The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

What is your favorite graphite shaft for your driver and 3W/ 5W?

Pky6471
    Pky6471

What is your favorite graphite shaft for your driver and 3W/ 5W? Empty What is your favorite graphite shaft for your driver and 3W/ 5W?

Post  Pky6471 Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:00 am

I don't know any better....
    I like Aldila NV green... I tried Aldila NVS but never care for it
    I like Graphic Design YS-6+

Some OEM shafts work well for me in 3W and 5W, especially Fuji shafts

I play R-flex... Old man sucks big time Sad
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

What is your favorite graphite shaft for your driver and 3W/ 5W? Empty Re: What is your favorite graphite shaft for your driver and 3W/ 5W?

Post  12pierogi Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:45 am

Pky6471 wrote:I don't know any better....
    I like Aldila NV green... I tried Aldila NVS but never care for it
    I like Graphic Design YS-6+

Some OEM shafts work well for me in 3W and 5W, especially Fuji shafts

I play R-flex... Old man sucks big time Sad

I can play the nv green, and get some distance from it. But it's a noodle, and all over the place.

I kind of like a proforce V2 and the fujikura fit on e360.

I struggle with some diamana shafts, not sure why. I had an old Tm r7 with Fuji speeder 757 I think, that felt like a board.

I had a Ozik x7m2 ltd a 1,000 dollar retail shaft, that came in a tour b stamped r7 tp driver. Not for my swing.

I've got a rombax shaft in a old r7 I absolutely adore, and had a rombax 6x07 in one of my Nickents that was good as it gets, till I let my brother borrow it and he broke it. I go that's a 200 hundred dollar shaft. He's like sorry.
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

What is your favorite graphite shaft for your driver and 3W/ 5W? Empty Re: What is your favorite graphite shaft for your driver and 3W/ 5W?

Post  Lord Helmet Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:58 am

Favorite graphite shaft for me is the ProLaunch R or the Graphite Design YS6. Both in S flex. The ProLaunch is a firmer more stout shaft, I should prolly have an R flex in that one.

Ive wanted to try out the Graphite Design Tour AD, but at $300, Im afraid I will love it and then have to buy and install one....

I usually dont get on well with stock offerings, but my G20 driver has the stock shaft. It is made by Graphite Design and feels alot like the YS6 to me. So I kept it installed. I like the high balance point.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:15 pm

I replaced both my driver and 3w shafts with Aldila Serrano 65 & 75 shafts. I did this after trying a friends driver with this shaft. It's the only aftermarket shaft I have ever tried. It works for me. I hit much straighter than before. Not sure if I gave up any distance, but I'd rather be on the fairway than in the woods/water albino
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:57 pm

jmtbkr wrote:I replaced both my driver and 3w shafts with Aldila Serrano 65 & 75 shafts. I did this after trying a friends driver with this shaft. It's the only aftermarket shaft I have ever tried. It works for me. I hit much straighter than before. Not sure if I gave up any distance, but I'd rather be on the fairway than in the woods/water albino

You need to post more. I enjoy the avatar! Cool
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:50 pm

just for you.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Still trying to find one I can hit reliably in a 3 wood. Latest experiment as of two days ago was to put a tipped NVS 65 regular flex into my Sonartec SS 2.5 14* head. Due to work requirements and lack of extended daylight, will have to wait until tomorrow to hit it.

As for drivers, my favorites are real cheap shafts that work real good. The most I have paid for a driver shaft was about $60 for a pair of V2's. My favorite setup in a Tit borethough head that produced my longest drives in the past 20 years was a V2 65 gram regular installed all the way through in a 907D2 10.5* head at 45". I made the mistake of cutting a half inch off the butt and it was no longer as good and then it snapped at the hosel.

I found a UST AXIV Blue 59 regular brand new un-cut at Golf Galaxy for $9.97. Somebody made a mistake because that was an $89.95 shaft. I put it in the D2 and then, after I got my 909 DComp, tipped it two inches and stuck it in that and played it for the second half of this past golf season. It was the most reliable big stick I've had in years. But I wanted a little more so I recently found an Aldila VooDoo 65 gram regular flex that had been pulled at a golf components and repair store and I got it for $15. Now this was originally a $299 shaft when they came out and now Aldila has dropped the price to $199. I've not played with it yet but the few balls I hit felt more solid than the AXIV.

Of course I'm always on the lookout for expensive shafts at deeply discounted prices. I have a laundry list of ones I'd like to try in the 909 DComp head including a regular flex ultra light RIP, a Project X 5.5, one of those Miyazaki's, some sort of Accra etc etc. There are some Fuji shafts I am curous about also but am really interested only in sub-60 gram driver shafts.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:47 am