The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+25
Dixon Cox
mtz4life
Mongrel
Big Dave
The Ghost of FD
Hubijerk
BBQpig
SoonerBS
Player
msal13
californiataxes
FreakOfNature
Dirtsquirrel
Fluffy
Poe4soul
jmtbkr
12pierogi
Horseballs
Kiwigolfer
jetdriver
Lord Helmet
Golfaholic
JonT
Olderplayer
Lorenzzo
29 posters

Club Ho'ing

12pierogi
    12pierogi

Club Ho'ing  - Page 15 Empty Re: Club Ho'ing

Post  12pierogi Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:48 pm

jt1135 wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:When I was in grade school, all the girls used to get misty-eyed after reading "Black Beauty". Some years later, I had lots of good times after swallowing some black beauties.

We are sure U had great time with those during the hippies time... I sure missed that now

I had a great time with all that stuff except I was on active duty and for a substantial percentage of that time, on and very near your native country. Some of the good citizens of Vung Tao sold packs of Salems and Marlboro's for one US dollar per pack. Now back then, a pack of American cigarettes cost about twenty five to twsenty nine cents. What made these cigarettes well worth the price and much more was that the folks took the cigarettes from the packs in the cartoons they got from the G.I.'sl, dumped all the tobacco out, and sat on the floors around these big round tables filling the empty cigarettes with marvelous indigenous marijuana. Then they crimped the tips, re-packed them into the packs they came from, and then re-sealed the packs in celophane that looked just like a factory job. The best thing was that three of us would share one cigarette and we'd all be tripping in a state of heightened euphoria for at least the next eight hours fully capable of doing our jobs including fighting. Now that would be a very profitable export for Viet Nam today.
    Singing Tom Paxton's "Talking VietNam Pot Luck Blues" to myself as I read this!

Yes, I still remembers the hippy time in Saigon (influenced by French back in 1967-1970) and in USA (Athens Ohio, OU) in 1970-1974... That was truly a "Make love, not War" period at OU, and perhaps everywhere else... Sh$$$t, FD missed all the fun because he was too young Mad Mad

In the mid 70's white crosses were the thing around here. We lost 2 football games that year in high school and it just so happened that nobody had any speed for those games. Fond memories.

I'm no expert on truck stop speed, I should be, but isn't that stuff massive amounts of caffeine? For many years it was. I just drink coffee now. I like sleep, I feel refreshed in the morning.
    By the way I've come to the conclusion I can hit a demo 6 iron I hit in the backyard relegated to be outdoors inch long mp60 6 iron, S300 it's as long as Larry's drives on a good day.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 pm

jt1135 wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:
    jmtbkr wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:When I was in grade school, all the girls used to get misty-eyed after reading "Black Beauty". Some years later, I had lots of good times after swallowing some black beauties.

We are sure U had great time with those during the hippies time... I sure missed that now

I had a great time with all that stuff except I was on active duty and for a substantial percentage of that time, on and very near your native country. Some of the good citizens of Vung Tao sold packs of Salems and Marlboro's for one US dollar per pack. Now back then, a pack of American cigarettes cost about twenty five to twsenty nine cents. What made these cigarettes well worth the price and much more was that the folks took the cigarettes from the packs in the cartoons they got from the G.I.'sl, dumped all the tobacco out, and sat on the floors around these big round tables filling the empty cigarettes with marvelous indigenous marijuana. Then they crimped the tips, re-packed them into the packs they came from, and then re-sealed the packs in celophane that looked just like a factory job. The best thing was that three of us would share one cigarette and we'd all be tripping in a state of heightened euphoria for at least the next eight hours fully capable of doing our jobs including fighting. Now that would be a very profitable export for Viet Nam today.
    Singing Tom Paxton's "Talking VietNam Pot Luck Blues" to myself as I read this!

Yes, I still remembers the hippy time in Saigon (influenced by French back in 1967-1970) and in USA (Athens Ohio, OU) in 1970-1974... That was truly a "Make love, not War" period at OU, and perhaps everywhere else... Sh$$$t, FD missed all the fun because he was too young Mad Mad

In the mid 70's white crosses were the thing around here. We lost 2 football games that year in high school and it just so happened that nobody had any speed for those games. Fond memories.

