The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+5
FamousDavis
Lorenzzo
jt1135
Mongrel
Horseballs
9 posters

NFL 2014 - Official Thread

Mongrel
    Mongrel

NFL 2014 - Official Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL 2014 - Official Thread

Post  Mongrel Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:14 pm

The Eagles head coach must have had an intense "Come to Jesus" halftime oration because the team came out fired up for the second half. On a fourth and one near mid-field, the Eagles ran a hurry-up run for Darren Sproles catching the Jags defense off guard and not set up and Sproles ran almost 50 yards for a TD. With little more than a minute left, an Eagles defender picked up a fumble and ran it in for a TD putting the Eagles up 34 to 17. The spread was 11 or so and the Eagles covered. All the fans and some gamblers very happy.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Well, looks like B'more will be without their main running back. How can a person who's got the world by the ass, be that stupid to beat the squeeze on camera. Simple answer. DUMB ASS!!!!!!
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Well, my Viqueens really shit themselves today plus we might have seen the last of Adrian Pedersen.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:23 pm

I don't know anything about the AP story but it sounds like a disgruntled baby-mamma getting some retribution. You gots to keep them bitches in the positive cash-flow mode or they be causin' troubles. If these stars had learned the discipline of wearing rubbers or even abstenence, they would be better off.

On a positive note, a hearty congratulations to the state of Ohio with its two NFL teams coming out victorious. How about dem Browns?
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:26 am

Mongrel wrote:I don't know anything about the AP story but it sounds like a disgruntled baby-mamma getting some retribution. You gots to keep them bitches in the positive cash-flow mode or they be causin' troubles. If these stars had learned the discipline of wearing rubbers or even abstenence, they would be better off.

On a positive note, a hearty congratulations to the state of Ohio with its two NFL teams coming out victorious. How about dem Browns?
    Big test for your Eagles tonight. I believe the Colts/Luck are a bit overrated, but they do seem to play tough against tough competition. I don't trust the Colts. They seem to win a lot from behind. Yes, that could mean they are clutch, but those things have a way of leveling out over time. In fact, you can pretty much guarantee that a team who won a bunch of close games will regress the next season.
    Am I missing something with the AP story? Seems like a slippery slope to come down so hard on him. What about the hundreds of bastard children being neglected by NFL dads? At least AP cares enough to discipline at all.
    Bengals won impressively but it came at a high price. They are calling the Burfict injury a shoulder stinger, which may just a smokescreen for the fact that he came back too soon from his concussion in week 1. I don't know what is up with AJ Green's toe. I certainly don't like it. Whitworth also left the game, which is big because there are other injuries on the o-line. Just hoping to beat Tennessee next week then heal up for the early week 4 bye.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:11 am

I wouldn't worry too much about the Titans. The Redskins scored 41 on them with their back-up quarterback and after their new star #1 field-stretching Pro Bowl receiver went out with an injury in the first quarter.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:38 am

I didn't make it to the end of the game, but I had a felling the Eagles were going to win. They moved the ball very well, just couldn't get in the end zone. A problem the Bengals have been having as well.
    I am warming up to Chip Kelly's offense. I am not surprised they play well in the second half. The other team's defense must be gassed.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Is it now the regular season? How are my Seahawks doing?

Are there any other teams I should be rooting for?
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:20 am

Lorenzzo wrote:Is it now the regular season? How are my Seahawks doing?

I suppose this is the time of year I try to convince you to jump on the Bengals bandwagon. They've got to be a little bit compelling to people outside Cincinnati. Giovanni (Italian name bonus) Bernard is about as dynamic a runner as you'll see in the NFL. Truly the closest thing to Barry Sanders I've seen in a long time. AJ Green is a top 5 wideout. Dalton admittedly isn't too exciting. The defense is fantastic. The helmets are the best in the league. Jump aboard.

They are playing the Patriots in NE on Sunday night in a few weeks. If they win that game, you should really consider adopting them as your AFC team.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:54 am

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:Is it now the regular season? How are my Seahawks doing?

I suppose this is the time of year I try to convince you to jump on the Bengals bandwagon.  They've got to be a little bit compelling to people outside Cincinnati.  Giovanni (Italian name bonus) Bernard is about as dynamic a runner as you'll see in the NFL.  Truly the closest thing to Barry Sanders I've seen in a long time.  AJ Green is a top 5 wideout.  Dalton admittedly isn't too exciting.  The defense is fantastic.  The helmets are the best in the league.  Jump aboard.  

