The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+4
jt1135
Golfaholic
Playa Hata
FamousDavis
8 posters

How will Tiger play in 2013?

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

How will Tiger play in 2013? Empty How will Tiger play in 2013?

Post  FamousDavis Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:40 pm

I'm thinking this is the year that Tiger will win two majors and 5 regular season tournaments. He is healthy, he's got a few wins under his belt and he's currently #3 in the world. The Mayans were incorrect and now 2013 is indeed going to take place. Mark my words...this is Tiger's year.

Playa Hata
    Playa Hata

How will Tiger play in 2013? Empty Re: How will Tiger play in 2013?

Post  Playa Hata Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:35 pm

I'll give him one major and 4 total victories. Rory's the top dog now, but it would be nice if Tiger made it a legitimate rivalry before he fades away.
    Golfaholic

Post  Golfaholic Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:56 pm

5 Wins, no Majors.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:47 am

Who really gives a rats ass!!!!!
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:05 am

Hopefully Tiger would move from a pshycological point of view to "Dont give a sh!t" & "Go for it on every shot" & "Where my biches at"....

I see Tiger has been getting better since he started playing dangerously again. I love the hype around Tiger. This Rory McIlroy irishman is boring...The most exciting thing about him in the newspaper is his girlfriend...

I like Luke Donald as well for reasons I myself dont understand,probably his attitude more then anything else to do with his game, and would love to see a 12 month Rivalry between Tiger & Luke...

I find Rory disrespectfull to the game of golf. He has a "dont give a sh!t" attitude,but more towards just getting the round done and dusted. Tiger creates memories on his good shots...
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:54 am

Fluffy wrote:Hopefully Tiger would move from a pshycological point of view to "Dont give a sh!t" & "Go for it on every shot" & "Where my biches at"....

I see Tiger has been getting better since he started playing dangerously again. I love the hype around Tiger. This Rory McIlroy irishman is boring...The most exciting thing about him in the newspaper is his girlfriend...

I like Luke Donald as well for reasons I myself dont understand,probably his attitude more then anything else to do with his game, and would love to see a 12 month Rivalry between Tiger & Luke...

I find Rory disrespectfull to the game of golf. He has a "dont give a sh!t" attitude,but more towards just getting the round done and dusted. Tiger creates memories on his good shots...
    I just think McIlroy is a bit immature, not necessarily disrespectful. I heard he got engaged. That has to be the second worst decision of his life. His worst decision is obviously going with Nike.
    Now Donald is a guy I find boring. He has to be be the weakest #1 the OWGR has ever produced. He just doesn't seem to have a dominant A game. There are a dozen or more guys who can light it up when they get on a roll, but Donald is not one of them. Just a top 10 machine.
    I think that Nicolas Colsaerts is primed to make a big move in the rankings this year.
    Tiger will have a good year. He is done winning 9 times, but I think he'll win as much as last year, but add either a major or one of those WGC events.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 am

FamousDavis wrote:I'm thinking this is the year that Tiger will win two majors and 5 regular season tournaments. He is healthy, he's got a few wins under his belt and he's currently #3 in the world. The Mayans were incorrect and now 2013 is indeed going to take place. Mark my words...this is Tiger's year.

Once Tiger got his SEX back, he would win at least one major in 2013
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:15 am

Horseballs wrote:
    Fluffy wrote:Hopefully Tiger would move from a pshycological point of view to "Dont give a sh!t" & "Go for it on every shot" & "Where my biches at"....

I just think McIlroy is a bit immature, not necessarily disrespectful. I heard he got engaged. That has to be the second worst decision of his life. His worst decision is obviously going with Nike.
    Now Donald is a guy I find boring. He has to be be the weakest #1 the OWGR has ever produced. He just doesn't seem to have a dominant A game. There are a dozen or more guys who can light it up when they get on a roll, but Donald is not one of them. Just a top 10 machine.
    I think that Nicolas Colsaerts is primed to make a big move in the rankings this year.
    Tiger will have a good year. He is done winning 9 times, but I think he'll win as much as last year, but add either a major or one of those WGC events.

It was always funny to me. In the 1st rounds of each tournament one would see Colsaerts ontop of the leader board with 65s 66s, but in the 3rd round he would dissapear from the leaderboard completely, this happenend most of the times. Thumbs up to any golfer that gets out of the hat and stirs sh!t up
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 am

I think that Tiger may very welll win another major this year. Maybe Augusta. Maybe Muirfield. Merion will be a real tough girl for him. I like Luke Donald there. It will be interesting to see how Rory plays with his new kit. In several interviews recently, no one who defected from Titleist has given ringing endorsements of the new checkmark stuff.

Now Tiger and Rory certainly have enough brains to do well this year. The first evidence is that both of them skipped the tourney of champs over there on the island that I refer to as "Florida With Topography."
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:02 pm

Mostly German wrote:I think that Tiger may very welll win another major this year. Maybe Augusta. Maybe Muirfield. Merion will be a real tough girl for him. I like Luke Donald there. It will be interesting to see how Rory plays with his new kit. In several interviews recently, no one who defected from Titleist has given ringing endorsements of the new checkmark stuff.