My and some of my shipmates rented an apartment in San Diego for awhile and some of our neighbors were seniors on the San
    Diego State football team. At that time, the best State players were usually looked at by the Chargers and these guys knew some of the players. They told the college guys that every Sunday morning when they got to the locker room to get ready to suit up for the game, they would find bottles of green pills on the shelves that all of them were expected to take about an hour before kick-off. This was in the '60's.
    FreakOfNature
    FreakOfNature

Post  FreakOfNature Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:45 am

FamousDavis wrote:PIAS also had a used set of the Taylormade RAC TP Smoke blade irons with Rifle 6.0 for $219 in 8.5/10 condition. I may have to go snag those up tomorrow.

Those are the exact same irons and shafts I'm bagging, aside from the "Smoke" finish - mine are the original 06 satin version.

You MAY find the shaft a bit too stiff for your liking, but you'll probably find them to be a bit more forgiving than the MP-32's you're currently bagging. Then again the shaft might be fine for you, since the Rifle 6.0 isn't as boardy feeling as a PX or a DG of the same flex rating. If you can handle the shaft, then you should prepare to put the MP-32's on ebay to make room in the bag for your new gamers. cheers

I guarantee you'll like them and want to game them at least for awhile. That aside, even if you don't like them, for $219 you should be able to flip them for $350 EASY if you want to make some money. Smile I could likely get $600 for my set if I wanted to part with them, and was patient enough to wait for the right offer. These TM rac TP's don't come up on the market that often, most owners are like me and refuse to part with them. Ask OP. He has a set which I'd bet he wouldn't part with for less than $500 even though he rarely plays them. They're a very nice club of great quality, but often overlooked and underrated by the masses. Those of us who play them know how nice they really are.

That's a steal of a deal and you'd be a pitiful excuse for a club ho if you didn't follow through and buy those beauties. tongue

Club Ho'ing  - Page 15 1014620

Just... look at that. Dammit those are some sexy irons.

Club Ho'ing  - Page 15 Jizz1
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:17 am

FreakOfNature wrote:Those are the exact same irons and shafts I'm bagging, aside from the "Smoke" finish - mine are the original 06 satin version.

You MAY find the shaft a bit too stiff for your liking, but you'll probably find them to be a bit more forgiving than the MP-32's you're currently bagging. Then again the shaft might be fine for you, since the Rifle 6.0 isn't as boardy feeling as a PX or a DG of the same flex rating. If you can handle the shaft, then you should prepare to put the MP-32's on ebay to make room in the bag for your new gamers. cheers

I guarantee you'll like them and want to game them at least for awhile. That aside, even if you don't like them, for $219 you should be able to flip them for $350 EASY if you want to make some money. Smile I could likely get $600 for my set if I wanted to part with them, and was patient enough to wait for the right offer. These TM rac TP's don't come up on the market that often, most owners are like me and refuse to part with them. Ask OP. He has a set which I'd bet he wouldn't part with for less than $500 even though he rarely plays them. They're a very nice club of great quality, but often overlooked and underrated by the masses. Those of us who play them know how nice they really are.

That's a steal of a deal and you'd be a pitiful excuse for a club ho if you didn't follow through and buy those beauties. tongue

Club Ho'ing  - Page 15 1014620

Just... look at that. Dammit those are some sexy irons.

Club Ho'ing  - Page 15 Jizz1

Man... those TM blades look really sexy... I sure believe I could hit them
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 am

Strictly speaking, they are not blades but cavity backs with the cavities bisected with muscle-backs located directly behind where most of us would never hit the ball.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 am

Mostly German wrote:Strictly speaking, they are not blades but cavity backs with the cavities bisected with muscle-backs located directly behind where most of us would never hit the ball.

