The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+17
12pierogi
Big Dave
FreakOfNature
Lorenzzo
Homeslice
Horseballs
Dirtsquirrel
jmtbkr
Fluffy
jt1135
Pky6471
Kiwigolfer
Golfaholic
rooteen
Olderplayer
Mongrel
FamousDavis
21 posters

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis Empty A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis

Post  FamousDavis Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:56 pm

This is kind of strange as I'm actually posting a thread onto a website where I am currently the sole member. You see, I started this forum because I could no longer access my former stomping grounds where I enjoyed talking about golf, golf equipment and pretty much anything related to the sport.

I'm hoping some of my buddies from my former stomping grounds will join the fun.

Oh, my name is FD (short for FamousDavis) and I'm the best ball striker I know. I love to talk about golf equipment and I've probably bought and sold over 500 sets of irons over the last 20 years. I know a great deal about golf equipment in terms of how different irons and drivers play on the course.

Feel free to argue and flame on this forum but don't curse. It's against the parent company's rules.

My latest set of Ping i3+ Blade irons arrived yesterday. They look brand new. Z-Z65 shafts baby.

Cheers. afro
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis Empty Re: A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis

Post  Mongrel Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:28 pm

I just found this site and registered immediately. I had been on another golf forum for some years and was active but within the past two weeks, the site pulled some cr*p and told me that my password was no good and that I'd have to change it. So I went through the routine about ten times over the course of several days without success. Every time the site emailed me their new randomly-generated password for me, it didn't work. I got the message. They no longer wanted me and that's fine by me. Posting on forums is a lot of d*mn work if you care about what is published under your own (screen) name. I took pride in my posts and put a lot of thought into many of them. Some were literary masterpieces. I tried to inject humour into almost everything I wrote but sense-of-humour seems to be a trait lacking in a majority of two-leggers currently using O2 these days. So I hope I don't offend anyone here. I sure hope that little Vietnamese fellow who was on the other golf forum finds this one. His former government gave me a couple of medals for my service over there and I don't hold anything against any of them for shooting at me. Darned if I wouldn't have shot at them if they tried to walk over my farm back in Pennsylvania.

Its winter here but I have not stopped searching for golf clubs. My latest Grail Search has yielded the coupe de cup on the short grass. I spent many hours inside the local Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith retail outlets interviewing almost all new and used putters in their inventories. I was highly smitten with the Odyssey white insert models, especially the style that Luke Donald has been using. Then I found an original Rife Two Bar at the Golfsmith priced at $39. After several visits and hundreds of putts on their expansive putting area, I walked home with it. Time will tell.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis Empty Re: A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis

Post  FamousDavis Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:41 pm

Mostly German wrote:I just found this site and registered immediately. I had been on another golf forum for some years and was active but within the past two weeks, the site pulled some cr*p and told me that my password was no good and that I'd have to change it. So I went through the routine about ten times over the course of several days without success. Every time the site emailed me their new randomly-generated password for me, it didn't work. I got the message. They no longer wanted me and that's fine by me. Posting on forums is a lot of d*mn work if you care about what is published under your own (screen) name. I took pride in my posts and put a lot of thought into many of them. Some were literary masterpieces. I tried to inject humour into almost everything I wrote but sense-of-humour seems to be a trait lacking in a majority of two-leggers currently using O2 these days. So I hope I don't offend anyone here. I sure hope that little Vietnamese fellow who was on the other golf forum finds this one. His former government gave me a couple of medals for my service over there and I don't hold anything against any of them for shooting at me. Darned if I wouldn't have shot at them if they tried to walk over my farm back in Pennsylvania.

Its winter here but I have not stopped searching for golf clubs. My latest Grail Search has yielded the coupe de cup on the short grass. I spent many hours inside the local Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith retail outlets interviewing almost all new and used putters in their inventories. I was highly smitten with the Odyssey white insert models, especially the style that Luke Donald has been using. Then I found an original Rife Two Bar at the Golfsmith priced at $39. After several visits and hundreds of putts on their expansive putting area, I walked home with it. Time will tell.

Wow, this is awesome. I set up a new golf forum earlier today and already I have a new member who knows as much about golf as I do. Actually, this Mongrel knows more about golf club repair and golf shafts than anyone I've met.

