The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+13
Poe4soul
12pierogi
jetdriver
Kiwigolfer
FreakOfNature
Lord Helmet
Pky6471
Mongrel
Horseballs
rooteen
Fluffy
Player
FamousDavis
17 posters

The 2013 Masters Tournament

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

The 2013 Masters Tournament Empty The 2013 Masters Tournament

Post  FamousDavis Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:59 pm

...brought to you by Caddyshack.

My picks for this week are Tiger Woods, Rickey Fowler and Hunter Mahan. My alternate is Justin Rose. I don't think Rory will do that well.

I am hoping the following do not get on the top of the leaderboard heading into Sunday: Singh, Shrek, Westwood, or Na.

No other tournament like it exists. The flying robes, the grace....stunning.

From the Squire utilizing his spoon to hit a 240 yard shot that resulted in a double eagle to Tiger Wood's amazing chip-in on 16. Yes, the Masters is truly a unique place.

The Augusta National membership is not afraid to exercise its muscle either. Rather than try to appease Martha Burke and her sordid lot, they made her protest outside of a waffle house in the worst part of Augusta, GA. The only thing she got out of the entire experience was fried chicken & waffles.

Please share your comments on this year's Master's Tournament!!

[img]The 2013 Masters Tournament Z_nick10[/img]
    Player
    Player

The 2013 Masters Tournament Empty Re: The 2013 Masters Tournament

Post  Player Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. Watching 75 year old feebs who cant hit it out of their own shadow opening the event hitting worm burners and cold tops down the first sort of sets the tone for the standard of this event compared to the major championships.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Player wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean. Watching 75 year old feebs who cant hit it out of their own shadow opening the event hitting worm burners and cold tops down the first sort of sets the tone for the standard of this event compared to the major championships.

Come now. We both know Nicklaus would beat you by 20 strokes minimum at Augusta National. They have a pool near the clubhouse and a pond near the 12th. Pond would be good for you.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:54 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    Player wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean. Watching 75 year old feebs who cant hit it out of their own shadow opening the event hitting worm burners and cold tops down the first sort of sets the tone for the standard of this event compared to the major championships.

Come now. We both know Nicklaus would beat you by 20 strokes minimum at Augusta National. They have a pool near the clubhouse and a pond near the 12th. Pond would be good for you.
    I would have no trouble if it was stroke. Like all old blokes he would be fukt at the first hole where there was a water carry of over 100 yards.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:55 am

I am hoping Tiger wins....Then hoping he makes it very clear of everyone's thoughts buy throwing out a middlefinger or give one hell of a outburst to the world... saying "I am the man, F*** You!!!!" grabbing the camera and doing the bulldance...

rooteen
    rooteen

Post  rooteen Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:02 am

ok, i will take any aussie, south african, asian, ...... ok i will take anyone who isn't a yank. Razz
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:27 am

Who is Shrek? I thought that was Westwood.
    The only thing I worry about Tiger is his driver swing. If he can avoid overswinging, he should win just by being a couple over par on the par 3's and par 4's.
    The talking heads the Golf Channel were really talking up Justin Rose. I haven't watched a ton of golf this year, but is that guy really playing that well?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:45 am

The only talking head I saw on the golf channel talking up Rose was Colin Montgomerie who said that he thought that Rose was the UK's best hope this week. I think Poulter has a better shot and would like to see him in contention on the last nine on Sunday. I think it is high time that a Euro won the event. One of the Swedes or a Spaniard would be swell. Sergio would be really good for golf. A final pairing of Tiger and Sergio would be like a three inch thick slab of the finest Kobe beef cooked just above true rare so that you could cut it with your fork. Ahhh.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:49 am

Player wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

I would have no trouble if it was stroke. Like all old blokes he would be fukt at the first hole where there was a water carry of over 100 yards.

I always forget that you're more of a pseudo golfer that doesn't always know what he's talking about. Jack Nicklaus is still an excellent golfer for his age. He's only 73 and can easily shoot under par. Maybe you're thinking of Palmer? Are Australians bedridden by the time they hit 70?

Anyway, on with the Masters. Looks like Carl Patterson is two under. Now there is a guy that represents everything I don't like about golf. He has that spoiled, stuffy look to him and uses a long putter. He's portly and looks like he belonged to the computer club in high school. To cap it all off his favorite color to wear is pink. Please don't let this guy lead the tournament. He's probably into trombones, tubas and other horn instruments.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Whoever could putt like Inbee Park would win... I think lefty would have an edge at the Masters but I doubt if Bubba could do it again, he works a ball way too much IMO , he was lucky last yr on # 10 hole when he hook a GW onto the green, granted he has strength and skills to do so, but that's a very low percentage shot and not repeatable, when it's not repeatable then it's pure luck... I vote for Luke this year
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:55 pm

I saw a little story on TV late last night about Bubba and how he works the ball. I think it is anything but luck and is a result of lots of experimentation and hard work and that many could learn how to do it but the shots would not be as impressive because we lack the clubhead speed and flexibility. When I was but a boy, my father taught me how to hit some unusual shots with open and closed club faces and the more I practised, the better at curving the ball I got. When the entire world of golf banned metal spikes, my abilities to pull these shots off diminished to almost nothing since most of my power came from the ground up.
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Remind me, how did Ian Woosnam get into the field?
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Mongrel wrote:I saw a little story on TV late last night about Bubba and how he works the ball. I think it is anything but luck and is a result of lots of experimentation and hard work and that many could learn how to do it but the shots would not be as impressive because we lack the clubhead speed and flexibility. When I was but a boy, my father taught me how to hit some unusual shots with open and closed club faces and the more I practised, the better at curving the ball I got. When the entire world of golf banned metal spikes, my abilities to pull these shots off diminished to almost nothing since most of my power came from the ground up.

