The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+5
FamousDavis
Lorenzzo
jt1135
Mongrel
Horseballs
9 posters

NFL 2014 - Official Thread

Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

NFL 2014 - Official Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NFL 2014 - Official Thread

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:01 am

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:Congratulations to the Patriots on winning SB #49. The best organization in the NFL. Period. Of course the whine will continue on the airwaves and on the internet about air pressure, video-taping, intentional confusing offensive moves etc. That's the way it is in life. The losers whine. Bwaaaaaa.

I couldn't agree more.  The spying thing... everybody did that they picked om the Pats because of their success and because Bellichik isn't a politician. The ball inflation thing was pure jealous stupidity and a total non-issue.  The NFL has been cowed into doing whatever public opinion wants in order to just keep their ship sailing through heaven the way it does.

I became so turned off by the whiners and complainers over nothing I switched a couple of weeks ago and became a life long New England fan.  I'm so proud of my boys and our win.  Karma came in at the end and settled everything perfectly...shoving it right up the asses of the whiners and complainers with an immaculate gift followed by the worst mental choke by any coach in any sport ever. Deal with that you whiner faggots.

I'm 100% certain not one whiner ever succeeds at life, particularly sports whiners.
    This is a level of bandwagoning I never thought possible.  You were for the Seahawks until there were 18 seconds left in the 4th quarter.  Your retroactive outrage against the Pats detractors is pretty rich.  Do you also now side with the Pats on their historic shady dealings?  It's a pretty long list.  There are still some facts out there that cannot be disputed.  Robert Craft is an asshole and Boston is full of blowhard d-bags.  

As is documented in this thread, I picked the Patriots to win several weeks ago.  That doesn't mean I'm happy about it.  

I agree with you about a lot of things. Boston is full of blowhard D bags. But that franchise stands for excellence. Most of the aspersions cast are based on jealousy and whining. Do you seriously think other teams didn't spy the way the Patriots did? They have been victimized by their success. My disdain for jealousy and whining trumps most everything else.

I had just about enough after the deflate gate thing came about. Whining losers really make me sick. I firmly attached myself to the Patriots'' fate long before the Super Bowl began.

Validation came with the brilliant moves made by Belichick at the end of that game. Many of the so-called experts still haven't figured it out. He pulled the rug out from under the Seahawks. Passing on that play was of course the right move it just wasn't properly executed mostly because Belichick took over. Go Bill… that guy is two days smarter than just about everybody else in football and nine days smarter than the average American.

Long live the Patriot dynasty.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:14 am

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:Congratulations to the Patriots on winning SB #49. The best organization in the NFL. Period. Of course the whine will continue on the airwaves and on the internet about air pressure, video-taping, intentional confusing offensive moves etc. That's the way it is in life. The losers whine. Bwaaaaaa.

I couldn't agree more.  The spying thing... everybody did that they picked om the Pats because of their success and because Bellichik isn't a politician. The ball inflation thing was pure jealous stupidity and a total non-issue.  The NFL has been cowed into doing whatever public opinion wants in order to just keep their ship sailing through heaven the way it does.

I became so turned off by the whiners and complainers over nothing I switched a couple of weeks ago and became a life long New England fan.  I'm so proud of my boys and our win.  Karma came in at the end and settled everything perfectly...shoving it right up the asses of the whiners and complainers with an immaculate gift followed by the worst mental choke by any coach in any sport ever. Deal with that you whiner faggots.

I'm 100% certain not one whiner ever succeeds at life, particularly sports whiners.
    This is a level of bandwagoning I never thought possible.  You were for the Seahawks until there were 18 seconds left in the 4th quarter.  Your retroactive outrage against the Pats detractors is pretty rich.  Do you also now side with the Pats on their historic shady dealings?  It's a pretty long list.  There are still some facts out there that cannot be disputed.  Robert Craft is an asshole and Boston is full of blowhard d-bags.  

As is documented in this thread, I picked the Patriots to win several weeks ago.  That doesn't mean I'm happy about it.  

I agree with you about a lot of things. Boston is full of blowhard D bags. But that franchise stands for excellence. Most of the aspersions cast are based on jealousy and whining. Do you seriously think other teams didn't spy the way the Patriots did? They have been victimized by their success. My disdain for jealousy and whining trumps most everything else.

I had just about enough after the deflate gate thing came about.  Whining losers really make me sick. I firmly attached myself to the Patriots'' fate long before the Super Bowl began.

