The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

Grip Size ... what do you think?

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Grip Size ... what do you think? Empty Grip Size ... what do you think?

Post  Pky6471 Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:10 am

To the Pros out there.... when it says  0.600"  or 0.580" core, I assume it's the inside diameter of the "un-stretch" grip, correct?

Last year Golf Smith sold this BW grips at 99 cents a piece, "what the heck" I said so I bought 10 of them just for fun, it turns out that I LOVE them so I bought more just for fun.  They are quite tacky and appear to be durable.  One thing I notice is that the outside diameter - after regrip - "feel" a little bit thinner than other grips that I've used... and I feel really good when I grip them.  I love the white color, not dirty, easy to clean if need to ... and look expensive

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-GRIPS-50-PIECE-NEW-ROUND-BLACK-WIDOW-WHITE-TOUR-SILK-CLUB-WEB-VELVET-CASE-/311013903729?pt=Golf_Clubmaking_Products_US&hash=item4869df8d71
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Grip Size ... what do you think? Empty Re: Grip Size ... what do you think?

Post  Mongrel Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:42 am

Those BW grips came on a set of irons I bought a couple of years ago. Its been some sets since but I think they were Titleist 755's. They were not for me. Too hard. Now the number stands for the inside diameter of the grip. 0.600 (") is the standard and 0.580 is undersized. If you want to build up your grips with tape, using the 0.580" grip will require less tape. The smaller ID grip will tend to weigh a gram or two or three less than the 0.600".

Sometimes you run into trouble with shafts that have butt OD's larger than 0.600" like many of the ultra light weight driver and hybrid shafts. I just bought a Cleveland Mashie hybrid with that Miyazaki C. Kua shaft that has a 0.650" butt OD. I really don't care much for the stock Lamkin grip but that grip was specially made for that shaft so I'll play it a little longer and then probably put a Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G on it. Those grips have pretty flexible mouths on them so it should work. Sort of like Linda Lovelace re-gripping John Holme's shaft.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:23 am

Mongrel wrote:Those BW grips came on a set of irons I bought a couple of years ago. Its been some sets since but I think they were Titleist 755's. They were not for me. Too hard. Now the number stands for the inside diameter of the grip. 0.600 (") is the standard and 0.580 is undersized. If you want to build up your grips with tape, using the 0.580" grip will require less tape. The smaller ID grip will tend to weigh a gram or two or three less than the 0.600".

Sometimes you run into trouble with shafts that have butt OD's larger than 0.600" like many of the ultra light weight driver and hybrid shafts. I just bought a Cleveland Mashie hybrid with that Miyazaki C. Kua shaft that has a 0.650" butt OD. I really don't care much for the stock Lamkin grip but that grip was specially made for that shaft so I'll play it a little longer and then probably put a Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G on it. Those grips have pretty flexible mouths on them so it should work. Sort of like Linda Lovelace re-gripping John Holme's shaft.

Oh Yeah Linda L... Is she still around? John H was on some "reality show" on TV not too long ago ... maybe good sex keeps him around..

BTW, I like that white BW grip, not sure why yet, perhaps a little bit smaller of OD help my hands to turn over better, who knows, but I like them
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Switched to the Pure midsize and have to say they are working rather well for me. Using air and put 2 layers of painters tape underneath.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:59 am

jt1135 wrote:Switched to the Pure midsize and have to say they are working rather well for me.  Using air and put 2 layers of painters tape underneath.  

I will try my air compressor next time. Hopefully grip would not twist without adhesive tape

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:34 pm