They are playing the Patriots in NE on Sunday night in a few weeks.  If they win that game, you should really consider adopting them as your AFC team.  

Well...I'm not sure I should have an AFC team. It certainly wouldn't be New England...Brady has morphed into the worst choke in sports. As an aside, never think about Brady at a key moment in golf.

OK...I'll do it. If Marvin Lewis doesn't get so out coached on Sunday in NE he loses despite his great skill talent, I am and always have been a life long Bengals fan.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:06 am

The Bengals dominate the hapless Titans yesterday. Watching the Titans, I was reminded of the Bengals in years past. Inferior talent, horrible execution and play calling, and bad luck just for good measure.

Mongrel's Eagles and my (and Zo's?) Bengals are undefeated. The Cardinals are the other undefeated team, but they will certainly lose soon once Carson Palmer comes back from injury.

I'm hoping for an arrest-less bye week for the Bengals. If they beat the Patriots in Foxboro, I'm all in on the Bengals. Demons will have become officially exorcised.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:33 am

Horseballs wrote:The Bengals dominate the hapless Titans yesterday.  Watching the Titans, I was reminded of the Bengals in years past.  Inferior talent, horrible execution and play calling, and bad luck just for good measure.  

Mongrel's Eagles and my (and Zo's?) Bengals are undefeated.  The Cardinals are the other undefeated team, but they will certainly lose soon once Carson Palmer comes back from injury.  

I'm hoping for an arrest-less bye week for the Bengals.  If they beat the Patriots in Foxboro, I'm all in on the Bengals.  Demons will have become officially exorcised.  

As a chronic bet hedger, I'm not going anywhere on my Seahawks, even though it took overtime to overcome the Peyton Manning choke in the clutch Broncos.

As an aside, I love the way Manning furiously flipped over page photos of the Seahawks defense which had magically tricked him into throwing into triple coverage in the red zone as they were trying to come from behind with several minutes left in regulation. "Is the camera on me? Ok, can everyone see my visual excuse?" Peyton, you forced it into triple coverage, it wasn't a brilliant new defense...you choked again.

But all that said, I'm taking the Bengals destruction of the mighty Titans, the upcoming dismantling of the now awful Brady led Pats who struggled to beat the Raiders (yes the Raiders) and going all in on the Bengals too. GO BENGALS!!!!! As long as all in doesn't mean I can't keep rooting for my Seahawks.

GO BENGALS!!!!

Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:20 am

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:The Bengals dominate the hapless Titans yesterday.  Watching the Titans, I was reminded of the Bengals in years past.  Inferior talent, horrible execution and play calling, and bad luck just for good measure.  

Mongrel's Eagles and my (and Zo's?) Bengals are undefeated.  The Cardinals are the other undefeated team, but they will certainly lose soon once Carson Palmer comes back from injury.  

I'm hoping for an arrest-less bye week for the Bengals.  If they beat the Patriots in Foxboro, I'm all in on the Bengals.  Demons will have become officially exorcised.  

As a chronic bet hedger, I'm not going anywhere on my Seahawks, even though it took overtime to overcome the Peyton Manning choke in the clutch Broncos.  

As an aside, I love the way Manning furiously flipped over page photos of the Seahawks defense which had magically tricked him into throwing into triple coverage in the red zone as they were trying to come from behind with several minutes left in regulation.  "Is the camera on me?  Ok, can everyone see my visual excuse?"  Peyton, you forced it into triple coverage, it wasn't a brilliant new defense...you choked again.

But all that said, I'm taking the Bengals destruction of the mighty Titans, the upcoming dismantling of the now awful Brady led Pats who struggled to beat the Raiders (yes the Raiders) and going all in on the Bengals too.   GO BENGALS!!!!!  As long as all in doesn't mean I can't keep rooting for my Seahawks.

GO BENGALS!!!!

Of course you can maintain your rooting interest in the Seahawks. The Bengals certainly aren't going to put any stipulations on whoever chooses to back them. Can I ask just one favor? Can you start hating the Steelers? They are pretty hateable anyhow, but it goes with the territory when you're a Bengals fan.

