The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+2
Kiwigolfer
Fluffy
6 posters

Titleist 710 MB any info?

Fluffy
    Fluffy

Titleist 710 MB any info? Empty Titleist 710 MB any info?

Post  Fluffy Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:14 am

After the owner of a well known golf shop has been promising and making some false claims that my expected mp69's are ready for my collection I stumbled on a 2nd hand set of Titleist 710MB. At first I tought it was the latest set as the condition is that good,but read online they are the previous blade of titleist..

Any toughts for me on this Titleist 710MB? They look exactly the same as the titleist 712MB...Just the finish is not the same,the 710's are chrome plated. The clubs looks almost brand new and would cost me $300 less then the mp69's....
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Titleist 710 MB any info? Empty Re: Titleist 710 MB any info?

Post  Kiwigolfer Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:01 am

Fluffy wrote:After the owner of a well known golf shop has been promising and making some false claims that my expected mp69's are ready for my collection I stumbled on a 2nd hand set of Titleist 710MB. At first I tought it was the latest set as the condition is that good,but read online they are the previous blade of titleist..

Any toughts for me on this Titleist 710MB? They look exactly the same as the titleist 712MB...Just the finish is not the same,the 710's are chrome plated. The clubs looks almost brand new and would cost me $300 less then the mp69's....

I believe Poe4soul plays a mixed set of 3-6 710CB and 7-PW 710MB and he rates them very highly. He wishes he started the blades with the 6 iron MB instead of the 7 iron so he likes the blades very much. I'm sure he will chime in once he logs on. Great sticks for a proven ballstriker like you Fluffy.
    edgey
    edgey

Post  edgey Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:39 am

Buy some blades...WTF

Welcome to playing worse golf
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Fluffy wrote:After the owner of a well known golf shop has been promising and making some false claims that my expected mp69's are ready for my collection I stumbled on a 2nd hand set of Titleist 710MB. At first I tought it was the latest set as the condition is that good,but read online they are the previous blade of titleist..

I found a set of the 710 MB, 3-PW, KBS Tour Stiff shafts at Golf Galaxy in like new condition for $400. I didn't buy them but tried them in the simulator. Awesome feel, great distance and wonderful to look at. I was surprised by the great distance.

Buy them. Now.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:58 pm

FamousDavis wrote:

I found a set of the 710 MB, 3-PW, KBS Tour Stiff shafts at Golf Galaxy in like new condition for $400. I didn't buy them but tried them in the simulator. Awesome feel, great distance and wonderful to look at. I was surprised by the great distance.

Buy them. Now.

Friday afternoon I stopped into Golf Galaxy to just snoop around. There were some used sets. I took the 7 irons from a used Mizuno Mp something or other that looked almost new and had True Temper GS95 stiff shafts and an Adams forged headed 7 iron that had KBS Tour 90 shafts with no flex markings that I could see. I just wanted to test the shafts. Damn did that Adams feel really good. As a matter of fact, so did that Mizuno. Then this really old salesman came over and said something like "Well, here's the pro in our store." So I laughed at him and we chatted about clubhead speed and I told him probably 90 to 92 with driver so he said I had to be faster than that so he handed me this demo Taylor and I hit two balls. I told him that the shaft was too long for me and he said no, that's a stock shaft lenght. So I told him that the shaft was about 46.5" and he told me I was wrong. So I motioned for him to accompany me to the bench ruler and guess what? 46.5". Then he handed me a new Tit 913 with that Red Eyes Rip shaft in stiff. I told him that it was too stiff for me but he said that I'd been swinging in the 95-98 range. So I hit about five balls with the 913. Boy, did it feel real good. It was the D3 which is a smaller head. Then I noticed that the carry was between 178 and 189. When I told him that I carry my 909 DComp 225-245 he went silent.
    Dirtsquirrel

Titleist 710 MB any info? Empty Titleist 710 MB any info?

Post  Dirtsquirrel Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:01 pm

The Titleist may have a slightly narrower less forgiving sole grind but neither of these is a game improvement club. I would probably try the Titleist and set the $300 aside toward a used set of MP's later on if the MB's aren't working out for you. Cash offer in hand you may get the Titleist for even less than the asking price since they have been replaced by the 712.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:33 am

FamousDavis wrote:. I was surprised by the great distance.

Buy them. Now.

I saw the distance increase on the monitors,and couldnt believe it.I was hitting a 3 iron consistently 20meters further.... Dont want that...

So I have seen the set of Mizuno mp69s and they are brand spanking new. The shop has already ordered my x-100 shafts and I have paid R1500(+-$200) deposit...

I will do a review on the clubs as soon as I have them on how they compare to the mp33s... Lets just give a quick one..

The mp69's are 1-2 degrees stronger,launch angle is about 2 degrees weaker then the mp33's, the CLUBHEAD is SMALLER in the mp69s....On the simulator they felt just as smooth but the thing that interested me the most was that i was getting consistent spin using the same ball around +-100 spin difference at most...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:50 pm