The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

The Official My NFL Team Choked Thread

Horseballs
    Horseballs

The Official My NFL Team Choked Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official My NFL Team Choked Thread

Post  Horseballs Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Mongrel wrote:The Denver-Green Bay Superbowl that will be played under either the stars or a major blizzard in the Meadowlands this coming February will feature the lowest TV ratings of any Superbowl in the past 40 years and will be quickly nicknamed "The Fly-Over Bowl".
    The last time those two teams played in the Superbowl, it was one of the best of all time.
    The worst of the most likely matchups would be the Falcons v. Texans.
    The NFL doesn't need a good matchup, good markets, or a good venue to guarantee viewship. The Superbowl is like Christmas. It's still going to be huge even if the popular toys are duds.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

The Official My NFL Team Choked Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official My NFL Team Choked Thread

Post  Horseballs Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:06 am

How about it, Zo? You can handle 3 teams right? Consider the Bengals your eastern time zone team. You also need a central time zone team. I suggest Green Bay. I have a feeling Chicago isn't going to be able to overcome Cutler at QB for any reasonable amount of time, and Indy will be a .500 team. The Saints could also be a contender, but New Orleans is a disgusting place. Even its bath 8 years ago can't clean off all the grime.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:07 am

Never been to New Orleans and a trip to visit is not on my bucket list. I have to admit that I have never and probably never will root for a team that plays its home games in an enclosed stadium. Football is a game meant to be played outside regardless of the weather. I think that delaying outdoors football games for potential lightning is a b!tch move. After all, the stadiums have the fields surrounded with high metal-framed walls where the spectators sit. If anything, they are the ones at the risk of lightning strikes. And all those flag poles are made from conducting metal and embedded in the earth far enough to provide good grounds so that if lightning would happen to strike on the playing field, whoever gets hit would be struck not by accident but by design. And the NFL has loads of candidates for The Designer.

Bengals looked good last night. Steelers looked better than in their first game. Nothing would please me more than to have either or both come into my ville and shut up these obnoxious purple-clad neighbors of mine.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:14 am

Well, after watching last night's game I am once again committed to my team the Bengals. I am concerned the Steelers were able to score 10 points on us. Seriously, looking at their offense they shouldn't score more than 10 points all season.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:37 am

Lorenzzo wrote:Well, after watching last night's game I am once again committed to my team the Bengals.  I am concerned the Steelers were able to score 10 points on us.  Seriously, looking at their offense they shouldn't score more than 10 points all season.
    Thank you for your support. Your EST team is playing the Packers at home next week. Don't be discouraged when the Bengals lose big. This is all part of the plan.

Short week + emotional letdown + good opponent = Bengals loss

Actually any 2 of those factors leads to a loss, so all three is going to be a blowout loss.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:01 pm

In recent years I've liked how the Bengals will take chances on players no one else wants, especially those young men with "off the field problems". I would have used "issues" instead of "problems" but I hate the modern substitution of an effete-sounding word for the good old masculine standby. That said, my current favorite Cincy troubled player is Mr. Vontaze Burfict, Jr. No one wanted him in the draft and I was hoping beforehand that my home team Eagles would take a flyer over him since he had the rep as a real hitter. A mean mo-fo. A bad go-getter. Just like that running back LaGarrette Blount which is pronounced "blunt" like the ghetto term for a really big joint. Another hitter. In fact he punched out some other college kid on the field after a game before he hit the NFL.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Mongrel wrote:In recent years I've liked how the Bengals will take chances on players no one else wants, especially those young men with "off the field problems". I would have used "issues" instead of "problems" but I hate the modern substitution of an effete-sounding word for the good old masculine standby. That said, my current favorite Cincy troubled player is Mr. Vontaze Burfict, Jr. No one wanted him in the draft and I was hoping beforehand that my home team Eagles would take a flyer over him since he had the rep as a real hitter. A mean mo-fo. A bad go-getter. Just like that running back LaGarrette Blount which is pronounced "blunt" like the ghetto term for a really big joint. Another hitter. In fact he punched out some other college kid on the field after a game before he hit the NFL.
    Yeah, Burfict is a steal. He's now the Mike on D, wrestling away the leadership role from Rey Maualuga, who is a major dissapointment. Burfict is a huge trash-talker. Probably the kind of guy I would hate if he played for a rival. A bit like Joey Porter.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:Well, after watching last night's game I am once again committed to my team the Bengals.  I am concerned the Steelers were able to score 10 points on us.  Seriously, looking at their offense they shouldn't score more than 10 points all season.
    Thank you for your support.  Your EST team is playing the Packers at home next week.  Don't be discouraged when the Bengals lose big.  This is all part of the plan.  