MG, my latest procured clubs are a set of Ping i3+ blade irons, Z-Z65 shafts, 3-PW, GW & SW in like new condition from 3balls. I also picked up a G5 19* hybrid and a G2 8.5 driver with stock stiff shaft. I'm still hitting the 983e 8.5 extremely well and it almost got replaced by a 905S with ProForce V2 shaft that I've got on Ebay. The 905S is just a tad harder to control, strange thing since it's a bigger head.

Oh, I also bought a used Taylormade Mallet white putter, center shafted.

Thems is the shizzle.

Now we need to recruit some more guys to this site. I'm game.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:52 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:I just found this site and registered immediately. I had been on another golf forum for some years and was active but within the past two weeks, the site pulled some cr*p and told me that my password was no good and that I'd have to change it. So I went through the routine about ten times over the course of several days without success. Every time the site emailed me their new randomly-generated password for me, it didn't work. I got the message. They no longer wanted me and that's fine by me. Posting on forums is a lot of d*mn work if you care about what is published under your own (screen) name. I took pride in my posts and put a lot of thought into many of them. Some were literary masterpieces. I tried to inject humour into almost everything I wrote but sense-of-humour seems to be a trait lacking in a majority of two-leggers currently using O2 these days. So I hope I don't offend anyone here. I sure hope that little Vietnamese fellow who was on the other golf forum finds this one. His former government gave me a couple of medals for my service over there and I don't hold anything against any of them for shooting at me. Darned if I wouldn't have shot at them if they tried to walk over my farm back in Pennsylvania.

Wow, this is awesome. I set up a new golf forum earlier today and already I have a new member who knows as much about golf as I do. Actually, this Mongrel knows more about golf club repair and golf shafts than anyone I've met.

MG, my latest procured clubs are a set of Ping i3+ blade irons, Z-Z65 shafts, 3-PW, GW & SW in like new condition from 3balls. I also picked up a G5 19* hybrid and a G2 8.5 driver with stock stiff shaft. I'm still hitting the 983e 8.5 extremely well and it almost got replaced by a 905S with ProForce V2 shaft that I've got on Ebay. The 905S is just a tad harder to control, strange thing since it's a bigger head.

Oh, I also bought a used Taylormade Mallet white putter, center shafted.

Thems is the shizzle.

Now we need to recruit some more guys to this site. I'm game.

My Rife Two Bar is center-shafted, the first center shaft I've had since one of my father's old Bullseyes. I haven't played it yet but took it to two different local muni practice greens and gave it a good workout. It is almost face-balanced with just about ten degrees of toe hang. The shaft is about 33" and has this Winn grip that is very thick so I can use the thumbs-on-top grip. I hit lots of other new and used ones and really liked the Ping Nome and various high-MOI white Taylormades but they were all well over $100 and when it comes to clubs, I am as cheap as an old Mongrel dog.

The 905S should be easier to dial in than the E and it sounds like it might be a shaft issue. The few used 905S's I've seen in Golf Galaxy have all had stiff flex Aldila Proto "By You" 70 gram shafts in them which might be a tighter hit than the V@ unless it is one of the 86 gram Tour V2's.

I saw over on The Other Golf Forum that Spank expressed disbelief that you have been blocked. He also said he attended the funeral services for Mongrel. I recall seeing one of his threads from years ago where he announced the death of Dorkman. Spank might like it over here if he could post those Nifty moving pictures and photos from time to time. Other of those few who remain Over There seem to be realizing that the Titanic is taking on water.
    Olderplayer
    Olderplayer

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis Empty Hello chaps!!

Post  Olderplayer Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:29 am

Hi FD. Nice to hear from you and well done on creating this place where we can hang out. Hello to you too M German. Glad to see your hoing is going well FD. Mine is going well too having recently picked up a fantastic set of irons. They are honestly perfect for me and I don't know where I can go from here but the ho in me will work it out. They are some JDM irons. PRGR TR 900 MD and they are a neo blade and sweet as a nut! Also picked up a mint G20 , 8.5 with a ping stock stiff tour shaft. got it cheap so we will see if that is a success.
    Anyway boys. Thought I'd drop in and renew aquaintences. (spelling, I know).
    Olderplayer
    Olderplayer

Post  Olderplayer Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:21 am

I have an original Rife two bar mallet and it is an absolute keeper. Had it in the bag over a year and it is far and away the best I have used.
    Olderplayer
    Olderplayer

Post  Olderplayer Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:13 am

Addendum to previous post regarding hoing. Just thought I'd let you know FD that I just picked up a set of 2007 Miura tournament blades. Should be interesting to take for a run.
    rooteen
    rooteen

Post  rooteen Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:19 am

Olderplayer wrote:Hi FD. Nice to hear from you and well done on creating this place where we can hang out. Hello to you too M German. Glad to see your hoing is going well FD. Mine is going well too having recently picked up a fantastic set of irons. They are honestly perfect for me and I don't know where I can go from here but the ho in me will work it out. They are some JDM irons. PRGR TR 900 MD and they are a neo blade and sweet as a nut! Also picked up a mint G20 , 8.5 with a ping stock stiff tour shaft. got it cheap so we will see if that is a success.

