The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

2 posters

My God-given swing sucks...

Pky6471
    Pky6471

My God-given swing sucks... Empty My God-given swing sucks...

Post  Pky6471 Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:23 am

I tend to hit everything HIGH. My driver's launch angle is 15-17* with 3200 spin rate, that robs my distance. When I hit 7i, its loft is 7i at best or could be 8i... sucks big time
    I've been changing how hold my clubs, butt ends of shaft now points to left side of my hip (used to be 2"-3" left side of my zipper)... Feel funny at first, but once I know it works I feel very comfortable with this set up. My driver's trajectory is more penetrating , I know for sure I pick up at least 15+ yds due to better trajectory.

(FD : who do I attach pix... after I select pix, "host it"... then what... I saw 4 options buy none worked. I know I did before , but could cout make it work this time. thanks
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

My God-given swing sucks... Empty Re: My God-given swing sucks...

Post  Mongrel Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:00 pm

My best driver distance numbers on the Golf Galaxy simulator came from a launch angle about 16* with spin around 3,400 rpms. Most of the drives I hit in simulators show around 4,000 revs no matter what driver I'm using. I guess I'm just a high rev guy. Experimenting with different address and impact positions is a lot cheaper than lessons or re-shafting or buying new clubs. When you dial it in, it will be very rewarding. Keep at it.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:25 am

Mongrel wrote:My best driver distance numbers on the Golf Galaxy simulator came from a launch angle about 16* with spin around 3,400 rpms. Most of the drives I hit in simulators show around 4,000 revs no matter what driver I'm using. I guess I'm just a high rev guy. Experimenting with different address and impact positions is a lot cheaper than lessons or re-shafting or buying new clubs. When you dial it in, it will be very rewarding. Keep at it.
    Thanks Mongrel... I will keep at it. I used to play that way, not sure why I drift away from that to 2"-3" left of my zipper. I've been frustrating that I hit it high, so I move from 10.5* to 9* driver, it helps but not much. Now I am back to "butt end points toward far left side of my hip"... Feel funny at first since club face is a few degrees lower than it really is, but I can't argue with the result and that makes me feel a lot more comfortable with that address. The true test is this Friday PM when I play Deerfield GC with a gang at work... Just like what they say, it's the Indian not arrow Razz 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:55 pm