The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

I am definitely putting better....

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

I am definitely putting better.... Empty I am definitely putting better....

Post  FamousDavis Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:23 pm

...since purchasing a barely used Taylormade Ghost Corza center shafted, 35 inch putter. After about 10 rounds I can accurately state that I am holing more putts than before. The four footers are much easier to make and I seem to roll in a long one more often than I had been doing before.

To my eye, this putter is extremely easy to line up with the hole. I simply put it down behind the ball, make an adjustment or two and then I feel supremely confident that I'm lined up correctly. It feels great, looks great and has the perfect amount of softness when coming off the insert. Not too soft but not too firm either. You know, the yin and the yang.

Anyway, this puppy is staying in my bag for awhile. I need to get a putter cover for it so that I can lose it within 36 holes. I'm famous for losing putter covers. Usually it takes less than two rounds for it to disappear. Of course, that's not nearly as bad as the fact that I've now lost my iPhone 3 times. Luckily, each time the nice samaritan has been nice enough to return it. Now I have a label on the back of it with my office phone for whoever finds it next. I have a secret code on my iphone in order to access the goods inside.

Out.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

I am definitely putting better.... Empty Re: I am definitely putting better....

Post  Mongrel Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Is that putter one of those big-headed monsters that look like it should be included as an attachment in the Advanced & Gifted Level Lego sets? I just got one of those monsters-- a Rife -- and the only reason I'm gonna keep a cover on it is not for its protection but the protection of its bag mates. I think I solved the head cover problem. Several years ago, some inlaw relative gave me a set of Philadelphia Eagles headcovers for woods. The largest one, evidently designed for a 460 cc driver head, fits over the putter head pretty snugly but I can get it on and off in about two seconds each way so that's gonna be the one. There's nothing more intimidating than a guy who has one of those monster headed putters holing everything from 4-8 feet in everytime and scaring the hole from 20-40 feet. I'm psyched to put it into play.
    Golfaholic

Post  Golfaholic Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Mostly German wrote: There's nothing more intimidating than a guy who has one of those monster headed putters holing everything from 4-8 feet in everytime and scaring the hole from 20-40 feet.

Not even someone that's clean shaven, wearing a tight shirt, who is standing close to you, while waiting to hit their 3 wood off the first tee in Match Play?
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:52 pm

FamousDavis wrote:...since purchasing a barely used Taylormade Ghost Corza center shafted, 35 inch putter. After about 10 rounds I can accurately state that I am holing more putts than before. The four footers are much easier to make and I seem to roll in a long one more often than I had been doing before.

To my eye, this putter is extremely easy to line up with the hole. I simply put it down behind the ball, make an adjustment or two and then I feel supremely confident that I'm lined up correctly. It feels great, looks great and has the perfect amount of softness when coming off the insert. Not too soft but not too firm either. You know, the yin and the yang.

Anyway, this puppy is staying in my bag for awhile. I need to get a putter cover for it so that I can lose it within 36 holes. I'm famous for losing putter covers. Usually it takes less than two rounds for it to disappear. Of course, that's not nearly as bad as the fact that I've now lost my iPhone 3 times. Luckily, each time the nice samaritan has been nice enough to return it. Now I have a label on the back of it with my office phone for whoever finds it next. I have a secret code on my iphone in order to access the goods inside.

Out.

Used a SC Futura with the bottom weight and some lead tape on the back arc last summer. Lines up easy and rolls nice. Don't miss many 4 footers and is great feeling for longer putts. Will use it again this summer for sure. Used for 50$.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:30 am

There's only one thing I hate on putters....and that is loft and the closed faces on 90% of putters.

Had a putting problem creep in a few rounds ago where my natural style was to bend over a lot,sorta like the old guys from yesteryear. My bad puts went from being strong to being pulled slightly to the left.

I didnt change anything for a while till it started happening more often.

Since then I have started standing alot more upright,using more of my shoulders to move the clubface and that has sorted out my pulling, Most of my putts go straight except the odd one here and there if I forgot to stand a little more upright

Theres only one thing better then a bad/good shot, and that is a consistent bad shot that does the same everytime.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:29 am

Golfaholic wrote:
    Mostly German wrote: There's nothing more intimidating than a guy who has one of those monster headed putters holing everything from 4-8 feet in everytime and scaring the hole from 20-40 feet.

Not even someone that's clean shaven, wearing a tight shirt, who is standing close to you, while waiting to hit their 3 wood off the first tee in Match Play?

Nobody stands close enough to me on the tee to bother me more than once. I have a habit of taking mini practice swings on the tees and can clear a six foot radius real quick.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:21 am