The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+5
FamousDavis
Poe4soul
Fluffy
Kiwigolfer
Homeslice
9 posters

Tiger must be off the 'roids.

Homeslice
    Homeslice

Tiger must be off the 'roids. Empty Tiger must be off the 'roids.

Post  Homeslice Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Tiger is looking thinner and less bulky nowadays. It's strange how it coincided with PED testing.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Tiger must be off the 'roids. Empty Re: Tiger must be off the 'roids.

Post  Kiwigolfer Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:04 am

I suppose you're one of those haters that think Lance Armstrong is guilty too.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:03 am

There must be something with the both of you commenting about another man's physique or performance....

I'll leave you to it.... Evil or Very Mad
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Homeslice wrote:Tiger is looking thinner and less bulky nowadays. It's strange how it coincided with PED testing.

And to fake a knee injury just to allow a length hiatus to ensure he was clean. It's just further evidence of how dirty he was. f'ing cheat!

In all seriousness, if Tiger failed a drug test it would have grave consequences for him and all of PGA. I'm sure PGA would work with Tiger to get a clean test just like they did with lance.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Tiger must be off the 'roids. Empty If Tiger were playing...

Post  FamousDavis Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:07 pm

I mentioned this idea before. Since Tiger doesn't play in that many tournaments I think the ones he doesn't play in should superimpose Tiger on the screen and have a special section of the broadcast titled "What would Tiger have done?". The analysts could speculate as to where Tiger would be on the leaderboard relative to the rest of the field.

For example, let's say we're watching Zach Johnson on a Par 5 at the Shell Open. The announcer could say "On this hole, Tiger would be 40 yards ahead of Zach and would be going for it in two with his 5 wood". They would superimpose Tiger on the screen and show him hitting 5 wood onto the green and the crowd cheering.

Then they'd go back to filming Zach and say "meanwhile, Zach just laid up".
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:22 pm

I think that the PGA should have forced the threesome ahead of the last group yesterday to take Meth so that they would finish before dark on the west coast and before the start of "Jeopardy" where I live.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Mostly German wrote:I think that the PGA should have forced the threesome ahead of the last group yesterday to take Meth so that they would finish before dark on the west coast and before the start of "Jeopardy" where I live.
    "I'll take famous titties, for $100."
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:29 pm

Mostly German wrote:I think that the PGA should have forced the threesome ahead of the last group yesterday to take Meth so that they would finish before dark on the west coast and before the start of "Jeopardy" where I live.

what do U think... Tiger got his sex back, chemically balanced now so he will win one major this year disappointed
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 pm

jmtbkr wrote:
    "I'll take famous titties, for $100."
    OK, for one hundred dollars... This 1968 cinema blockbuster was famous for the scene where the blond Swedish actress was told by her male co-star, "Get your tits out of my MG." Thirty seconds....
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:40 pm

I don't think Tiger is anywhere near back. He can't hit a fairway and he was lucky he didn't have another 9 to play because he was in full choke mode. Put him on a course where there is trouble off the tee, and he misses the cut, like in Dubai. Of course, with the way he handpicks his schedule, he won't actually play any tight courses until the US Open, where he will struggle mightily.

I also have some thoughts about the Washington Huskies. I hate them.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:37 am

Horseballs wrote:I don't think Tiger is anywhere near back. He can't hit a fairway and he was lucky he didn't have another 9 to play because he was in full choke mode. Put him on a course where there is trouble off the tee, and he misses the cut, like in Dubai. Of course, with the way he handpicks his schedule, he won't actually play any tight courses until the US Open, where he will struggle mightily.

Actually, I kind of agree. Tiger should have finished that Tournament with a 10 shot lead. Instead, he nearly imploded with 6 holes to go. His driver always seems to get worse as the round progresses. I wish he would ditch that lame arse driver. I saw that same driver, the Nike VR Pro, in a shop yesterday. It came equipped with that black Diamana 'Ahina' shaft in stiff. Nice looking and I hit it quite well but the forgiveness was not there.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:29 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:I don't think Tiger is anywhere near back. He can't hit a fairway and he was lucky he didn't have another 9 to play because he was in full choke mode. Put him on a course where there is trouble off the tee, and he misses the cut, like in Dubai. Of course, with the way he handpicks his schedule, he won't actually play any tight courses until the US Open, where he will struggle mightily.