I have been an ardent supporter of Richard Sherman since day one.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:

As an aside, I love the way Manning furiously flipped over page photos of the Seahawks defense which had magically tricked him into throwing into triple coverage in the red zone as they were trying to come from behind with several minutes left in regulation.  "Is the camera on me?  Ok, can everyone see my visual excuse?"  Peyton, you forced it into triple coverage, it wasn't a brilliant new defense...you choked again.

But all that said, I'm taking the Bengals destruction of the mighty Titans, the upcoming dismantling of the now awful Brady led Pats who struggled to beat the Raiders (yes the Raiders) and going all in on the Bengals too.   GO BENGALS!!!!!  As long as all in doesn't mean I can't keep rooting for my Seahawks.

GO BENGALS!!!!

Of course you can maintain your rooting interest in the Seahawks.  The Bengals certainly aren't going to put any stipulations on whoever chooses to back them.  Can I ask just one favor?  Can you start hating the Steelers?  They are pretty hateable anyhow, but it goes with the territory when you're a Bengals fan.  

Hey...I've hated the Steelers since long before Rapeandbugger...ever since LC Greenwood picked up a friend of mine hitch hiking. Doesn't everybody outside of Pittsburgh hate the Steelers? I would think the bandwagon has been cleared for some time.

Sherman sure is cashing in on his flamboyance. Smart guy who knows how to work the system well.

What I find funny is the acceptance and in fact adulation of the violence of NFL football in conjunction with the shock and horror over how players rewarded for violence on the field behave off it.

Sometimes the stupidity of America is beyond calculation. Another example is how ISIS can kill a few journalists who willingly put their own lives at risk by heading deep into a hazard and bait the United States into a military conflict costing untold money and lives and in the process furthering their goals and distancing ours.

Assuming that our goal is fewest lives lost and access to oil along with oh yes making the world safer for our children. Then there's Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam where collectively we accomplished nothing well costing incalculable damage to ourselves. And we never learn.

My God are we ever every fucking stupid.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:30 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:

GO BENGALS!!!!

Of course you can maintain your rooting interest in the Seahawks.  The Bengals certainly aren't going to put any stipulations on whoever chooses to back them.  Can I ask just one favor?  Can you start hating the Steelers?  They are pretty hateable anyhow, but it goes with the territory when you're a Bengals fan.  

Hey...I've hated the Steelers since long before Rapeandbugger...ever since LC Greenwood picked up a friend of mine hitch hiking. Doesn't everybody outside of Pittsburgh hate the Steelers? I would think the bandwagon has been cleared for some time.

Sherman sure is cashing in on his flamboyance. Smart guy who knows how to work the system well.

What I find funny is the acceptance and in fact adulation of the violence of NFL football in conjunction with the shock and horror over how players rewarded for violence on the field behave off it.

Sometimes the stupidity of America is beyond calculation. Another example is how ISIS can kill a few journalists who willingly put their own lives at risk by heading deep into a hazard and bait the United States into a military conflict costing untold money and lives and in the process furthering their goals and distancing ours.

Assuming that our goal is fewest lives lost and access to oil along with oh yes making the world safer for our children. Then there's Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam where collectively we accomplished nothing well costing incalculable damage to ourselves. And we never learn.

My favorite bit of hypocrisy going on right now is the same people calling for the head of that cop in Ferguson are clamoring for a "wait until the legal process plays out" stance for child-beater Adrian Peterson.
    Good god, everyone knows the only reason you beat a 4 year old is because it's a good stress-reliever. I wish AP would just admit that.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:53 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:

GO BENGALS!!!!

My favorite bit of hypocrisy going on right now is the same people calling for the head of that cop in Ferguson are clamoring for a "wait until the legal process plays out" stance for child-beater Adrian Peterson.  
    Good god, everyone knows the only reason you beat a 4 year old is because it's a good stress-reliever.  I wish AP would just admit that.  

Right...try escaping race or gender politics when they're tangentially or directly involved in anything. The media and brain dead American public gets herded along. In this culture OJ gets off and Hillary sucks dick and winks at her husband's cheating and will get elected President for it.  

The president sees his approval rating plummet and goes to war. Straight from the prepare three envelopes joke. The currently broadcasting Ken Burns miniseries on the Roosevelts captures our cultural stupidity really well.

It's all so fucking hilarious… (Daniel Craig from Road to Perdition).
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:

GO BENGALS!!!!

