The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+4
FamousDavis
Lorenzzo
Mongrel
Horseballs
8 posters

Anchored putting = banned

Horseballs
    Horseballs

Anchored putting = banned Empty Anchored putting = banned

Post  Horseballs Tue May 21, 2013 1:17 pm

It's about fukking time.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Anchored putting = banned Empty Re: Anchored putting = banned

Post  Mongrel Tue May 21, 2013 2:13 pm

That's the R & A and the USGA. Now the professional organizations like the PGA's of the world may tell them to go defecate in their chapeaux. Hopefully the ban will be universal. I kind of feel bad for the old guys but get pissed seeing the youngsters like Bradly and Simpson using them. And waiting until 2016 is much too long. How about like next month?
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue May 21, 2013 2:27 pm

I say if the anchored putting ban doesn't do it, legislate pre-shot routine, clothing and if necessary use of the name Keegan. Whatever rules changes it takes to get rid of that guy I support.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue May 21, 2013 2:55 pm

I don't know if this belongs in the Slopes and Turns sticky, but you know this anchoring is out of hand when the 14 year old amateur Guan showed up at Augusta with one of those.
    14 year olds aren't supposed to resort to such cheating. They are supposed to have nerves of steel, untarnished by years of failure. They are supposed to ram every 5 footer into the back of the cup.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue May 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:I say if the anchored putting ban doesn't do it, legislate pre-shot routine, clothing and if necessary use of the name Keegan. Whatever rules changes it takes to get rid of that guy I support.

Yep. Keegan is an ass hat squared. He represents everything that is wrong with golf. Long putter, fidgety, takes forever, I can't watch him play.
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Tue May 21, 2013 8:35 pm

I used a couple broom handles, some left hand low, anchored putters, everyone insisted I try they use, they all hated me, I could drain it from anywhere.
    I use a 33" putter to make it fair for them.
    I think it's stupid.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed May 22, 2013 4:26 pm

The USGA is riding a bit of a hot streak lately. First the grooves rule, now this. I feel they are on the edge of being drunk with power and may introduce some new changes. My prediction?

1. Standardized golf balls
    2. Limit loft to 56 degrees
    3. 10 club limit
    4. Bullseye putters only
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed May 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Horseballs wrote:The USGA is riding a bit of a hot streak lately. First the grooves rule, now this. I feel they are on the edge of being drunk with power and may introduce some new changes. My prediction?

3. 10 club limit
    4. Bullseye putters only

5. No belt buckles over 3 inches wide
    6. Dressing feminine can earn you a 2 stroke penalty. The Y.E. Yang rule.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed May 22, 2013 5:07 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:I say if the anchored putting ban doesn't do it, legislate pre-shot routine, clothing and if necessary use of the name Keegan. Whatever rules changes it takes to get rid of that guy I support.

Yep. Keegan is an ass hat squared. He represents everything that is wrong with golf. Long putter, fidgety, takes forever, I can't watch him play.

And now ---- NEWS FLASH ---- he's stopped shaving a portion of his face. All he needs to complete the fagg*t cycle is some ear studs.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu May 23, 2013 1:17 am

Mongrel wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

And now ---- NEWS FLASH ---- he's stopped shaving a portion of his face. All he needs to complete the fagg*t cycle is some ear studs.

It is a truly bizarre look. The only description that comes to mind is a choir boy on acid. He's a facial scab away from looking homeless. It does serve as a lesson to anyone who thought he couldn't make himself any more annoying.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu May 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Horseballs wrote:The USGA is riding a bit of a hot streak lately. First the grooves rule, now this. I feel they are on the edge of being drunk with power and may introduce some new changes. My prediction?

3. 10 club limit
    4. Bullseye putters only

I remember back a few years ago over at GR somebody posting a link about some dude trying to qualify for the PGA using old style clubs, persimmon woods, old style blades, no wedge greater than 56 degrees loft etc. Of course hardcore blades fanboys like Omen and BJ drivers thought it was great. So noble and worthy. Wonder what happened to that dude? It'd be nice to see a follow up story about his dismal failure.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu May 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

It is a truly bizarre look. The only description that comes to mind is a choir boy on acid. He's a facial scab away from looking homeless. It does serve as a lesson to anyone who thought he couldn't make himself any more annoying.

Or an altar boy on his knees.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Tue May 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

Yep, a couple of missing teeth and he would pass for a crystal meth hillbilly.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Tue May 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Horseballs wrote:I don't know if this belongs in the Slopes and Turns sticky, but you know this anchoring is out of hand when the 14 year old amateur Guan showed up at Augusta with one of those.
    14 year olds aren't supposed to resort to such cheating. They are supposed to have nerves of steel, untarnished by years of failure. They are supposed to ram every 5 footer into the back of the cup.
    This little turd will have to sack up and learn integrity if he wants to play into his 20s. Watching a 14 year old use a long putter is wrong on so many levels. The fact it was an Asian is conclusive proof that long putters are cheating.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed May 29, 2013 12:52 am

I'm impressed with the USGA. They didn't cave in like I expected them to. I anticipated some meeting between the PGA commissioner and USGA resulting in some kind of decree that it isn't fair to those who grew up with a broomstick. Instead, they stuck to their guns and outlawed the monstrosities.

Now, I know some people will be quick to point out that it isn't the club itself and that length has nothing to do with it. After all, it's the various methods of anchoring that have been outlawed. It is true that the rule is written in that fashion. IMO, though, it has everything to do with the way long putters look on tour and the people who have been using them. Not only am I OK with that but also I firmly believe that golf is a great sport/game because of the tradition and the fact that there is one set of rules in regard to equipment. I don't want to watch golf on TV and see a bunch of professionals using long or belly putters.

Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Wed May 29, 2013 2:10 pm

3. 10 club limit
    4. Bullseye putters only

Yap, I like 3. I would also like to see some 5 club events. Let's see who can golf a ball. Get rid of those one shot wonders.

Also 1 needs to be a ball that spins more than the current ball. Misses should move more left and right than they do with the current balls. Balls now seen to start to move then straighten out.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Wed May 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Poe4soul wrote:

3. 10 club limit
    4. Bullseye putters only

Yap, I like 3. I would also like to see some 5 club events. Let's see who can golf a ball. Get rid of those one shot wonders.

Also 1 needs to be a ball that spins more than the current ball. Misses should move more left and right than they do with the current balls. Balls now seen to start to move then straighten out.

I dunno about this. I can sure get my balls to spin pretty dramatically from left to right, especially with driver. Maybe you're just not skilled enough.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Wed May 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Poe4soul wrote:

3. 10 club limit
    4. Bullseye putters only

I dunno about this. I can sure get my balls to spin pretty dramatically from left to right, especially with driver. Maybe you're just not skilled enough.

I'm sure pros are more skilled than either of us. Having to hit the ball straight or be in the next fairway or trees will get the driving distances down, it allow the players to hold greens with mid iron, and they will have to control spin with wedges. Hell, you might even see some knock down shots with a P wedge or 9 iron instead of full sand wedges to back pins. I just think golf was more interesting when they golfed the ball around the course not bomb and gouge.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:10 am