Actually any 2 of those factors leads to a loss, so all three is going to be a blowout loss.  
    Yes, I realized the pissed off Packers would be coming to town, but when you support a team, you don't just do it when your team's kicking ass, you're there for them through thick and thin.

I'm not just some fair weather fan. I don't just support the Bengals, it's like I'm on the team and in the huddle. I don't really know anyone on the team, but I like to pretend I do. Yes, I'm the archetypal American football fan. My penchant for utter fantasy overrides grounded thought because as an American I have little capacity to absorb reality, but unlimited ability to buy into fiction and create some of my own.

Go Bengals.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Thank you for your support.  Your EST team is playing the Packers at home next week.  Don't be discouraged when the Bengals lose big.  This is all part of the plan.  

Yes, I realized the pissed off Packers would be coming to town, but when you support a team, you don't just do it when your team's kicking ass, you're there for them through thick and thin.  

I'm not just some fair weather fan.  I don't just support the Bengals, it's like I'm on the team and in the huddle.  I don't really know anyone on the team, but I like to pretend I do.  Yes, I'm the archetypal American football fan.  My penchant for utter fantasy overrides grounded thought because as an American I have little capacity to absorb reality, but unlimited ability to buy into fiction and create some of my own.

Go Bengals.
    Wow. Now I know why LA, SLC and Italy don't have NFL teams.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

I'm not just some fair weather fan.  I don't just support the Bengals, it's like I'm on the team and in the huddle.  I don't really know anyone on the team, but I like to pretend I do.  Yes, I'm the archetypal American football fan.  My penchant for utter fantasy overrides grounded thought because as an American I have little capacity to absorb reality, but unlimited ability to buy into fiction and create some of my own.

Go Bengals.
    Wow.  Now I know why LA, SLC and Italy don't have NFL teams.  
    Wait a minute, I'm jumping in with both feet supporting our team. That is the mindset, isn't it?
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

Go Bengals.
    Wait a minute, I'm jumping in with both feet supporting our team.  That is the mindset, isn't it?
    No. That isn't what normal people do.
    I know this guy who simply cannot do anything halfway. He cannot just have a couple of drinks with dinner. It's either water, or 2 bottles of wine and 4 scotches. He can't just exercise to stay healthy. It's either doing nothing, or training for triathlons. Manic and sad, or manic and happy.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:11 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:

Go Bengals.
    Wait a minute, I'm jumping in with both feet supporting our team.  That is the mindset, isn't it?
    No.  That isn't what normal people do.  
    I know this guy who simply cannot do anything halfway.  He cannot just have a couple of drinks with dinner.  It's either water, or 2 bottles of wine and 4 scotches.  He can't just exercise to stay healthy.  It's either doing nothing, or training for triathlons.  Manic and sad, or manic and happy.  
    Hey, I'm just looking to fit in here.  You know, when in Rome....  So if I go along with some of the rituals I can rationalize not being an automaton?  Like recycling a few bottles makes driving a car ok?  Thanks, I'd rather not have to paint my face orange. As it is, standing in freezing temps with only orange paint on my chest is going to be difficult enough.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:36 am