They are definitely blades. I grabbed one off the shelf and placed it down on the floor and the head was tiny. Quite a bit smaller than the MP-32 irons I carry. Honestly, I would never bag anything longer than the 7 iron with this set. The 3 and 4 irons look impossible to hit. The only smaller head I've seen were those Cleveland CG1 Tour irons that I owned for less than 24 hours. Those things were tiny with zero offset. In fact, they may have had negative offset.

What I'm going to do is go back to the store with another $50 off coupon and I'll buy the TM Smokes along with a few other things. I'm trying to remember what I saw there last time. There was one of those brand new Taylormade putters with black paint and the red face with grooves. There's a set of Taylormade OS irons for $79. I'll grab a few things I think I can resell and once I get the price up to $250 I'll use the coupon. That will equate to paying $170 for the TM Smokes.

It would be cool to play Taylormade Rac TP Smoke irons. People would ask you what you play and you could simply respond with "Smokes, dude. I play the Smokes". If they respond with "what are smokes?" you just look at them in disgust and shake your head. Mad
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Lord Helmet wrote:After stating my kit was good to go for 2013...I couldnt resist and ran across a Ping g20 3wood in like new condition at 3balls.com for $89. Pulled the trigger. Love the g20 driver, and have hit the 3wood in simulators before.

I plan on being more of a manager in 2013, playing a 3w off the t and trying to leave myself full shots into the green, on courses that set up for that.

p#ssy!

What's happened to you guys? You move to a new forum and all the old GR values go out the window. Such a meek statement back at GR would draw nothing but scorn and derision.

3 wood is for hitting second shots off the deck to hit par 5's in two not for pussying around off the tee. If you are planning to use it off the tee I presume you are wearing a skirt and playing from the ladies tees?
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:57 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Lord Helmet wrote:After stating my kit was good to go for 2013...I couldnt resist and ran across a Ping g20 3wood in like new condition at 3balls.com for $89. Pulled the trigger. Love the g20 driver, and have hit the 3wood in simulators before.

I plan on being more of a manager in 2013, playing a 3w off the t and trying to leave myself full shots into the green, on courses that set up for that.

p#ssy!

What's happened to you guys? You move to a new forum and all the old GR values go out the window. Such a meek statement back at GR would draw nothing but scorn and derision.

3 wood is for hitting second shots off the deck to hit par 5's in two not for pussying around off the tee. If you are planning to use it off the tee I presume you are wearing a skirt and playing from the ladies tees?

Lol! Im shocked it took this long for anyone to scold me! Yes I am ashamed kiwi....but I sucked on partial shots and want to play better! Even if I wear a damn skirt. Im even thinking of putting GI irons back in play!
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Lord Helmet wrote:

Lol! Im shocked it took this long for anyone to scold me! Yes I am ashamed kiwi....but I sucked on partial shots and want to play better! Even if I wear a damn skirt. Im even thinking of putting GI irons back in play!

Just add 64° and 68° wedges to your arsenal and those pesky partial shots will be a thing of the past. afro
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Lord Helmet wrote:

Just add 64° and 68° wedges to your arsenal and those pesky partial shots will be a thing of the past. afro

LOL! lol!
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:04 pm

hELLO FROM fLA.
    84* today, shot an 84 too! And, I was stylin' in my FJ Project-M shoes!

At my local store....MX25's.....$150. They were beat up.

Two sets of JPX's, starting at $225.

Nice set of Burner 2.0's for $350. They look and hit like my X20's.

Tried a few different lofts in the MP69's. Didn't like them at all

My bud scored a Burner 3W for $30. Perfect condition.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Last weekend I was in a store that had a new set of the new Mizuno MP model called H-4 or something like that. They looked real nice but I kept myself from hitting them because they were new and about ten times what I'm gonna spend on my next set of irons..whatever they may be. There's a beat set of MX 25's in the local Golfsmith for around $350 and its only 5-PW.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Mostly German wrote:Last weekend I was in a store that had a new set of the new Mizuno MP model called H-4 or something like that. They looked real nice but I kept myself from hitting them because they were new and about ten times what I'm gonna spend on my next set of irons..whatever they may be. There's a beat set of MX 25's in the local Golfsmith for around $350 and its only 5-PW.

