The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+2
Mongrel
FamousDavis
6 posters

This is a better golf forum than GR

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

This is a better golf forum than GR Empty This is a better golf forum than GR

Post  FamousDavis Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Better graphics, better conversation, better admin and superior smileys: This is a better golf forum than GR Goodnight

What What?

Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow 

So, if I have to I'll just stay here and talk with Mongrel.

I may grace the pages of GR every now and then with my superior golf knowledge. This is a better golf forum than GR Emoticon-object-028

Well, I've got to get back to my regripping project....

This is a better golf forum than GR Emoticon-object-028
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

This is a better golf forum than GR Empty Re: This is a better golf forum than GR

Post  Mongrel Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:22 am

This is true. You have created a better golf website than GR as far as forums go. GR still has that vast repository of reviews that have been and will continue to be so helpful to those seeking the best tools for the course. The GR powers that be are to be commended, however, for stemming the tide of undesireables with random character-generated screen names attached to humanoids who come from eastern Europe, the 'Stans and various hyper-crowed megalopoli in Asia.
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

This is a better golf forum than GR Empty Re: This is a better golf forum than GR

Post  jmtbkr Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi

I'm back.

The forum I'm spending alot of time on.....well, some have a sense of humor, many others don't. No political BS allowed. But best of all, no sign of Larry and/or Alan.

I've put the northern clubs away for the winter and am heading down to the warmer climes of Southern Florida for a week. I'll check in down there, between my daily rounds.
    Heading back again for a loooong Xmas/new years stay and then soon enuff, the Honda is in town.
    Plus, we're sick of this weather already, so wifey has booked us every 3 weekends until april.

Another 3 years and I can stay there for 6-7 months at a time!!!
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:51 pm

FamousDavis wrote:Better graphics, better conversation, better admin and superior smileys:  This is a better golf forum than GR Goodnight

What What?

I may grace the pages of GR every now and then with my superior golf knowledge.  This is a better golf forum than GR Emoticon-object-028

I agree.... Now we may have to bring Alan and Lerry over here for more fun.

What happened to Q-Tong? he went back to China/Korea? It's ashamed the PGA would lose a talent like him
    and big Dave, seems like he enjoys Houston more so than Dallas... IMO , Austin is the better Texas town... but I am trying to convince the boss to move to Chandler/Gilbert/Mesa AZ Basketball 
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Pky6471 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:Better graphics, better conversation, better admin and superior smileys:  This is a better golf forum than GR Goodnight

What What?

I may grace the pages of GR every now and then with my superior golf knowledge.  This is a better golf forum than GR Emoticon-object-028

I agree.... Now we may have to bring Alan and Lerry over here for more fun.

What happened to Q-Tong? he went back to China/Korea? It's ashamed the PGA would lose a talent like him
    and big Dave, seems like he enjoys Houston more so than Dallas... IMO , Austin is the better Texas town... but I am trying to convince the boss to move to Chandler/Gilbert/Mesa AZ Basketball 
    big Dave still here and reading, not feeling creative but will return when I do. That is all, as you were. :-)
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Big Dave, I just had a good friend move to Houston. He loves it there.

My game is about the same.

This is the best forum in golf.

Basketball 
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:29 am

Anybody here still playing the game? I lasted 54 seasons--1959 through 2012. This past year, it ended. I guess I just couldn't get into the swing of things at the new club, so obviously, I won't be re-upping for this coming year. As we all know, nothing lasts forever.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:19 pm

I played my first hole with my mother in 1955 when I was eight years old. It is a 390 yard par 4 from the tee on the terrace where I was instructed to play from, the men's white tee. I made a 33 and immediately thereafter, hated golf. I am eagerly anticipating the 2014 season. What would make it better than the last season is if I can actually see my shots fly and land past 100 yards. I need to get rid of the cataracts in both eyes and maybe I can get that done and have the eyes adjusted prior to the middle of next March when our next season begins. Thanks to modern technology, my recently acquired club-making prowess, and a new swing compliments of this PGA club pro's website, I can still hit golf balls relatively straight and effectively about as far as I could 40 years ago except that now one drive out of every ten doesn't go 270-300 yards.

Some people quit golf because they get bored with it. Some quit because they don't want to or can't afford to pay what it costs to play.
    Some quit because they are physically unable to swing a golf club or stand up anymore. Now my father had the golf bug real bad and played until he was physically unable to hit a drive more than 100 yards sometime in his mid 80's. By then he was in a home and steadily failing physically; Yet each time I would drive up for a visit, he would be sitting in his recliner watching the Golf Channel. We would sit and talk for a couple of hours with him falling off to sleep sometimes. When it was time for me to leave for home, he would say every time that we would get together soon and play a round of golf. I would always say that I would like that very much and that I would be practicing a lot in anticipation. Some people never get it out of them. I think I may be one of them.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:27 am

FamousDavis wrote:Big Dave, I just had a good friend move to Houston.  He loves it there.  

My game is about the same.  

This is the best forum in golf.  

Basketball 

Houston is not a bad place if U don't mind its stickiness due to high humidity. Coming from SD I don't think FD would bear the summer weather there (April-Oct). Austin is the best TX town IMO, not sticky and its landscape is somewhat similar to CA. A very vibrant town with music and Hi-tech industry. Housing is cheaper but property taxes are very high in TX in general. My bro-in-law pay $18K property taxes on his $650K home (in Clear Lake south of TX). Granted they don't pay state incomes tax, so the total $$$ (property tax + state income tax) could be the same everywhere in USA, but when they retire in TX, the property tax is still high
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:33 am

Mongrel wrote:I played my first hole with my mother in 1955 when I was eight years old. It is a 390 yard par 4 from the tee on the terrace where I was instructed to play from, the men's white tee. I made a 33 and immediately thereafter, hated golf. I am eagerly anticipating the 2014 season. What would make it better than the last season is if I can actually see my shots fly and land past 100 yards. I need to get rid of the cataracts in both eyes and maybe I can get that done and have the eyes adjusted prior to the middle of next March when our next season begins. Thanks to modern technology, my recently acquired club-making prowess, and a new swing compliments of this PGA club pro's website, I can still hit golf balls relatively straight and effectively about as far as I could 40 years ago except that now one drive out of every ten doesn't go 270-300 yards.

Some people quit golf because they get bored with it. Some quit because they don't want to or can't afford to pay what it costs to play.
    Some quit because they are physically unable to swing a golf club or stand up anymore. Now my father had the golf bug real bad and played until he was physically unable to hit a drive more than 100 yards sometime in his mid 80's. By then he was in a home and steadily failing physically; Yet each time I would drive up for a visit, he would be sitting in his recliner watching the Golf Channel. We would sit and talk for a couple of hours with him falling off to sleep sometimes. When it was time for me to leave for home, he would say every time that we would get together soon and play a round of golf. I would always say that I would like that very much and that I would be practicing a lot in anticipation. Some people never get it out of them. I think I may be one of them.

I walk 2.5 miles with co-worker everyday during lunch hr, that makes me feel better... or makes my legs stronger, I hope. I will continue doing that after the labor camp. I got accepted to UDel for a French major (free for 60+ suckers who live in DE), that would keep my mind fresh and being around young chicks on campus would a be a wonderful thing... I told them "don't expect me to graduate... and when I am in a mood for a vacation U can't stop me... Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:01 am