The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+5
Horseballs
Lorenzzo
jetdriver
FamousDavis
Mongrel
9 posters

Captain Watson

Mongrel
    Mongrel

Captain Watson - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain Watson

Post  Mongrel Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:24 am

As I was watching some 2012 Ryder Cup highlights, compliments of the Golf Channel, early this AM whilst drinking my first cup of strong black Arabica bean of the day and smoking my first Winston Light 100 of the day, a blinding revelation came to me as Joe Mary Ola Thabbul was telling the Golfing Press about his team's victory. The upshot is that I believe the only way the USA wins this thing in Ought Fourteen is to have a dead golf hero as its Thirteenth Man. Now this year the Euros had their precious Sebby. Who, in the New World, would have such an impact on our Superstars of the Game? Like the Cup Captaincy, surely there must be some secret list of the order of things like this. Maybe Arnie?
    edgey
    edgey

Post  edgey Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:35 pm

I am very pleased that Watson is the new Captain for the USA. His huge experience in choking should serve his team well given their massive choke this year.

Perhaps he should consider giving Gregg (king of gagging) Norman the honoury Vice Captaincy.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 pm

edgey wrote:I am very pleased that Watson is the new Captain for the USA. His huge experience in choking should serve his team well given their massive choke this year.

Perhaps he should consider giving Gregg (king of gagging) Norman the honoury Vice Captaincy.

As long as you've got apathetic golfers on the US side, they will continue to lose. I don't care who the captain is. Stricker, Furyk and Tiger should never be on another team. They just don't give a shit and it's bringing down everyone else.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    edgey wrote:I am very pleased that Watson is the new Captain for the USA. His huge experience in choking should serve his team well given their massive choke this year.

As long as you've got apathetic golfers on the US side, they will continue to lose. I don't care who the captain is. Stricker, Furyk and Tiger should never be on another team. They just don't give a shit and it's bringing down everyone else.

They are apathetic because they make the team based on some sort of points ranking that stretches over the two years. So if a guy is hot in the first half of next year, wins some events and pockets beaucoup dineros, all he has to do is slack off for the next 18 months and he's an automatic on the team. I think that all twelve team members should be captain's picks and that those twelve picks would not have to come necessarily from those playing the PGA Tour.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 am

Mostly German wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

They are apathetic because they make the team based on some sort of points ranking that stretches over the two years. So if a guy is hot in the first half of next year, wins some events and pockets beaucoup dineros, all he has to do is slack off for the next 18 months and he's an automatic on the team. I think that all twelve team members should be captain's picks and that those twelve picks would not have to come necessarily from those playing the PGA Tour.

I thought they had changed things so that good performance closer to the Ryder Cup counts more than, say, performance from 1.5 years back. No?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:19 am