Good god, everyone knows the only reason you beat a 4 year old is because it's a good stress-reliever.  I wish AP would just admit that.  

Right...try escaping race or gender politics when they're tangentially or directly involved in anything. The media and brain dead American public gets herded along. In this culture OJ gets off and Hillary sucks dick and winks at her husband's cheating and will get elected President for it.  

The president sees his approval rating plummet and goes to war. Straight from the prepare three envelopes joke. The currently broadcasting Ken Burns miniseries on the Roosevelts captures our cultural stupidity really well.

It's all so fucking hilarious… (Daniel Craig from Road to Perdition).
    Haven't seen the Ken Burns Roosevelt miniseries yet, but I've lived long enough as a Gen Xer to know what the hell is going on these days. I just need to find a way to cash in this mob mentality. Maybe create a social media platform where you collect "likes" to get someone fired from their job or thrown in jail.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:06 pm

There is a theory floating around that ISIS/ISIL is a creation of the US CIA/Obama. I wouldn't put anything past that root-sucker. One difference between Viet Nam and Iraq/Asscrackistan is that there was no religious war in Vietnam as there is in the ME. Another is that many Vietnamese who were on our side made it to the USA and attained citizenship. Many of them made were very successful and put native-born Americans to shame. On the other hand, I have yet to see any Dune Coons do anything other than organize Islamist cells and operate gas stations and convenience stores. Not to mention driving cabs.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:54 pm

Only three undefeated teams left in NFL. Bengals, Cardinals, Eagles. Hey, now.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:13 pm

Do some of you guys realize that they don't care if you are for them or against them they will still kill you?

The only thing they care about is their religion. They are doing everybody that doesn't believe the way they do. Sunni, shite, christian, kurdish they don't care.

A good example is the kymer rouge and we saw they ended up. The cambodians were just a small example compared to these guys. Muslims the world over are listening to the call.

This is nothing different than what has been happening since the beginning of time. Some religious bastard has an idea on how the world should be and you have people that follow him. Happened with the muslims, catholics, communists and countless other isms. You get a cult of personality and people will follow.

I, for one, would rather kill all the cocksuckers before they get here, but that is just my opinion.

People that ride the fence never seem to come out ahead.

As an aside, other than me and Mongrel, who else here has served their country?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:33 pm

When the US has a president who was raised in a foreign country where over 95% are muslim, when the US military has loads of muslims, when the US Congress has muslim members, when the US has more mosques than some Middle East countries, you know that we are well and truly in Deep Shit. I live very near all black slums in the city of Baltimore. It took five or so years for the owner of the closest small retail center to find another grocery tenant after the bankruptcy of the previous supermarket chain occupant. The new store which opened this spring is a deep discount affair that has enabled us to save at least 50% on our average grocery bill. For this, we are thankful. Of course you have to put up with "hallal" chicken and last week I noticed a new meat offering in the frozen food section. Goat. I love that woman with the blog who uses raw strips of bacon to mark pages of her koran. Ann Barnhardt. Check her bacon koran on YouTube.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:25 pm

Mongrel's Eagles have fallen from the ranks of the unbeaten. Since the Bengals didn't play, I rooted for my second favorite team; whoever is playing the Steelers. The Bucs beat the Steelers at Heinz field. How embarrassing.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:42 pm

The Eagles lost every starting offensive lineman to injuries. Offense dead in the water. Still they could have won that game yesterday.

I was rooting for the Steelers since I detest the Ravens. I thought that the Panters would give the Crows a tough time. What do I know? That Cam Newton's highest calling may be as a high school janitor somewhere.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Mongrel wrote:The Eagles lost every starting offensive lineman to injuries. Offense dead in the water. Still they could have won that game yesterday.

I was rooting for the Steelers since I detest the Ravens. I thought that the Panters would give the Crows a tough time. What do I know? That Cam Newton's highest calling may be as a high school janitor somewhere.

Um..maybe Chip's offense destroys his offensive linemen and so essentially self destructs?

My Bengals would never make that kind of mistake...
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:The Eagles lost every starting offensive lineman to injuries. Offense dead in the water. Still they could have won that game yesterday.

Um..maybe Chip's offense destroys his offensive linemen and so essentially self destructs?

My Bengals would never make that kind of mistake...
    That's a good point about Chip Kelly's offense.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:36 am