I am sure we watched the same show last night on Golf Channel,,, as I said, no doubt he has skills to take that shot, as long as we could not repeat the shot then by statistic it's involved a lot of luck Razz
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:33 pm

Lord Helmet wrote:Remind me, how did Ian Woosnam get into the field?

Some years ago he managed to score lower than anyone else in the field those four days and also managed, with the help of his caddie, to limit the number of clubs in his bag to 14 each day.
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Mongrel wrote:
    Lord Helmet wrote:Remind me, how did Ian Woosnam get into the field?

Some years ago he managed to score lower than anyone else in the field those four days and also managed, with the help of his caddie, to limit the number of clubs in his bag to 14 each day.

Duh. Not with it today. Thx.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:56 pm

Woosnam's win was the worst Maters ever. I was so pissed when he sunk that final putt.

Tiger is 3 under and so is Sergio. Can't Furyk just go away? Couples is 2 under.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Pky6471 wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:I saw a little story on TV late last night about Bubba and how he works the ball. I think it is anything but luck and is a result of lots of experimentation and hard work and that many could learn how to do it but the shots would not be as impressive because we lack the clubhead speed and flexibility. When I was but a boy, my father taught me how to hit some unusual shots with open and closed club faces and the more I practised, the better at curving the ball I got. When the entire world of golf banned metal spikes, my abilities to pull these shots off diminished to almost nothing since most of my power came from the ground up.

I am sure we watched the same show last night on Golf Channel,,, as I said, no doubt he has skills to take that shot, as long as we could not repeat the shot then by statistic it's involved a lot of luck Razz
    What? He meant to play a huge delofted hook. He meant to hit the green. He did hit a huge delofted hook and he did hit the green. He hasn't tried to repeat it. Not luck. If anything, he was lucky to have a stance and swing that far into the woods.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Zach Johnson 3 under . Damn
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Yes, damn. If it wasn't for those butch shades that make him look like a smarmy 13 year old at the State Fair, I wouldn't mind as much. The key to prognosticating his immediate future success is to analize the way he plays the par 5's. When he won, he laid up on every one and wedged his third shots close enough to make a majority of the birdie putts. So if he's employing that tactic this year, Katie bar the door! It would be interesting to see that 14 year old Chinaman win it just for the suspense of what he would serve at next year's Winner's Dinner. Maw, better you keep Lassie and Rinny inside for a week or so, you hear?
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Rory is really busting his drives out there. That inferior titleist equipment must have been holding him back. Nike 1-2 this year?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Nicklaus makes comments in press tent that he and Tiger have never said more than a few sentences to each other.

All that tells me is that Tiger don't need no help. It's not like Nicklaus asked Palmer for advice.

Why is Woosnam playing. He should give up his spot.

How could anyone say Bubbas shot was lucky?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Two things: When I got home from work and switched the channel to the Masters, I watched that 14 year old Chinaman birdie 18. To finish with a 73. Unbelievable. Hope he makes the cut. Number two as Player touched on above, for me the Masters and other majors can be about other things besides the players. Like the equipment. It would be interesting to me to see which manufacturer holds the majors record for their drivers, irons, putters, balls, gloves, shoes etc. At least in the Modern Era. Taylormade has a good horse in Dustin Johnson. Titeist is a bit of a long shot at least regarding their woods and irons. Luke may be Mizuno's only entry in the contest.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:20 am

I noticed during tigers post round interview the interviewer trying to bait him into a negative comment about his round. Tiger played a straight bat and cheerfully told him he waspleased with his round and that there no things he needed to work on too hard. Tiger knows 2 under on thursday puts him well and truly in the frame and he wanted the field to know how confident he was that 70 was a good enough score to put a scare through the field. The guys on 6 under will likely come back, and the good players in front are close enough to easily overtake. I liked the way he handled that interview, he looks ready to win majors again.
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:22 am

I'm pissed.....

I started living at a new place about 4 months ago.Flat next to a house. There was a cable for our landlords Satelite TV. Showing everything they watch. They were kind enough to switch over to the Masters since its during 21:00 -01:00 ine the evenings here by us... Get to my TV need to plug the cable in since Iv'e newer used it and whala,the most distorted signal ever. Tried changind the plug at the end of the cable but still not working. Will try again tonight to get the signal working
    FreakOfNature
    FreakOfNature

Post  FreakOfNature Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:25 am

Fluffy wrote:I'm pissed.....

I started living at a new place about 4 months ago.Flat next to a house. There was a cable for our landlords Satelite TV. Showing everything they watch. They were kind enough to switch over to the Masters since its during 21:00 -01:00 ine the evenings here by us... Get to my TV need to plug the cable in since Iv'e newer used it and whala,the most distorted signal ever. Tried changind the plug at the end of the cable but still not working. Will try again tonight to get the signal working

If all else fails, you could always watch a stream on your computer. Sure, the video probably won't be HD quality, but it'll be nostalgic, like when the old farts on this board were watching Jack and Arnie in black and white on the old rabbit ear box. Except the stream would be in color. And you wouldn't wonder if it's actually snowing in Georgia in April. Laughing

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember B&W TV. Take me out behind the woodshed and gimme 2 slugs. Make it humane, I've suffered enough.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:26 am