last yr I eBayed a set of MX-25, 4-PW. steel shaft (for $150, almost new), advertised as R-flex, turned out they were S-flex... I lost at least 10 yds per club compared to my MX-23 R-flex graphite shaft... so I returned the set... I still have my MX-23 set... $350 for a set of MX-25? crazy...
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm getting impatient waiting for the weather to break so I can go hit some balls and also impatient about finding another set of irons so I decided to put together an all Mizuno irons bag with what I have lying around. I decided to make up a combo set with MP 14 blade PW, 9 and 8, and 7 through 4 the CB MX 23's. I just finished putting the Dynalite Gold R300's in them that I'd taken out of my MX 20 set. In addition there's 54* MP-R and 58* MP Series wedges. And I just finished the reshaft of my Tit driver with stiff Matrix XCon 6 shaft. Forecast says sunny tomorrow with wind from the north which will be at my back at the local range. Mongrel psyched.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:47 pm

Mostly German wrote:I'm getting impatient waiting for the weather to break so I can go hit some balls and also impatient about finding another set of irons so I decided to put together an all Mizuno irons bag with what I have lying around. I decided to make up a combo set with MP 14 blade PW, 9 and 8, and 7 through 4 the CB MX 23's. I just finished putting the Dynalite Gold R300's in them that I'd taken out of my MX 20 set. In addition there's 54* MP-R and 58* MP Series wedges. And I just finished the reshaft of my Tit driver with stiff Matrix XCon 6 shaft. Forecast says sunny tomorrow with wind from the north which will be at my back at the local range. Mongrel psyched.

Sounds like a winner. What kind of gap you got between the 7 and 8?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:00 pm

Pretty large gap. The MP 14's are, descending from PW, 50, 45, 40. Then the MX 23's are 33, 29, 26 and 23. However, the shaft lengths are about stock Mizuno specs except that the MP 14 8 iron is a bit longer so it is just a quarter inch less than the MX 23 7 iron. For my game and the courses I play (from the up tees), I don't think it will make much of a difference. I've re-tooled my swing a bit and seem to be able to hit more shots with irons with less than a full swing and still be relatively on target. I only have the MX 23 4-7 irons and think I should be able to be more accurate with the MP 14 blade 8-PW than my MX 20 set. Its just an experiment and I had all the parts lying around except for 8 new ferrules I bought just to make them look a bit more finished than my usual recycling of the old ones with marks from various pliers I use to pull them off the pulled shafts.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:37 am

Mostly German wrote:I'm getting impatient waiting for the weather to break so I can go hit some balls and also impatient about finding another set of irons so I decided to put together an all Mizuno irons bag with what I have lying around. I decided to make up a combo set with MP 14 blade PW, 9 and 8, and 7 through 4 the CB MX 23's. I just finished putting the Dynalite Gold R300's in them that I'd taken out of my MX 20 set. In addition there's 54* MP-R and 58* MP Series wedges. And I just finished the reshaft of my Tit driver with stiff Matrix XCon 6 shaft. Forecast says sunny tomorrow with wind from the north which will be at my back at the local range. Mongrel psyched.

Same here... projected it's 48F and sunny so I will be at a local range to regroove my swing before it gets rusty... Sh$$$t, I will be going to Grand Rapids MI for a whole week next week
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 am

Mostly German wrote:Pretty large gap. The MP 14's are, descending from PW, 50, 45, 40. Then the MX 23's are 33, 29, 26 and 23. However, the shaft lengths are about stock Mizuno specs except that the MP 14 8 iron is a bit longer so it is just a quarter inch less than the MX 23 7 iron. For my game and the courses I play (from the up tees), I don't think it will make much of a difference. I've re-tooled my swing a bit and seem to be able to hit more shots with irons with less than a full swing and still be relatively on target. I only have the MX 23 4-7 irons and think I should be able to be more accurate with the MP 14 blade 8-PW than my MX 20 set. Its just an experiment and I had all the parts lying around except for 8 new ferrules I bought just to make them look a bit more finished than my usual recycling of the old ones with marks from various pliers I use to pull them off the pulled shafts.

