The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

Back after a long trip....

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Back after a long trip.... Empty Back after a long trip....

Post  Pky6471 Sun May 01, 2016 4:01 pm

too much driving... Flew out to Chandler attending our niece's wedding at Phoenician ... beautiful resort, probably $200 a head for a wedding there... then we drove to Las Vegas for a nite, watched the Michael Jackson One show, great but not outstanding, next day we drove to the Hoover dam...., took a plant tour to almost to the inside bottom of the dam, almost 500 ft of solid cement wall , quite an impressive engineering piece of work. , then we drove east to Flagstaff and stayed at a hotel there, found a great local Greek restaurant nearby, Drove north to Grand Canyon the next morning, hung around there for 4 hrs then drove back to Chandler. Played a round with my brother the next day , fun course to play but too much roll, I always had to land in front of the greens and let it roll onto greens (don't like that)... flew home the next day.... Sh$$$t , I have T-time tomorrow

http://www.trilogygolfclub.com/powerranch/
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Back after a long trip.... Empty Re: Back after a long trip....

Post  Mongrel Tue May 03, 2016 5:45 pm

When you get to be my age, there is never enough roll on the fairways and always too much roll on the greens.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 am

Mongrel wrote:When you get to be my age, there is never enough roll on the fairways and always too much roll on the greens.

Be thankful you can still play, Mongrel.  We've had an absolutely beautiful summer here in New England, and yet here I am, walking with a cane and rarely leaving the house.  Next step is the urn, I suppose.

Plus my brain is ready to explode after watching the political news on cable all day. Thank God my bar is well stocked.  There's Sambuca in my morning coffee now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:51 pm