The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

testing video embed

Big Dave
    Big Dave

testing video embed Empty testing video embed

Post  Big Dave Thu May 02, 2013 12:04 pm

that sucked. Plan B.

okay, got it figured now.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

testing video embed Empty Re: testing video embed

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu May 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Nice looking swing there Big Dave and contact sounded sweet. What driver you swinging these days?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu May 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Nice languid full swing that looked like it was at half speed but by the rifle-shot sound of the impact the shot probably went 285. Damn.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu May 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:Nice looking swing there Big Dave and contact sounded sweet. What driver you swinging these days?

my oldie but goodie, the 2007 HiBore XL Tour on a UST V2 X flex.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu May 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Mongrel wrote:Nice languid full swing that looked like it was at half speed but by the rifle-shot sound of the impact the shot probably went 285. Damn.

That one went past 300, actually. A rare thing for me at this age. But when you're 6'4" and are shifting close to 300 lbs of bulk, clubhead speed is not that hard to make... I have a big arc despite my floppy short arms, just due to height alone... naturally, there's no substitute for athleticism, broad shoulders, long arms and technique.

But without those, I can still get decent speed just because of my size.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu May 02, 2013 2:41 pm

The trusty ole HiBore eh? I didn't think that crisp contact sounded like the distinctive clunk of the HiBore. Smile Don't see them in many bags these days. Same with the square drivers. So much for all that ground breaking 'geometry' that supposedly made these clubs so great. Funny how they have gone back to more traditional pear shaped woods these days.

Still, the 'soup ladle' geometry seems to work for you. Wink
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Fri May 03, 2013 6:19 am

Kiwigolfer wrote:The trusty ole HiBore eh? I didn't think that crisp contact sounded like the distinctive clunk of the HiBore. Smile Don't see them in many bags these days. Same with the square drivers. So much for all that ground breaking 'geometry' that supposedly made these clubs so great. Funny how they have gone back to more traditional pear shaped woods these days.

Still, the 'soup ladle' geometry seems to work for you. Wink

yeah, I hit the HiBore XLS 3 wood too, the 13* strong... on the Fujikura red shaft in X... as Famous Davis can attest, it generally goes almost as far as the driver... and I hit the XLS gaybrids but with S, not X shafts... that short a shaft just doesn't need to be a broom handle..

Not sure why but those clubs have been very steady long clubs for me for a long time.. it would be kind of awkward to go back to a normal looking clubhead now.. Shocked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:14 pm