The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

2 posters

Tiger "backs" out of Bay Hill Tourney

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Tiger "backs" out of Bay Hill Tourney Empty Tiger "backs" out of Bay Hill Tourney

Post  FamousDavis Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Well, at least we now know that the back injury is legit. The sad part is that this tournament will be 1/2 as interesting without Tiger Woods. Let's face it, Tiger's presence at a tournament makes it more than twice as exciting to watch. Tiger has 14 majors under his belt and adds credibility to a tournament. You never know when he's going to put on his A game and destroy the field. He won 5 times last year so let's not count him out yet.

Go Tiger! Tiger "backs" out of Bay Hill Tourney Tuzki-bunny-emoticon-017

Mongrel
    Mongrel

Tiger "backs" out of Bay Hill Tourney Empty Re: Tiger "backs" out of Bay Hill Tourney

Post  Mongrel Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:28 pm

I developed a bad lower back at age 17 that would go out without any warning. I went through all sorts of physical therapy but nothing got rid of the problem but it went away for the most part by age 24 went I left military active duty. My problem stemmed from improper use of free weights. Tiger's probably stems from too much stress with his hypo golf swing. If he wants to continue to play and compete on the Tour, he will need a lengthy rest period and when it is "healed", he will need to alter his full swing to reduce the stress on the back. Probably have to go to sort of a rotary swing that I have adopted. I can swing as hard as I can with woods and irons and could probably hit 1,000 balls a day. Of course my hands would be bleeding.

Now as far as Tiger and the event's popularity goes, I don't think anyone would be interested in watching it if Tiger's playing but struggles to make the cut and then goes on to shoot a decent round Saturday and then post a sporty 78 the final round.

Big Jack won his last major at age 46 in 1986. Tiger might get to 16 or 17 by the time he is that old if he is lucky.

The irony to me is that the initial Tiger Woods effect on the golf world was for the tours and courses to lengthen the tracks and trick them up to "Tiger-proof" them. All they have to do now is provide tees, fairways, rough, bunkers, and greens with one 4.25" diameter hole each times eighteen and that course is Tiger-proofed.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Tiger "backs" out of Bay Hill Tourney Empty Re: Tiger "backs" out of Bay Hill Tourney

Post  FamousDavis Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Mongrel wrote:I developed a bad lower back at age 17 that would go out without any warning. I went through all sorts of physical therapy but nothing got rid of the problem but it went away for the most part by age 24 went I left military active duty. My problem stemmed from improper use of free weights. Tiger's probably stems from too much stress with his hypo golf swing. If he wants to continue to play and compete on the Tour, he will need a lengthy rest period and when it is "healed", he will need to alter his full swing to reduce the stress on the back. Probably have to go to sort of a rotary swing that I have adopted. I can swing as hard as I can with woods and irons and could probably hit 1,000 balls a day. Of course my hands would be bleeding.

Now as far as Tiger and the event's popularity goes, I don't think anyone would be interested in watching it if Tiger's playing but struggles to make the cut and then goes on to shoot a decent round Saturday and then post a sporty 78 the final round.

Big Jack won his last major at age 46 in 1986. Tiger might get to 16 or 17 by the time he is that old if he is lucky.

The irony to me is that the initial Tiger Woods effect on the golf world was for the tours and courses to lengthen the tracks and trick them up to "Tiger-proof" them. All they have to do now is provide tees, fairways, rough, bunkers, and greens with one 4.25" diameter hole each times eighteen and that course is Tiger-proofed.

I think the intense weight training has aged Tiger's muscles and tendons by maybe 5 to 8 years. I honestly believe that Tiger was clean and didn't take any PEDS but I think he got way to intense in his weight training and screwed himself up. Plus, his driver swing LOOKS like it would hurt his back. It's painful just to watch it.

I'm sorry but 38 years old is way too young to have all of the problems that he does. If he would have kept his weight down and simply went after tone rather than bulk I believe he'd be in much better shape today. Most of the guys on tour look like the work out with light weights. Many of them look like they don't work out at all. I don't think Ricky Fowler or Webb Simpson are hitting the weight room.

I'm fairly certain we'll see him in the Masters.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Tiger's back just took a turn for the worse awhile ago. It happened to catch the news that Stevie (with Adam on the clubs) made seven birdies, two eagles and one bogey on #18 for a nifty little 62-- 10 under -- on Arnold's Playground in Orlando. Ouch, that mofo hurts.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:52 pm

Mongrel wrote:Tiger's back just took a turn for the worse awhile ago. It happened to catch the news that Stevie (with Adam on the clubs) made seven birdies, two eagles and one bogey on #18 for a nifty little 62-- 10 under -- on Arnold's Playground in Orlando. Ouch, that mofo hurts.

Maybe Tiger found out that Scott was on fire during practice rounds so he decided to forego the tournament. That's how good Tiger's instinct is. He is better than anyone at timing an injury. He really is the best in all categories.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:58 pm

Tiger backs out of Masters. And probably the rest of 2014. Sean Foley calls his shyster and tells him to prepare draft Chapter 7, 11 and 13 filings. Nike to layoff 50,000 workers at various Far East facilities. Elin to start trolling upscale bars looking for another Mister Goodbar.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:21 pm