Actually, I kind of agree. Tiger should have finished that Tournament with a 10 shot lead. Instead, he nearly imploded with 6 holes to go. His driver always seems to get worse as the round progresses. I wish he would ditch that lame arse driver. I saw that same driver, the Nike VR Pro, in a shop yesterday. It came equipped with that black Diamana 'Ahina' shaft in stiff. Nice looking and I hit it quite well but the forgiveness was not there.

Put a decent aftermarket x stiff in there and see the low fades consistently going the same no matter where you hit it on the face...I saw yesterday "in the bag:tiger" that he plays a GraphiteDesign 66.5g ,High launching shaft... Isnt that a little to weak for Tiger and his aggresive swing,on a easy swing it would be enoug...Not when you are confident and start putting more into it,could be why he is missing to the left as well.....This was on the golf channel:

Resources:

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/equipment-insider/whats-in-the-bag-woods-wood/

The Shaft:

http://www.proschoicegolfshafts.com/shafts/tour-ad-di/overview
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:35 pm

That shaft looks like it specs out around 3.3* of torque and has a mid kick point in X flex. Of course you don't know if his guy tipped it before insertion but whatever it looks pretty flexible for someone of his abilities. Now he may be using this to go easy on his left knee. But it would seem that that shaft would be too whippy for a pounder like you not to mention the future World #1. If I were Tiger, I might try one of those Inventix Nunchuk shafts like Jhonnaton Vegas uses. They are designed with very stiff tips and butts and a flexible middle and are counter-balanced and designed to play about 44.5" weighing about 95 grams or maybe a bit more. That would straighten his ass out right away.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:25 pm

Mostly German wrote:That shaft looks like it specs out around 3.3* of torque and has a mid kick point in X flex. Of course you don't know if his guy tipped it before insertion but whatever it looks pretty flexible for someone of his abilities. Now he may be using this to go easy on his left knee. But it would seem that that shaft would be too whippy for a pounder like you not to mention the future World #1. If I were Tiger, I might try one of those Inventix Nunchuk shafts like Jhonnaton Vegas uses. They are designed with very stiff tips and butts and a flexible middle and are counter-balanced and designed to play about 44.5" weighing about 95 grams or maybe a bit more. That would straighten his ass out right away.
    To my eye, it looks like a swing problem with Tiger. You can always tell when he's going to hit it way right because he does a little spin out move and his right shoulder is too high. Looks like a slice swing that only happens with his driver. If he could just pretend he has a 3 wood in his hands, he'd be unstoppable.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:36 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:That shaft looks like it specs out around 3.3* of torque and has a mid kick point in X flex. Of course you don't know if his guy tipped it before insertion but whatever it looks pretty flexible for someone of his abilities. Now he may be using this to go easy on his left knee. But it would seem that that shaft would be too whippy for a pounder like you not to mention the future World #1. If I were Tiger, I might try one of those Inventix Nunchuk shafts like Jhonnaton Vegas uses. They are designed with very stiff tips and butts and a flexible middle and are counter-balanced and designed to play about 44.5" weighing about 95 grams or maybe a bit more. That would straighten his ass out right away.
    To my eye, it looks like a swing problem with Tiger. You can always tell when he's going to hit it way right because he does a little spin out move and his right shoulder is too high. Looks like a slice swing that only happens with his driver. If he could just pretend he has a 3 wood in his hands, he'd be unstoppable.

Just based on various reports, he's got Mitsu Blueboard shafts in his fairway woods that are 103 gram shafts. And a 66.5 gram shaft in his driver. Even an old worthless chopper like me knows that the difference is so much that you are going to hit the driver great and the fairway woods like crap or vice versa. Sergio plays the heavy shafts in his driver and fairway woods and he seems to be able to find just about every fairway or first cut these days. Of course since Tiger has finally started spending adequate time on short game practice and is getting it dialed in, he probably could care less about finding fairways. Those last ten holes this past Monday looked like he was just play-practicing his scrambling.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:37 pm