Hi guys, this seems like a nice site, and i am sure with a couple of beers in hand it will make for some great entertainment. Good work FD. Olderplayer, where did you get the prgr set from? Seen some sets on the tourspec website before, but none anywhere else. Don't think they are well known other than japan.Some of their blades look sweet as.
    Olderplayer
    Olderplayer

Post  Olderplayer Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:34 am

rooteen wrote:
    Olderplayer wrote:Hi FD. Nice to hear from you and well done on creating this place where we can hang out. Hello to you too M German. Glad to see your hoing is going well FD. Mine is going well too having recently picked up a fantastic set of irons. They are honestly perfect for me and I don't know where I can go from here but the ho in me will work it out. They are some JDM irons. PRGR TR 900 MD and they are a neo blade and sweet as a nut! Also picked up a mint G20 , 8.5 with a ping stock stiff tour shaft. got it cheap so we will see if that is a success.

Hi guys, this seems like a nice site, and i am sure with a couple of beers in hand it will make for some great entertainment. Good work FD. Olderplayer, where did you get the prgr set from? Seen some sets on the tourspec website before, but none anywhere else. Don't think they are well known other than japan.Some of their blades look sweet as.
    G'day rooteen. Picked them up off US ebay. Just doing my usual browsing and looking through the listed JDM gear. Am a big fan and have other JDM stuff. Anyway there they were; great nick and a design that really appealed. Haven't been a fan of some of the PRGR designs in the past but these looked great. Took the punt, paid $425 BIN and really glad I did. They are an awesome set!! Great sole and topline, great grind and a head size and shape that is absolutely perfect to my eye. Super soft with a mid to mid high launch. Long irons are a treat to hit. First round I played with them I took to them like a duck to water. Kicked my s3 pros straight out of the bag.
    I guess you don't see them much. i feel I was pretty lucky to stumble upon them. Some of the JDM stuff really is as good as it is built up to be. These are Japanese issue only.
    Golfaholic

Post  Golfaholic Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:51 am

This looks like an amazing Golf Discussion Board.

I'm shocked the username "Golfaholic" hasn't been taken by another user! I cannot contain my excitement!

I would love to stay and talk golf but I must head to work.
    rooteen
    rooteen

Post  rooteen Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:53 am

[quote="Olderplayer"][quote="rooteen"]
    Olderplayer wrote:

G'day rooteen. Picked them up off US ebay. Just doing my usual browsing and looking through the listed JDM gear. Am a big fan and have other JDM stuff. Anyway there they were; great nick and a design that really appealed. Haven't been a fan of some of the PRGR designs in the past but these looked great. Took the punt, paid $425 BIN and really glad I did. They are an awesome set!! Great sole and topline, great grind and a head size and shape that is absolutely perfect to my eye. Super soft with a mid to mid high launch. Long irons are a treat to hit. First round I played with them I took to them like a duck to water. Kicked my s3 pros straight out of the bag.
    I guess you don't see them much. i feel I was pretty lucky to stumble upon them. Some of the JDM stuff really is as good as it is built up to be. These are Japanese issue only.
    That's a fantastic price OP, the price on tourspec for some of those irons is way out there. I had been looking at that site for awhile, as i recently had a 20year wedding anniversary and was thinking a set of Japanese irons would be really nice, but just couldn't bring myself to spend the cash. Ended up with a Scotty Cameron Sonoma, and i must say its the best purchase i have made in a long time. Had 2 comp rounds with it, and only had one 3 putt from about 35 feet. Its hard to put a price on quality when its sitting in your hands.
    Have to do some more club ho'ing befor they change the bloody gst law on internet purchases! Wink
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis Empty GR Lives Again

Post  Kiwigolfer Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:24 am

Great work FD.