Now Tiger and Rory certainly have enough brains to do well this year. The first evidence is that both of them skipped the tourney of champs over there on the island that I refer to as "Florida With Topography."

I agree with HB about Rory going with Nike. To me, it's one of the stupidest decisions that I've ever seen in golf. I don't care what people say, changing equipment is a huge deal. Especially with the driver. I have tried many drivers and there are huge differences in performance. It's not just the shaft that makes the difference.

Here's a question. Why not stick to the same equipment that won him the last major where he played the best golf of his life? Just think how good he would be if he stuck with the same equipment for the next 20 years and became overly familiar with it?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Rory's real young and has that big head. The ego tells him that with his talents, it doesn't matter what clubs he is bagging. I think that the ball may be a bigger problem than the clubs. Of course, then, there's all that money. I thought that Nick Watney's non-answers to questions about his switch to Nike were worthy of all 10's on Dancing With the Star.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:39 pm

Mostly German wrote:Rory's real young and has that big head. The ego tells him that with his talents, it doesn't matter what clubs he is bagging. I think that the ball may be a bigger problem than the clubs. Of course, then, there's all that money. I thought that Nick Watney's non-answers to questions about his switch to Nike were worthy of all 10's on Dancing With the Star.

I think Watney made a mistake as well but I agree with not answering questions.

This is how I see McElroy's career unfolding over the next 60 years:

Age 23 to 30: Wins 5 majors and 25 other PGA tournaments. A true superstar. Married, has kids, seems happy.

Age 30 to 35: Has injuries and gains weight. Wins one major. The frizzy hair no longer looks cool. Seems a bit too much into his cups. Marriage problems are hinted at in the tabloids.

Age 35 to 40: Gains more weight, has more injuries and wins no majors. Wins a few PGA tournaments. Gets divorced. Wife points at boyish, barroom-type behavior for the separation.

Age 40 to 50: Divorced by now. Back with Titleist and appears in Slim Fast commericals. All sponsors slither away.

Age 50: A Champions tour hanger-on who ocassionally loops for guys who never made it on the PGA Tour but suddenly found their form on the Champions Tour. No longer speaking with McDowel or Poulter. Tiger sends him a Christmas card ever year with only the words "How 'bout those Nike clubs?".

Age 60: Portly, out of shape with knee problems. Talks incessantly about the merits of Irish beer. Incoherent most of the time.

Age 70: Ocassionally seen wandering the streets of Ireland talking about his golf victories as a youngster. Nobody knows who he is and wish the old cog would be put out of his misery.

Age 75: Gravestone reads: Here lies Rory in the shade. He could have won more but went with a Nike blade.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:36 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:Rory's real young and has that big head. The ego tells him that with his talents, it doesn't matter what clubs he is bagging. I think that the ball may be a bigger problem than the clubs. Of course, then, there's all that money. I thought that Nick Watney's non-answers to questions about his switch to Nike were worthy of all 10's on Dancing With the Star.

I think Watney made a mistake as well but I agree with not answering questions.

This is how I see McElroy's career unfolding over the next 60 years:

Age 23 to 30: Wins 5 majors and 25 other PGA tournaments. A true superstar. Married, has kids, seems happy.

Age 30 to 35: Has injuries and gains weight. Wins one major. The frizzy hair no longer looks cool. Seems a bit too much into his cups. Marriage problems are hinted at in the tabloids.

Age 35 to 40: Gains more weight, has more injuries and wins no majors. Wins a few PGA tournaments. Gets divorced. Wife points at boyish, barroom-type behavior for the separation.

Age 40 to 50: Divorced by now. Back with Titleist and appears in Slim Fast commericals. All sponsors slither away.

Age 50: A Champions tour hanger-on who ocassionally loops for guys who never made it on the PGA Tour but suddenly found their form on the Champions Tour. No longer speaking with McDowel or Poulter. Tiger sends him a Christmas card ever year with only the words "How 'bout those Nike clubs?".

Age 60: Portly, out of shape with knee problems. Talks incessantly about the merits of Irish beer. Incoherent most of the time.

Age 70: Ocassionally seen wandering the streets of Ireland talking about his golf victories as a youngster. Nobody knows who he is and wish the old cog would be put out of his misery.

Age 75: Gravestone reads: Here lies Rory in the shade. He could have won more but went with a Nike blade.

I have had one range session with nike VRII blades before...I would love to buy a set but the Nike stock in SA is not that big,the shops have to phone around to find a set, apparently Nike is not that big here. Taylormade has the complete market share in SA.

Actually the Mizuno mp69s are just as small as the Nike VRII MB blades.Off all the clubs I have seen Nike and Cleveland has the smallest MB blade on tour...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:13 pm