We should rig up something in a vise with a compass for adjusting loft, lie or I could use one of my Hunter alignment machines with a jig, live readings on a screen. Hi tech lo tech same results in the end. Rigid makes a bending bar, I don't no about the chewy marks, though that could be your signature. Modified by Mongrel
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:17 am

12pierogi wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:Pretty large gap. The MP 14's are, descending from PW, 50, 45, 40. Then the MX 23's are 33, 29, 26 and 23. However, the shaft lengths are about stock Mizuno specs except that the MP 14 8 iron is a bit longer so it is just a quarter inch less than the MX 23 7 iron. For my game and the courses I play (from the up tees), I don't think it will make much of a difference. I've re-tooled my swing a bit and seem to be able to hit more shots with irons with less than a full swing and still be relatively on target. I only have the MX 23 4-7 irons and think I should be able to be more accurate with the MP 14 blade 8-PW than my MX 20 set. Its just an experiment and I had all the parts lying around except for 8 new ferrules I bought just to make them look a bit more finished than my usual recycling of the old ones with marks from various pliers I use to pull them off the pulled shafts.

We should rig up something in a vise with a compass for adjusting loft, lie or I could use one of my Hunter alignment machines with a jig, live readings on a screen. Hi tech lo tech same results in the end. Rigid makes a bending bar, I don't no about the chewy marks, though that could be your signature. Modified by Mongrel
    I'm kind of finicky about the metal heads of my irons. My MP 14 8 and 9 iron had some chrome chipped off next to the bottoms of their soles when I got them and the first thing I did was to use my little hand sander to smooth them out. Worked fine. Finding someone competent to bend irons has been a real chore around here. There is an older guy at Golf Galaxy is good but is pretty flaky and usually will only bend one or two at a time. Just $4 a pop though. Last time I had my MX 20's all bent a couple of degrees flat and he gave me a ration of shit about why on earth I'd want to do that. Years ago my club pro who was a friend had a simple lie/loft machine in his shop and would bend my irons in a minute or two apiece and never charged me a dime. I should have bought one of those. I saw one about ten years ago for $100 but didn't have the desire or good space to do it then.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 am

Pky6471 wrote:

Same here... projected it's 48F and sunny so I will be at a local range to regroove my swing before it gets rusty... Sh$$$t, I will be going to Grand Rapids MI for a whole week next week

About an hour ago I was drinking coffee and watching the NFL channel. The wife was on the internet. I heard birds singing and muted the TV and checked to see if the wife had a site with audio. No go. The birds were outside on a utility wire. The damn goose grass (seems to be close relative of crabgrass) just greened up overnight and the thermometer by the pool read 50* F already. Definitely a range day. Ground on my rec field ranges will still be too soggy.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Mostly German wrote:About an hour ago I was drinking coffee and watching the NFL channel. The wife was on the internet. I heard birds singing and muted the TV and checked to see if the wife had a site with audio. No go. The birds were outside on a utility wire. The damn goose grass (seems to be close relative of crabgrass) just greened up overnight and the thermometer by the pool read 50* F already. Definitely a range day. Ground on my rec field ranges will still be too soggy.

I went out for a large bucket , good exercise for muscles but it was cloudy and windy , I hit well after 2 months of not touching my clubs, except it was so windy I could not hit past 175-yd mark with my 3W. The guy next stall hits beautiful draws with his MX-25, well more than 50% of the time... Mongrel could do much better than that... Sh$$t I have to fly out to Grand Rapids MI tomorrow... sucks. By the time I get back the winter should be ALMOST over for me and Mongrel Razz
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:02 pm

