The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Have U seen a white Cally clubs before?

Pky6471
    Pky6471

Have U seen a white Cally clubs before? Empty Have U seen a white Cally clubs before?

Post  Pky6471 Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:17 am

... Now U do, Ely is turning over in his grave Razz [img]Have U seen a white Cally clubs before? Img_0110[/img]
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Have U seen a white Cally clubs before? Empty Re: Have U seen a white Cally clubs before?

Post  Mongrel Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:35 am

I got some medals from your old government that look something like that minus the white.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Have U seen a white Cally clubs before? Empty Re: Have U seen a white Cally clubs before?

Post  jt1135 Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:44 am

Mostly German wrote:I got some medals from your old government that look something like that minus the white.

Wonder if that means they were made in Vietnam?
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:43 am

Pky6471 wrote:... Now U do, Ely is turning over in his grave Razz [img]Have U seen a white Cally clubs before? Img_0110[/img]

It looks to me like someone went to Home Depot, purchased some Rustoleum white paint and did a shabby job with the masking tape. My regular playing partner did the same thing with his Taylormade R9 and it looked like crap.

Now, another guy I knew when I lived in Nor Cal had access to a custom auto paint shop professional and had flames painted onto the crown using an airbrush. That looked really cool until the paint started chipping.

Now they have these decals you can purchase that you simply peel and stick onto the crown.

Just my opinion by i think it looks really stupid.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Good friend of mine has run a body and paint shop for 30 years. He did his R7 in white and he did a damn nice job. He has done a few other clubs for friends. Ever seen a green hibore iron?
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:24 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Pky6471 wrote:... Now U do, Ely is turning over in his grave Razz [img]Have U seen a white Cally clubs before? Img_0110[/img]

It looks to me like someone went to Home Depot, purchased some Rustoleum white paint and did a shabby job with the masking tape. My regular playing partner did the same thing with his Taylormade R9 and it looked like crap.

Now, another guy I knew when I lived in Nor Cal had access to a custom auto paint shop professional and had flames painted onto the crown using an airbrush. That looked really cool until the paint started chipping.

Now they have these decals you can purchase that you simply peel and stick onto the crown.

Just my opinion by i think it looks really stupid.

We challenge U to do the same with your old club and put a US flag on, just to see how stupid it could be disappointed
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:26 pm

That's my 3 wood, the GBB2. Of course mine is still dark blue, though I'm sure paint it with White Out and make it look better than those.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:06 pm

If I ever did have the inclination to paint the crown of my driver, which I'm sure I never will, I would use an airbrush with the finest paint available. I certainly wouldn't get out the magic markers and make my golf club look like something purchased from Toys R Us, or like the photo you posted. Further, I wouldn't copy Taylormade and paint it white. Instead, I'd try to be original.

Finally, painting the crown of a driver is essentially the same thing as taking a box cutter and slashing it. You have modified a club to such an extent that it now has zero resale value.

But, if you enjoy it....
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:14 pm

I'm in the process of completing my patent application for a driver head with telltales--you know..those little stringy thingies that let you know which way the wind is blowing. My prototype has one on the top of the toe and one on the top of the heel just inside the hosel. So when you're lining up your drive, you'll know whether its OK to hit straight or maybe better to aim left or right. The material used will not, according to the NASA engineer on my Board of Directors, affect clubhead speed to any measureable degree. Available colors will be Flaxen, Irish Red, Italian Dark and Kinky.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Is the one on the upper left a Callaway 454 driver? Yes, I'm that good.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:27 pm

FamousDavis wrote:If I ever did have the inclination to paint the crown of my driver, which I'm sure I never will, I would use an airbrush with the finest paint available. I certainly wouldn't get out the magic markers and make my golf club look like something purchased from Toys R Us, or like the photo you posted. Further, I wouldn't copy Taylormade and paint it white. Instead, I'd try to be original.

Finally, painting the crown of a driver is essentially the same thing as taking a box cutter and slashing it. You have modified a club to such an extent that it now has zero resale value.

But, if you enjoy it....

FD... I bought them for $20 each so there is no resale value already... In addition, I don't intend to sale these clubs, just want to make they unique to me with the old VNmese flag on them... just for fun, don't get so uptight Razz
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:30 pm

FamousDavis wrote:

Is the one on the upper left a Callaway 454 driver? Yes, I'm that good.

No, it's GBB II driver... You are good....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:17 am