The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Anyone using a Superstroke grip on their putter?

jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Anyone using a Superstroke grip on their putter? Empty Anyone using a Superstroke grip on their putter?

Post  jmtbkr Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:58 am

Anyone??

Opinions??

Will it change the balance of my existing putter?
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Anyone using a Superstroke grip on their putter? Empty Re: Anyone using a Superstroke grip on their putter?

Post  Pky6471 Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:38 am

jmtbkr wrote:Anyone??

Opinions??

Will it change the balance of my existing putter?

I do... I tried all 3 sized (1", 1.3" and 1.6").    They all good but 1.3" (I guess it means 1.3" or about in diameter) fits me best,  1" is too small for me... Give it time I could get used to the 1.6" or its largest size
    Yes, it will change the balance of your putter, you just have to adjust your stroke accordingly
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Anyone using a Superstroke grip on their putter? Empty Re: Anyone using a Superstroke grip on their putter?

Post  Mongrel Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:30 pm

When I go into a golf store, I always hit some puts with the inventory that has that grip. I really like the fattest one but would never buy and install one in any putter I would bag. Because the things are so big and thick that I couldn't get some of my other clubs in my bag. The biggest putter grip that works for me is the Winn medium pistol grip which isn't quite as good as the SuperStroke but better than the thinner alternatives.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Mongrel wrote:When I go into a golf store, I always hit some puts with the inventory that has that grip. I really like the fattest one but would never buy and install one in any putter I would bag. Because the things are so big and thick that I couldn't get some of my other clubs in my bag. The biggest putter grip that works for me is the Winn medium pistol grip which isn't quite as good as the SuperStroke but better than the thinner alternatives.

You are correct... I have the Nike 14-individual slots golf bag and I have to rearrange and find the biggest slot that fit my fat-a$$ putter grip
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:43 am

I think they make bags with special slots for the new-fangled over sized putter grips but I'll be good and damned if I'm gonna spend any money on a freaking golf bag when I still have a perfectly good one. Maybe I'll have to invent some sort of putter holster with a velcro quick release strap or straps. Patent it, borrow some gelt, make an informoercial, and make millions. Let's see....what to call it? Putter Caddy? Flat Stick Sack? Eh. Anyway, ....But wait!! Get up and call in now and receive two XXXXXX's for $xx.xxx. Just pay extra shipping and handling (another $29.95 in my pocket that cost $0.75 more). Yeah.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:56 am

I'm using a jumbo sized putter grip. I've tried the superstroke but I found I like the grip to be tapered over the straight grips. It takes a bit to get used to but I found I hold the grip with lighter pressure using a jumbo grip size.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:01 am

I've tried to jumbo taper version before. Used it for about a year. I putted with one in a store and liked the feel, but in the end, I didn't make as many putts. I like the smaller pistol versions. My putter grip is sort of a Bernhard Langer style circa 1990 with the semi split grip and thumb of left hand on the right wrist. I've putted with this grip for a dozen or so years. I couldn't get rid of it if I tried at this point. The big grips do not support this very well.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:59 pm

Poe4soul wrote:I'm using a jumbo sized putter grip.  I've tried the superstroke but I found I like the grip to be tapered over the straight grips.  It takes a bit to get used to but I found I hold the grip with lighter pressure using a jumbo grip size.  

I agree... and this seems to be the point of using the jumbo grip size, although it does not help my putting score much (putting is NOT my weakest link... my weakest link is my second shot on par 4 and par 5)

It took me a while to be comfortable with the SuperStroke 5.0 (1.6" vs. 1.3" vs. 1.0"). I learn that I putt better when I press my PALM against the grip (rather than using my fingers like before) ,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 am