The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+17
12pierogi
Big Dave
FreakOfNature
Lorenzzo
Homeslice
Horseballs
Dirtsquirrel
jmtbkr
Fluffy
jt1135
Pky6471
Kiwigolfer
Golfaholic
rooteen
Olderplayer
Mongrel
FamousDavis
21 posters

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis

jt1135
    jt1135

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis - Page 2 Empty Re: A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis

Post  jt1135 Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:44 pm

FamousDavis wrote:OK, hope this works. This admin stuff is for the birds:

Do you get a free bowl of soup with it? And where are the naked lady tees?
    jt1135
    jt1135

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis - Page 2 Empty Re: A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis

Post  jt1135 Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Where did the hat go FD?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis - Page 2 Empty I'm doing some admin things. Trying to figure out attachments.

Post  FamousDavis Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:47 pm

jt...did you actually see the hat in the message or did you have to click on it to see it. Trying again...
    Attachments
    A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis - Page 2 Attachmentz ping boonie.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (24 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis - Page 2 Empty Test 2

Post  FamousDavis Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:49 pm

here we go. YOu should see a photo
    Attachments
    A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis - Page 2 Attachmentz bobby jones irons.jpg
    (12 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis - Page 2 Empty 3rd time. changed size of thumbnail.

Post  FamousDavis Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:50 pm

OK, three's a charm.
    Attachments
    A hearty welcome and introduction from FamousDavis - Page 2 Attachmentz kiss makeup kit.jpg
    Hope this works
    (49 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
    Olderplayer
    Olderplayer

Post  Olderplayer Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:Great work FD.

It appears another GR stalwart, FON, has created a new site too.

gr-lives-again.proboards.com

What a conundrum we face? Shocked
    Great to see you Kiwi. Now only 9,999 posts to go to get back up to where you were. Very Happy
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 pm

FamousDavis wrote:OK, three's a charm.

I don't know if it's browser related or not but I can see all 3 pix FD posted using Internet Explorer
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Kiwi... still bag your Cleveland Launcher 460 driver???
    FreakOfNature
    FreakOfNature

Post  FreakOfNature Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:00 pm

cheers

Username "FreakOfNature" is currently unavailable.

Twisted Evil

J/K, it's me. tongue
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Fluffy wrote:As a post for recent equipment changes only bent my 2iron to 15degrees making it a 1iron...This club is AWESOME and replace my 3wood no questions asked. I also have started hitting my 5degree krank a little more consistent and joined a new golf club for the coming year.

So may I be the first one to post on this forum that I drive the ball 350yards out the gate affraid ... thanks, thank you, thank you...

What shaft is in your Krank? How long? Etc.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Pky6471 wrote:

No. After a poor performance the weekend before last it lost it's place in the bag to the Mighty Nickent 4DX which I was crushing in the South Island this past weekend.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:

No. After a poor performance the weekend before last it lost it's place in the bag to the Mighty Nickent 4DX which I was crushing in the South Island this past weekend.

I don't ever recall hearing so many great reviews for such an ugly driver. I think part of the reason you guys like it is because of the $49 price tag. That's why price should never be a component of a review. I've never understood why some review forums have a value rating. It either works or it doesn't.

I can't wait to try out my Taylormade Ghost center shafter putter although I don't quite understand the purpose of the golf ball-sized hole in the rear of the mallet. I've tried picking up a ball with it and it's impossible. Maybe it's phallic? santa
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:20 am

jt1135 wrote:
    The mtbr board just wasn't for me. Anybody let Larry and Alan know?
    I miss Larry's wit and wisdom. Nice job here FD.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:53 am

Mostly German wrote:
    Fluffy wrote:As a post for recent equipment changes only bent my 2iron to 15degrees making it a 1iron...This club is AWESOME and replace my 3wood no questions asked. I also have started hitting my 5degree krank a little more consistent and joined a new golf club for the coming year.

So may I be the first one to post on this forum that I drive the ball 350yards out the gate affraid ... thanks, thank you, thank you...

Got a 47" House of Forged Low Trajectory white shaft, XXXX hard tipped to the max....Still feels whippy when going after one... On the course I swing the 5Degree around 120mph, It brought my trajectory exactly where I want it...I will seriously never by any other driver again, except if I can get around a 7.5 max with some aftermarket heavy x stiff shaft.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 am

And yes. I do feel like the guy in my Avatar.
    12pierogi
    12pierogi

Post  12pierogi Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:08 am

FamousDavis wrote:This is kind of strange as I'm actually posting a thread onto a website where I am currently the sole member. You see, I started this forum because I could no longer access my former stomping grounds where I enjoyed talking about golf, golf equipment and pretty much anything related to the sport.

I'm hoping some of my buddies from my former stomping grounds will join the fun.