I hit a large bucket--160 balls-- over period of about two hours. The wind was swirling and not helping. The range balls were all pretty much veterans of at least three or four seasons and were cold and damp. The range mats were cold and damp. Most of the balls I hit were with irons and I think I totally mis-hit about three of them. As far as distance, I really couldn't tell because the bright hazy air and my sh*tty eyesite combined to blind me to almost every shot over 75-90 yards but I could see them reach their apex. This is very good for me since I've never hit irons off rubber mats well at all but with my modified swing which is sort of rotary with the ball played forward with the hand action taken out of the equation, I was making good contact. Of course (thanks, Larry) good impact depends on turning all the way through the shot trapping the ball instead of using conscious hand action to strike it. I mis-hit several hybrid and 3 wood shots off the rubber but the driver I just re-shafted was pretty nice. The Matrix Xcon shaft made for Tit feels like it is about perfect for the DComp head and the stiff flex didn't bother me at all. I could hit it high intentionally and low intentionally and I hit no pulls with it which is about a first for me. Time will tell. Mongrel out.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am

Mostly German wrote:I hit a large bucket--160 balls-- over period of about two hours. The wind was swirling and not helping. The range balls were all pretty much veterans of at least three or four seasons and were cold and damp. The range mats were cold and damp. Most of the balls I hit were with irons and I think I totally mis-hit about three of them. As far as distance, I really couldn't tell because the bright hazy air and my sh*tty eyesite combined to blind me to almost every shot over 75-90 yards but I could see them reach their apex. This is very good for me since I've never hit irons off rubber mats well at all but with my modified swing which is sort of rotary with the ball played forward with the hand action taken out of the equation, I was making good contact. Of course (thanks, Larry) good impact depends on turning all the way through the shot trapping the ball instead of using conscious hand action to strike it. I mis-hit several hybrid and 3 wood shots off the rubber but the driver I just re-shafted was pretty nice. The Matrix Xcon shaft made for Tit feels like it is about perfect for the DComp head and the stiff flex didn't bother me at all. I could hit it high intentionally and low intentionally and I hit no pulls with it which is about a first for me. Time will tell. Mongrel out.

I had three drivers in the bag today-the Ping Anser w/ Diamana Ahina S, Titleist 909 D3 with Voodoo S and the Bridgestone J40 with Project X 5.5. The J40 was hit once and that was enough-a high fade that went nowhere, an indication for me that the shaft is too whippy. The Ping Anser didn't feel quite right but on one of them I hit a monster driver. The 909 D3 is good but really no better than the 983e and less controllable. It doesn't feel as good either and feels like I never quite hit the sweet spot. The 983e is going back in the bag.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:50 am

Been away for a week.

Finally broke Par for the first time ever last weekend. I shot a 71 with 3x3putts, and 8 birdie putts left short... The greens where horifically slow. I have started practising an agressive chipping motion and it is paying off quite good.

Today I am taking my 909D3 8.5 degree into the shop to take my Krank driver's shaft a xxx-stiff House of forged LT shaft and placing it in the head of the 909D3. I need to swing easier and require the lower trajectory.

Other news for the Hoing part... I WON a box of Taylormade Penta TP5.... I DONT LIKE TAYLORMADE that much. But using my first brand new penta I shot the 71... Like the score but wish it was rather a different ball I shot that with.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:54 am

Fluffy wrote:Been away for a week.

Finally broke Par for the first time ever last weekend. I shot a 71 with 3x3putts, and 8 birdie putts left short... The greens where horifically slow. I have started practising an agressive chipping motion and it is paying off quite good.

Today I am taking my 909D3 8.5 degree into the shop to take my Krank driver's shaft a xxx-stiff House of forged LT shaft and placing it in the head of the 909D3. I need to swing easier and require the lower trajectory.

Other news for the Hoing part... I WON a box of Taylormade Penta TP5.... I DONT LIKE TAYLORMADE that much. But using my first brand new penta I shot the 71... Like the score but wish it was rather a different ball I shot that with.

So went to the golf shop and turned out my driver shafts have different tips. So that plan is down the drain.
    Did however come across a centre shafted putter which I have been dieing to try although dont want to $100 for it. got one lying around with an extra big grip for only $22. Just had to take it...measures nicely at my lenght and the grip will take some getting used to,but I have been wanting to try one. This is a smaller mullet Tiger Shark Putter #8.....Should be better then my current Pinseeker putter where the shaft's silver is coming off..lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:45 pm