The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

Video Editing

Pky6471

Video Editing

Post  Pky6471 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Any of you guys/ girls/ AC-DC do video editing for fun... I know big Dave has a lot of knowledge about this. What is the easiest software to use for non-pro. I watch some Utube clips using Sony Vegas, very impressive. The bottom link recommends Cyberlink Powerdirector, for the price and home use , maybe that's more than enough. I just bought a Sony HD camcorder PJ260V, very impressive quality , true HD 1080i using AVCHD format (quality of Blu-ray), the problem is even the most advanced TV won't recornize that format...yet, so you have to play AVCHD videos thru a HD media player or play on your computer (Windows 7 supports this format) and hard-wired your computer to a HD TV...

http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
    Big Dave

Re: Video Editing

Post  Big Dave on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 am

Pky6471 wrote:Any of you guys/ girls/ AC-DC do video editing for fun... I know big Dave has a lot of knowledge about this. What is the easiest software to use for non-pro. I watch some Utube clips using Sony Vegas, very impressive. The bottom link recommends Cyberlink Powerdirector, for the price and home use , maybe that's more than enough. I just bought a Sony HD camcorder PJ260V, very impressive quality , true HD 1080i using AVCHD format (quality of Blu-ray), the problem is even the most advanced TV won't recornize that format...yet, so you have to play AVCHD videos thru a HD media player or play on your computer (Windows 7 supports this format) and hard-wired your computer to a HD TV...

http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
    Any more I only know apple stuff. Avchd is easy to convert in Mac pro stuff but I just don't know pc stuff at all. That said, Sony Vegas is tops, lots of pros use it.
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Any more I only know apple stuff. Avchd is easy to convert in Mac pro stuff but I just don't know pc stuff at all. That said, Sony Vegas is tops, lots of pros use it.[/quote]

Thanks BIG Dave. Sony software that I downloaded from the Sony website can easily convert AVCHD to other lower quality video format via Windows-7 based computer. No doubt that Sony Vegas and Adobe Element are tops for video editing, but I found that CyberLink Powerdirector also has more that enough features for me to use. Just like everything else, we just have to get used to the software... Game on....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:43 am