It appears another GR stalwart, FON, has created a new site too.

gr-lives-again.proboards.com

What a conundrum we face? Shocked
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:25 am

Good work FD... I would not be surprised that GR members from the other forum will be moving over here soon. FON also created another site for old/new GR to BS... Good work gentlemen
    Laughing Laughing Laughing
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:53 am

The mtbr board just wasn't for me. Anybody let Larry and Alan know?
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:59 am

jt1135 wrote:
    The mtbr board just wasn't for me. Anybody let Larry and Alan know?

Oh Yeah !!! How could we forget Lerry and Alan
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:04 am

Hey there FD,

Also struggeling to log onto the other site.
    But fresh starts are always better Twisted Evil

Hope this site will prosper as I have seen quite a few do.
    A review-site was hardly the correct place for our discussions. Hope to be on this one for a long time.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:11 am

Greetings all! Thanks, FD, for starting this forum. It logs on easily and seems user friendly.

As you have only partially stated in your opening comment, I shall now proclaim the title of 'the greatest ball striker on this forum'. Thank you.

I just picked up a 2h to replace my erratic 3w from the fairway. With the shorter shaft, I seem to get alot more control. We shall see.
    I also got myself a chipper-putter. This is a cool toy. a putter with a 37* face. helps me not skull shots from the fringe across the green tongue

Ok....let the fun begin cheers
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:17 am

As a post for recent equipment changes only bent my 2iron to 15degrees making it a 1iron...This club is AWESOME and replace my 3wood no questions asked. I also have started hitting my 5degree krank a little more consistent and joined a new golf club for the coming year.

So may I be the first one to post on this forum that I drive the ball 350yards out the gate affraid ... thanks, thank you, thank you...
    Dirtsquirrel

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis Empty Thanks FD for getting this started!

Post  Dirtsquirrel Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:48 am

I was a long time member at the previous venue but on perpetual lurker status ie:unable to reply or post. Hope this site takes off. I suffer from golf OCD and find myself buying and selling used equipment simply because it is fun and educational to try new gear and some of it finds it's way into my bag long term. Hope to be a regular contributor and participant here. Any thoughts on starting a review section?
    Golfaholic

Post  Golfaholic Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:00 am

Dirtsquirrel wrote:I was a long time member at the previous venue but on perpetual lurker status ie:unable to reply or post. Hope this site takes off. I suffer from golf OCD and find myself buying and selling used equipment simply because it is fun and educational to try new gear and some of it finds it's way into my bag long term. Hope to be a regular contributor and participant here. Any thoughts on starting a review section?

Without proper software, reviews can only be done Thread by Thread which inevitably leads to hundreds of mostly un-used threads on a Board. Kind of like how the Mountain Bike website has 452 Sub Categories, which is a headache to navigate. I guess that's up to the NEW boss!

Glad to see some of the guys from GR that were frozen out are finally able to get into the discussion.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis Empty WOW!

Post  FamousDavis Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm absolutely amazed at how many people are on here already. I'm also amazed at how relatively simple it was to find a free forum hosting site and then get it up and running. I thought it would be this huge undertaking that would take me several weeks. Maybe I'm more technically inclined than I had orginally thought. I'm not sure what GR had that this site doesn't have. I'm going to try and post a photo along with this thread so please let me know if you can't see it.

I could really care less which golf forum you guys want to use. If FON has created a better one I say we use it. I doubt his headline photo is as good.

Anyway, it's great to see so many people here. Haven't seen Spank yet, ZO or HB.

Playing in the tournament of champions this coming Monday at the course where they used to have the Bob Hope.

OP, I saw a Rife two par blade putter the other day. It's like an oversized Ping Anser putter with the two bars. Nice on the Miuras![img][/img][img][/img]

Last edited by FamousDavis on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi everyone.
    Homeslice
    Homeslice

Post  Homeslice Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi all. My name is the homeslice. I am looking forward to talking the golf to you. It is a happy game played on the open ground.
    If you happen to be looking for quality golf apparel at discount prices go see: counterfeitnike.org

We're back in business, baby!! Now all you newbies shut the fuck up!!
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis Empty Thanks FD...

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 pm

I'll follow Homie's lead and describe myself. I like good food and pussy. Sometimes I'll cook food and stuff pussy. I've stuffed certain foods like turkey and pork but I've never cooked pussy.

I believe there's nothing like a huge BM.

I further believe when Hillary becomes President the birth rate will plummet.

That's really about it, everything else is an issue to me.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Almost forgot, sometimes I'll cook food but eat pussy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:02 pm