The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

Nickent 2H/17* hybrid w/ ProForce V2 Stiff Shaft

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Nickent 2H/17* hybrid w/ ProForce V2 Stiff Shaft Empty Nickent 2H/17* hybrid w/ ProForce V2 Stiff Shaft

Post  Pky6471 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:25 am

Just got this Nickent 3DX Ironwood DC Hybrid W/ Heacover (2/17* - UST Proforce V2 Stiff Shaft) on eBay last night for less than $15 (shipping included). I don't need another 2H since I hit my current Adams Tech OS 2H/17* (Graphic design 6 hybrid shaft) very well. here is a chance for me to test the ProForce V2 shaft. I had a Nickent gaybrid before, like the head but not the OEM shaft so I gave it to my Bro... I am hoping that this 2H gaybrid would bring ball trajectory down somewhat compared to my Adams Tech OS

[img]Nickent 2H/17* hybrid w/ ProForce V2 Stiff Shaft T2ec1612[/img]
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Nickent 2H/17* hybrid w/ ProForce V2 Stiff Shaft Empty Re: Nickent 2H/17* hybrid w/ ProForce V2 Stiff Shaft

Post  Mongrel Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:38 am

I got one of those several months ago at a Play It Again for around $15 with the stiff UST made-for-Nickent shaft. I hit three balls with it and immediately pulled the shaft and put a V2 84 gram regular flex shaft that had been in a Taylormade Rescue Mid. It improved it somewhat but I think that head is relatively unforgiving and sits maybe a bit open so that well-struck shots tend to go right. I doubt if it will make it into my bag because the Cleveland Titanium Launcher 5 wood seems to be much better for me off fairway and low tee.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Nickent 2H/17* hybrid w/ ProForce V2 Stiff Shaft Empty Re: Nickent 2H/17* hybrid w/ ProForce V2 Stiff Shaft

Post  Pky6471 Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Mostly German wrote:I got one of those several months ago at a Play It Again for around $15 with the stiff UST made-for-Nickent shaft. I hit three balls with it and immediately pulled the shaft and put a V2 84 gram regular flex shaft that had been in a Taylormade Rescue Mid. It improved it somewhat but I think that head is relatively unforgiving and sits maybe a bit open so that well-struck shots tend to go right. I doubt if it will make it into my bag because the Cleveland Titanium Launcher 5 wood seems to be much better for me off fairway and low tee.

Mongrel... something came up so I could not play today but I found time and went to a local range and tested this club vs. my Adams tech OS 2H... both are 17*, ProForce V2 S-flex vs Graphic Design 6 hybrid shaft. Absolutely the S-flex bring trajectory down to my liking and distance is about the same with added benefit of tighter ball dispersion... I don't have SS for S-flex but sh$$$t it works for me and I don't have to kill a ball... So, my hypothesis is that if I cut my current Adams gaybrid 1/2 at the tip then I would make it stiffer (?) and bring its trajectory down (?)... What do U think (and other Pros out there)?. I called my PGA professional at Dicks for his opinion but he's off today. I will contact him again tomorrow

Thanks guys/girls/AC-DC
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Tipping that shaft one half inch should make it slightly stiffer and bring the trajectory down. Or you could just play the Nickent. One manufacturer's stiff is another's limp dick.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Tipping that shaft one half inch should make it slightly stiffer and bring the trajectory down. Or you could just play the Nickent. One manufacturer's stiff is another's limp dick.
    jetdriver
    jetdriver

Post  jetdriver Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:26 pm

I recently put a Nickent 3/20* 3DX Aldila NV Hybrid 75-R in my bag. Awesome club. Straight as an arrow!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:42 am