The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Had an exciting round

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Had an exciting round Empty Had an exciting round

Post  FamousDavis Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 pm

After 4 weeks of no golf I finally played again. Course was 6,400 yards, Par 71.

I hit a gap wedge on the 1st hole from 100 yards out to about 9 inches and made birdie.

I then proceeded to bogey the next 3 holes in a row all with short irons to the green. I was pulling all my shots. I then hit into the water on 9 and I shot 42 on the front nine.

I then birdied 10, 14 and 18 (and parred all the rest) to shoot a 3 under 32 on the back nine.

Golf is such a strange game. By the 14th hole I felt like I was in the zone. I was just firing at pins and felt like i knew the speed and break of every putt. I actually missed two other makeable birdie putts.

Keeping the same clubs seems to be working.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Had an exciting round Empty Re: Had an exciting round

Post  jt1135 Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:43 pm

FamousDavis wrote:After 4 weeks of no golf I finally played again.  Course was 6,400 yards, Par 71.  

I hit a gap wedge on the 1st hole from 100 yards out to about 9 inches and made birdie.  

I then proceeded to bogey the next 3 holes in a row all with short irons to the green.  I was pulling all my shots.  I then hit into the water on 9 and I shot 42 on the front nine.  

I then birdied 10, 14 and 18 (and parred all the rest) to shoot a 3 under 32 on the back nine.  

Golf is such a strange game.  By the 14th hole I felt like I was in the zone.  I was just firing at pins and felt like i knew the speed and break of every putt.  I actually missed two other makeable birdie putts.  

4 weeks! Haven't been on a tee box since 30 November. I'd be surprized if the course opens by tax day in this area. Closest indoor range is about 100 miles away so it has been a long and boring fuking winter.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:45 pm

jt1135 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:After 4 weeks of no golf I finally played again.  Course was 6,400 yards, Par 71.  

I then proceeded to bogey the next 3 holes in a row all with short irons to the green.  I was pulling all my shots.  I then hit into the water on 9 and I shot 42 on the front nine.  

Golf is such a strange game.  By the 14th hole I felt like I was in the zone.  I was just firing at pins and felt like i knew the speed and break of every putt.  I actually missed two other makeable birdie putts.  

4 weeks!  Haven't been on a tee box since 30 November.  I'd be surprized if the course opens by tax day in this area.  Closest indoor range is about 100 miles away so it has been a long and boring fuking winter.

I lived in Chicago for 6 months so I know how you feel. I now live in So Cal so I can play pretty much every day of the year. I usually get rained out maybe twice a year. Other than that it's golf year around.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:46 pm

I played my last round at the end of October last year. First one this year sked for this coming Saturday. Of course yesterday we got five more inches of snow so melt had better be fast.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:02 am

Played my first round of the year in Naples on Sunday.
    Score wasn't great but I finished strong going -1 on the last 4 holes. The good news is that I played very well on every hole I got in play off the tee. I didn't miss-hit any shots blatantly but didn't have much feel either.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:15 pm

Horseballs wrote:Played my first round of the year in Naples on Sunday.
    Score wasn't great but I finished strong going -1 on the last 4 holes. The good news is that I played very well on every hole I got in play off the tee. I didn't miss-hit any shots blatantly but didn't have much feel either.  

Do you ever travel to California? We would probably have a pretty good match.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:19 pm

FD, you should make sure your passport is valid and fly over to Italy with your sticks next time HB is in Naples. The courses there probably feature a lot of water.

Last edited by Mongrel on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:32 pm

Not as much as I used to. My work travel has me within a couple hundred miles of home.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:58 pm

Horseballs wrote:Not as much as I used to. My work travel has me within a couple hundred miles of home.

Isn't Naples quite a bit further than a couple hundred miles? I've never been to Florida. I can't think of anything else to say.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:31 pm

It's not for work. My parents are snow birds in Naples and my family usually gets down at least once in the winter. My brother lives across the state in lauderdale so I'm going down pretty often.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:03 am

I've been playing great golf. Shot 75 yesterday at a challenging course. I think I could start 72 on a regular basis if I just holed a few more putts. I've been using a Yes! Sandy 12 putter and I like it but I may be purchasing a Rife Abaco Phantom putter from Rock Bottom Golf. Either that or a STX Series # 8 putter.

It seems like all phases of my game are better. The Taylormade Tour Burner irons are the best irons I've played. My Ping G5 Driver is the best driver I've hit and I'm liking all my clubs.

[img]Had an exciting round Z_yes_11[/img]
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:33 am

12 Sandwich plays or played a Yes putter and seemed to swear by it. By the way, where is 12? Haven't seem him here or over the other place in ages. Could he have taken the offical office as the Twelth Imam?
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:34 pm

FamousDavis wrote:  The Taylormade Tour Burner irons are the best irons I've played.  My Ping G5 Driver is the best driver I've hit and I'm liking all my clubs.  

FD... U changed clubs often so I don't trust your judgement call anymore  disappointed 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 am