Oh, my name is FD (short for FamousDavis) and I'm the best ball striker I know. I love to talk about golf equipment and I've probably bought and sold over 500 sets of irons over the last 20 years. I know a great deal about golf equipment in terms of how different irons and drivers play on the course.

Feel free to argue and flame on this forum but don't curse. It's against the parent company's rules.

My latest set of Ping i3+ Blade irons arrived yesterday. They look brand new. Z-Z65 shafts baby.

Cheers. afro

Thanks for the welcome to your newly created forum.
    I really didn't read any of the review section much anymore, so no big loss. I enjoyed the commeraderri more in the forum.
    I'm going to have to cut this short as I have to take my child to school.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:44 am

Fluffy wrote:
    Mostly German wrote:

Got a 47" House of Forged Low Trajectory white shaft, XXXX hard tipped to the max....Still feels whippy when going after one... On the course I swing the 5Degree around 120mph, It brought my trajectory exactly where I want it...I will seriously never by any other driver again, except if I can get around a 7.5 max with some aftermarket heavy x stiff shaft.

Playing an LD driver in a regular round is pretty damn impressive. Have you ever swung a driver with the Nunchuk shaft by Inventix/UST? I think Jonatton Vegas still uses one on the PGA tour.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 pm

FamousDavis wrote:This is kind of strange as I'm actually posting a thread onto a website where I am currently the sole member. You see, I started this forum because I could no longer access my former stomping grounds where I enjoyed talking about golf, golf equipment and pretty much anything related to the sport.

I'm hoping some of my buddies from my former stomping grounds will join the fun.

Oh, my name is FD (short for FamousDavis) and I'm the best ball striker I know. I love to talk about golf equipment and I've probably bought and sold over 500 sets of irons over the last 20 years. I know a great deal about golf equipment in terms of how different irons and drivers play on the course.

Feel free to argue and flame on this forum but don't curse. It's against the parent company's rules.

My latest set of Ping i3+ Blade irons arrived yesterday. They look brand new. Z-Z65 shafts baby.

Cheers. afro

congrats. Much as I love my Adams paddles, I still miss my Zing 2s with the ZZ65... shot some of my best rounds with those, including a 75 and a dozen 76's... There was a time when Big Dave could have been among the top twenty ball strikers amongst the GR veteran crowd, and in that time, there was Ping. I always wanted to try the i3+ but I was afraid the heads would throw shadows over the rest of the range and pi$$ off the other customers. Very Happy
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Good Job FD. I couldn't get on over at the old place anymore.
    Good news is I love what you have done here.
    Bed news is I have to take more abuse when I post my LPGA articles. Smile
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:59 pm

tonyj5 wrote:Good Job FD. I couldn't get on over at the old place anymore.
    Tony, I saw that a "TonyJ50" has registered over at the other place. What's this world coming to? I, for one, now take the pledge not to rag on the LPGA players. As for the "Bed news", that will be the most interesting if you can get any.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Welcome aboard Tony. I was afraid that I'd miss one of your LPGA updates.

I'm continuing to tinker with this website and will create a review folder as well, per Mongrel's request. Some of you may have noticed a change in the "skin" or colors of the site. I thought green would be better than dark gray. I'm learning as I go. This site is definitely easier to post photos and video.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:17 pm

FamousDavis wrote:

I'm continuing to tinker with this website and will create a review folder as well, per Mongrel's request. Some of you may have noticed a change in the "skin" or colors of the site. I thought green would be better than dark gray. I'm learning as I go. This site is definitely easier to post photos and video.
    I can't embed for the first week, so I will give it the shakedown cruise in a few days. Lookin good so far, FD. :-) and we have Tony, just need Larry now and that unemployed Canadian guy he always fights with.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Big Dave wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

I can't embed for the first week, so I will give it the shakedown cruise in a few days. Lookin good so far, FD. :-) and we have Tony, just need Larry now and that unemployed Canadian guy he always fights with.
    Alan! Remembered him because I am watching Big Bang Theory and the fights between Leonard and Sheldon remind me of Larry and Alan.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:22 pm

Olderplayer wrote:

Great to see you Kiwi. Now only 9,999 posts to go to get back up to where you were. Very Happy
    I must say its great to have the opportunity to cleanly change nick without the cloud of angry suspicion of a potential troll or faker... OP has cleverly kept his acronymic nick. KP, not so much... Errm, KG, sorry. :-)
    tonyj5
    tonyj5

Post  tonyj5 Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 am

Mostly German wrote:
    Tony, I saw that a "TonyJ50" has registered over at the other place. What's this world coming to? I, for one, now take the pledge not to rag on the LPGA players. As for the "Bed news", that will be the most interesting if you can get any.

The tonyj50 was me. When I couldn't get on as tonyj5 anymore I registered under another e-mail and name. That didn't work either as I couldn't log in that way either.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:07 am