The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

Calling all the Pros... Your Thought on this

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Calling all the Pros... Your Thought on this Empty Calling all the Pros... Your Thought on this

Post  Pky6471 Fri May 30, 2014 7:11 am

I play the Cally Diablo Edge Tour pro (by reviews) , it's 9.5* and S-shaft (which by my SS I should not be allowed to play S-shaft, but I can't argue with result). Love this club, bought $38 almost brand new from Callaway pre-owned.
    On the range, I could "optimize" ball trajectory by (1) Tee high (2) or slightly open the club face , as if turning 9.5* to 11* loft club

Based on your experience, which one would be a better option, I learn toward option 2 right now, but I am afraid of severe slice on a course

Thanks guys/girls/AC-DC
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Calling all the Pros... Your Thought on this Empty Re: Calling all the Pros... Your Thought on this

Post  Mongrel Fri May 30, 2014 7:30 am

Tee it up to a height where the bottom of the ball is level with the top of the driver crown. Address the shot with the ball about two to four inches left of your left big toe. Close your stance so that you are aimed about 5-10 degrees right of your intended target line. Swing along the line of your feet finishing the swing with all your weight on your left foot.

If done properly, you will hit the ball with an upward angle of attack with the clubface square to your intended target line. The ball will launch a bit higher, have less spin, carry more and run out more when landing. You could hit this shot with a 7.5 or 8.5 degree driver head. Doesn't matter. Only thing that matters is the angle of attack. Do it right and you might get 20 yards more carry and 10-15 yards more roll. Book it.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Calling all the Pros... Your Thought on this Empty Re: Calling all the Pros... Your Thought on this

Post  Pky6471 Fri May 30, 2014 1:57 pm

Mongrel wrote:Tee it up to a height where the bottom of the ball is level with the top of the driver crown. Address the shot with the ball about two to four inches left of your left big toe. Close your stance so that you are aimed about 5-10 degrees right of your intended target line. Swing along the line of your feet finishing the swing with all your weight on your left foot.

If done properly, you will hit the ball with an upward angle of attack with the clubface square to your intended target line. The ball will launch a bit higher, have less spin, carry more and run out more when landing. You could hit this shot with a 7.5 or 8.5 degree driver head. Doesn't matter. Only thing that matters is the angle of attack. Do it right and you might get 20 yards more carry and 10-15 yards more roll. Book it.

Agree about the upward swing attack... Will test more at the range. Thanks.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 pm

What about into the wind, with the wind, dry conditions, wet conditions? Lot of variables.

Why I love the game. Makes you think.

Today, made a birdie on a 525 yard par five. Drive was way right but I had an opening thru the trees. Pulled the second into the trees on the left side. Made the green in regulation by taking a four wood from 125 yards under a tree, thru a sand trap and left it 5 feet from the hole. Bout 2-3 inches of rough on all the shots. Just a matter of hitting the right shot at the right time.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sat May 31, 2014 6:06 am

jt1135 wrote:What about into the wind, with the wind, dry conditions, wet conditions?  Lot of variables.  

Why I love the game.  Makes you think.

Today, made a birdie on a 525 yard par five.  Drive was way right but I had an opening thru the trees.  Pulled the second into the trees on the left side.  Made the green in regulation by taking a four wood from 125 yards under a tree, thru a sand trap and left it 5 feet from the hole.  Bout 2-3 inches of rough on all the shots.   Just a matter of hitting the right shot at the right time.

Agreed , my weakness is the 2nd shot (I call it a connection shot), I score well when I have a good connection shot... around the greens and putting I am better than average. My avg drive is 215, if lucky I would poke 230 yds out there... For 390 yds par-4, with 215 yds drive, how could birdie the hole, 99% impossible  disappointed 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:37 pm