together.

    -------Separator to compensate for fucked up software-------------------Separator to compensate for fucked up software--------------------------

    A coworker of mine grew up in a redneck town outside of portland.  He wasn't into the hunting scene so each year during hunting season he would poach their girl friends.  He said it was easy.  Just show to the bar and he'd have drinks bought.  The odds were about 8 to 1.  Not being the most macho guy in a crowd can have it's advantages especially when the guys are trying to one up each other.  Just don't start break dancing or playing the piano.  Those are two things you can never overcome.  

    Your new home reminds me of Hood River, OR.  It's big for windsurfing and kiteboarding.  Many, many trustafarians. They water and mountain biking in the summer and then slopes in the winter.  It's a serious sausage town.  The town is seriously short of pockets. 
    avatar
    Kiwigolfer

    Posts : 477
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Location : A land downunder

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Kiwigolfer on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:36 pm

    NZ is bracing itself for a massive snow storm (well, massive by our standards) which will bring a big snow dump and the accompaning disruption and misery for farmers and those living in affected areas. But it augers well for a great ski season. Short term pain for long term gain. Wink

    Sponsored content

    Re: On The Slopes: Turns Report

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:07 pm