Validation came with the brilliant moves made by Belichick at the end of that game. Many of the so-called experts still haven't figured it out. He pulled the rug out from under the Seahawks. Passing on that play was of course the right move it just wasn't properly executed mostly because Belichick took over. Go Bill… that guy is two days smarter than just about everybody else in football and nine days smarter than the average American.

I do not think other teams spied the way the Pats did. Filming the field was OK, but they filmed the field and the sideline to steal signals in the Friday walkthroughs. That was utter BS. I hold homer Pats apologists with the same disdain I hold Tiger nutlickers.

The end of that game was unreal. I think the Seahawks win the game if Belichick goes conventional. The Hawks were shocked that the Patriots didn't call a timeout when it was 2nd and goal from the 1. The Hawks just looked baffled that Belichick was going to let the clock run and they panicked.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:49 pm

The biggest talking points here as usual were the halftime act and the cost of the advertising during the game.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:

I had just about enough after the deflate gate thing came about.  Whining losers really make me sick. I firmly attached myself to the Patriots'' fate long before the Super Bowl began.

I do not think other teams spied the way the Pats did.  Filming the field was OK, but they filmed the field and the sideline to steal signals in the Friday walkthroughs.  That was utter BS.  I hold homer Pats apologists with the same disdain I hold Tiger nutlickers.  

The end of that game was unreal.  I think the Seahawks win the game if Belichick goes conventional.  The Hawks were shocked that the Patriots didn't call a timeout when it was 2nd and goal from the 1.  The Hawks just looked baffled that Belichick was going to let the clock run and they panicked.  

I give you credit for your intellectual honesty as to the end of the game.  NE calls a timeout and Seattle wins. Think of the intelligence, confidence and sheer guts it took for Bellichik to zag and not zig in that situation and realize his best shot was to confuse, reduce the number of possible run plays and hope for a gaffe on that first play where Seattle's pass offense was on the field which meant Seattle would get at most one legitimate running play.  

I find it fascinating how few people both get this and have the honesty to admit it.  Worse, they blame Carroll for passing when that's what he should have done.  The ongoing discussion exposes the intelligence and character deficiencies of Americans.  It's unsurprising but interesting nonetheless.

As far is spy gate, we'll have to disagree on that one, I think it's naïve to think the Patriots were the only ones. After all, those signals were in plain view. It's not like they broke into anything to get them.  

You know how I feel about fanism. I think it's closely related to fascism, Naziism etc.  I never cease to be amazed at the level of brainwashedness, mindless rationalizing and plain acting like sheep that's part of it. So when I see that sort of thing driving the global mindset I'm going to take the exact opposing position. Here it means being the most ardent supporter of Belichick and the Patriots I possibly can. It's a choice, I choose functional intelligence over the whiny, stupid, spoiled, mentally lazy mindset of the  American masses.

Belichick and the patriots shoved this one right up their asses. Go Bill, you rock, you are my hero.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:45 pm

The last seconds were a showdown. Carroll blinked. Belichek did not. Like one of those Clint Eastwood "Dirty Harry" movies. While the entire world waited for him to call a time-out, his failure to do so was more intimidating than anything the eleven guys on the field could have done. And inspiring enough for that one rookie to make the play of the year. And it took perfect timing to pull off that interception. All a result of practice, practice, practice. The Six P's. Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:03 pm

I've watched 12 of the 49 Super Bowls. I watched the original four inter-league matches and the eight post-merger SBs in which the Patriots played.

And now I'm done. No more sports on TV except for boxing. It's nothing more than laundry rooting. The rosters change radically every year and the fans just root for the local colors, no matter who is wearing them. In Foxboro, they booed Adam Vinatieri! Adam Fucking Vinatieri without whom there would be no Patriots dynasty. These same clowns booed Wade Boggs who won FIVE Silver Bats as a Boston Red Sox player. They booed Clemens, too.

Well, I went to see the old Boston Patriots pretty frequently back in the sixties when they played at Fenway Park. Tickets were seven bucks then, and you could buy them at face value right at the Fenway Park Box Office. After the move to Foxboro, the team became strictly a TV show for me but I rooted for them and saw them win four Super Bowls. I like Brady, Belichick, Wilfork, Gronk and the guys. But it's just laundry rooting when you have no idea who will be back next fall. Tom Terrific himself will likely leave before playing for the eight million to which his salary goes down after this year. But it sure was a hell of run. The Pats won more games than anybody else during that Brady-Belichick run from 2001 to the present.

Fuck team sports if nobody cares who's wearing the jerseys. I wouldn't miss a Gennady Golovkin fight, though, and unlike Kiwi, I think Wladimir Klitschko has been the real deal.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm