The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+3
FamousDavis
Mongrel
Playa Hata
7 posters

I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

Playa Hata
    Playa Hata

I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver Empty I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

Post  Playa Hata Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 pm

What do you think NN2 would think of this beauty? Is that the Death Star on the bottom?

I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver TaylorMadeLaunch_r640x320
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver Empty Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

Post  Mongrel Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 pm

I saw it in a very recent print ad and the head looked a lot better than the pure white one. And a very recent TV spot featuring none other than Dustin Johnson addorned with face paint in the new Taylor driver motif. I think that face paint would be good for him on Tour this year since he seems to go all Davis Love #3 from time to time when he is leading or contending on Sunday and needs to snap out of his Fred (a Cockney-ism for our Brit friends) and get his Warrior ethos on.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver Empty Re: I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver

Post  Mongrel Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:37 pm

And speaking of Nifty, if he is still alive he's got to be lurking out there. Maybe is someone started a thread in the Non-Golf section entitled something like "Communists are Faeries" or "Commies Suck Real Bad" or "Unions are for Mongoloids" or something subtle like that he would be forced to show his hand and participate. Under a pseudonym of course. "Pseudo" being relative considering the setting.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:58 pm

Personally, I don't like the look of new RBZ or R series drivers. However, I have no doubt both drivers will be in high demand by those in denial who feel they are destined to discover another 5 yards in distance through the purchase of the latest Taylormade driver.

It's interesting. I played today with two guys who had the latest TM drivers. One had the RBZ Tour and the other had the R11-S. The RBZ is slightly longer in length than the R11s but not by much. I asked one guy if I could take a look at his R11s, he obliged and I then put my driver (Titleist 983e 8.5) next to it. They are exactly the same length but, to me, mine looks much easier to swing. No comparison, actually.

Both of these guys were handicappers in the 10 to 12 range and I think the course was too much for them at 6,700 yards. One thing I have noticed with the longer-shafted, 460cc drivers is that the average player seems to swipe at the ball with them. It's almost as if the head/shaft combination makes it very difficult for the average player to keep the club on plane and make an efficient stroke.

I am by no means long and I was out driving them both all day long. I was also hitting much better drives than the last time I had played the course.

Take it from someone who has owned and demoed many of the latest, high-tech 460cc drivers. My experience over the last 6 months is that a smaller head driver will deliver superior results with no loss in distance. I'm talking about drivers introduced after 2003. For example, my experience has shown that the Cleveland Launcher 400cc, Titleist 983e and 905s are just as long as anything I've hit.

Something to consider.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:18 am

Playa Hata wrote:What do you think NN2 would think of this beauty? Is that the Death Star on the bottom?

I introduce you to the new Taylormade R1 Driver TaylorMadeLaunch_r640x320

I am sure some will spend money on this, especially my golf colleague from Taiwan... Me? it's waste of money. I don't buy "band-aid"
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:08 pm

It seems like a step backwards to me. Actually 10 steps backward.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:39 pm

I was wondering what the next model would be. Following the R5, 7, 9 & 11 the next natural progression would be R13 but of course nobody would buy that.

I think I will hold out for the R3 series. I hear it's gonna be badass!
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:23 am

There is no such thing as a good taylormade driver....

Taylormade only caters for the average to beginner golfer.

Even there MB series in blades are crap.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 am

Kiwigolfer wrote:I was wondering what the next model would be. Following the R5, 7, 9 & 11 the next natural progression would be R13 but of course nobody would buy that.

I think I will hold out for the R3 series. I hear it's gonna be badass!

Titleist has just come out with its new 913. I was hoping they'd put out a 911 since that's about my favorite car but I guess the date scared them off.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 am

Mostly German wrote: I was hoping they'd put out a 911 since that's about my favorite car but I guess the date scared them off.

911 Car is my favorite, I just saw a new 4-door 911 Car on the way to work this morning, very kool ... I bet U could pick up lot of young puSSSy with it Evil or Very Mad
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:52 am

Pky6471 wrote:
    Mostly German wrote: I was hoping they'd put out a 911 since that's about my favorite car but I guess the date scared them off.

911 Car is my favorite, I just saw a new 4-door 911 Car on the way to work this morning, very kool ... I bet U could pick up lot of young puSSSy with it Evil or Very Mad

I'm partial to the first generation. In particular, the 1967 911S. A four door 911 is an abomination.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:40 am

Mostly German wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:

I'm partial to the first generation. In particular, the 1967 911S. A four door 911 is an abomination.

I've got a 911 knockoff. It comes in a kit and you snap it together over your Pontiac Fiat. You guys are stupid for paying for the real deal. It's just the label.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:16 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:

I've got a 911 knockoff. It comes in a kit and you snap it together over your Pontiac Fiat. You guys are stupid for paying for the real deal. It's just the label.

A Ferrari 308 or Lambo body on a Pontiac Fiero is a much better deal. Real Eyetalian sexy body with rock solid US of America dependability. That's your ride, mon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:25 pm