The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+17
12pierogi
Big Dave
FreakOfNature
Lorenzzo
Homeslice
Horseballs
Dirtsquirrel
jmtbkr
Fluffy
jt1135
Pky6471
Kiwigolfer
Golfaholic
rooteen
Olderplayer
Mongrel
FamousDavis
21 posters

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis

Big Dave
    Big Dave

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis - Page 3 Empty Re: A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis

Post  Big Dave Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 am

tonyj5 wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:
    tonyj5 wrote:Good Job FD. I couldn't get on over at the old place anymore.
    Good news is I love what you have done here.
    Bed news is I have to take more abuse when I post my LPGA articles. Smile
    Tony, I saw that a "TonyJ50" has registered over at the other place. What's this world coming to? I, for one, now take the pledge not to rag on the LPGA players. As for the "Bed news", that will be the most interesting if you can get any.

The tonyj50 was me. When I couldn't get on as tonyj5 anymore I registered under another e-mail and name. That didn't work either as I couldn't log in that way either.
    Hoping the bed news is about Paula. And that there are pics. But I am beginning to feel a sense of disappointment, like it was just a typo, like you meant bad news instead of news about people in bed.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis - Page 3 Empty Re: A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis

Post  Fluffy Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:57 am

Mostly German wrote:
    Fluffy wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:
    Fluffy wrote:As a post for recent equipment changes only bent my 2iron to 15degrees making it a 1iron...This club is AWESOME and replace my 3wood no questions asked. I also have started hitting my 5degree krank a little more consistent and joined a new golf club for the coming year.

So may I be the first one to post on this forum that I drive the ball 350yards out the gate affraid ... thanks, thank you, thank you...

What shaft is in your Krank? How long? Etc.

Got a 47" House of Forged Low Trajectory white shaft, XXXX hard tipped to the max....Still feels whippy when going after one... On the course I swing the 5Degree around 120mph, It brought my trajectory exactly where I want it...I will seriously never by any other driver again, except if I can get around a 7.5 max with some aftermarket heavy x stiff shaft.

Playing an LD driver in a regular round is pretty damn impressive. Have you ever swung a driver with the Nunchuk shaft by Inventix/UST? I think Jonatton Vegas still uses one on the PGA tour.

No. Here in SA we have very limited shafts available from our golf shops. They clearly cater only for hackers. I dont think of my driver as a longdrive driver. It fits me just better,I hit it far more consistent and straighter then any other driver I have owned. If I knew these clubs existed I wouldve had one at 14.
    I saw the new/old Callaway Razr drivers yesterday,and the razr black... The 8.5 degree driver has more loft then my 3wood.... Measured loft is the best thing I have learned after shaft firmness,and longer shafts.
    JonT
    JonT

Post  JonT Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:27 am

Thanks, FD , for starting this site. Good to see regular contributors to the other site are coming in here; some of the best writing, and humor on the Internet.

It seems once again that you, FD, and I are on parallel ho'ing paths; I recently picked up a set of Ping S59's with zz65 shafts and love the way they have been working for me; the zz65's remind of my favorites, DG S300's, but being 20 grams lighter seems to make all the difference.

I've been ho'ing a lot of equipment lately so I will try to pass along highlights of those experiments as I go forward seeking the perfect combination;)
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis - Page 3 Empty ATTN BUDDHA:

Post  Lorenzzo Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:18 pm

I posted another thread at GR designed to divert all traffic here. If we have that and the other diversion thread as the sole stickies they can effectively substitute this site for GR and maybe we lose very little, it's just an additional button press for new members. So csn you sticky it and de-sticky non recruiting threads? Maybe throw a few asterisks in it.

If others have suggestions on how to more effectively capture GR's traffic, now's the time.
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Any reason why I can't paste an avatar?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:45 pm

tonyj5 wrote:Any reason why I can't paste an avatar?

Yes, I have put you on double secret probation.

Actually, I have no idea why you can't post an avatar. Maybe you aren't doing it right? Make sure you are actually doing it under the avatar option rather than something else. I recall running into something like that myself.
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:50 pm

FamousDavis wrote:

Actually, I have no idea why you can't post an avatar. Maybe you aren't doing it right? Make sure you are actually doing it under the avatar option rather than something else. I recall running into something like that myself.

OK. I'm a little slow, but I figured it out.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:57 am

tonyj5 wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

OK. I'm a little slow, but I figured it out.
    You certainly did, and we are all grateful, except that metrosexual SoonerBS.. Someone needs to go and troll him over here... I think I still have his cell number from the last time I kicked his golfing azz... Lemme get on that. Thanks for the avatar, tony. :-)
    emmanmin

Post  emmanmin Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:14 am

Glad to find you guys again. Life was quite boring for a while !
    jetdriver
    jetdriver

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis - Page 3 Empty I moved over here too.

Post  jetdriver Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Great work FD..
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:42 pm

jetdriver wrote:Great work FD..

Welcome aboard! I haven't seen any postings from you in awhile ever since you and AB got into an argument about an airplane and how it lands.
    jetdriver
    jetdriver

Post  jetdriver Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:07 pm

FamousDavis wrote:

Welcome aboard! I haven't seen any postings from you in awhile ever since you and AB got into an argument about an airplane and how it lands.

Thanks for the welcome FD...yeah I kind-of realized that I was spending a lot of time there so I took a break for a while, I have since demoted myself to "paper airplane test pilot" on your site in an effort to keep the hostilities down from canadian mounted basement dwellers. study
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:15 pm

jetdriver wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

Thanks for the welcome FD...yeah I kind-of realized that I was spending a lot of time there so I took a break for a while, I have since demoted myself to "paper airplane test pilot" on your site in an effort to keep the hostilities down from canadian mounted basement dwellers. study
    Me and JD been talking on FB this whole time. Turns out we have a friend in common in real life, I trolled him back over here. I put this iPad in "airplane mode" in his honor but I couldn't log on, so....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:38 am