The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Just got my Ping 3wood

Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Just got my Ping 3wood Empty Just got my Ping 3wood

Post  Lord Helmet Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:50 pm

From 3balls golf.

Took the grip end, grabbed the head, twisted, and it made a huge cracking sound at the hosel.

I called 3balls. They said I had to work directly with Ping.

I called Ping. They said I should work with 3balls.

I called Ping back and said f*ck 3balls now and in the future. Ping sent me a shipping ticket w/ free overnight. They are going to re-shaft and offered me up-charge shaft at no charge. They are sending it back to me free and overnight.

F*ck 3balls golf.

Last edited by Lord Helmet on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Just got my Ping 3wood Empty Re: Just got my Ping 3wood

Post  Mongrel Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Cool. What shaft was in it broken when you got it? What shaft are Ping installing? Sounds like you could be getting a sweet deal.
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Ping uses the TFC shaft (made by Graphite Design) for their G20 line. Its really a fine stock offering and fits my swing rather well.

I went ahead and got the Graphite Design YS6+ in S flex. I love the feel of the YS6+. I tried to talk them into the Tour AD but oh well....
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:10 pm

I had some YS-6 and +'s but ended my relationship with them. They are OK and are about $69 retail. I liked the driver YS-6 a good bit better than the YS-6 fairway shaft. Maybe they are better with that thicker tip diameter.
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Mostly German wrote:I had some YS-6 and +'s but ended my relationship with them. They are OK and are about $69 retail. I liked the driver YS-6 a good bit better than the YS-6 fairway shaft. Maybe they are better with that thicker tip diameter.

Yeah, nothing too sexy about the YS6+. Its an 'everymans' shaft IMO. Fits most swings. Feels good and stable to me. I like it. Its a free $69 for me anyway....
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:33 pm

Lord Helmet wrote:From 3balls golf.

Took the grip end, grabbed the head, twisted, and it made a huge cracking sound at the hosel.

I called Ping back and said f*ck 3balls now and in the future. Ping sent me a shipping ticket w/ free overnight. They are going to re-shaft and offered me up-charge shaft at no charge. They are sending it back to me free and overnight.

F*ck 3balls golf.

What the hell did U try to do? , pull out the shaft without heating the hosel ? Very Happy

Anyway, I am flying on the corporate shuttle and it has internet connection (aircell) which I am using now. It's pretty cool. The jet has about 65 seats and each seat is designed like a first class seat on commercial air craft... Great way to travel within USA
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:36 pm

I put a YS-6 in a driver several years back. I used to kill that thing dead straight, but decided I needed to get on the 460cc bandwagon. I've currently got a YS-7 in a 3 wood. Pretty good shaft for me, without having to spend big cash.
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 pm

YS7 is the big bro of the 6 I think. Heavier and firmer. Only comes in S and X flexes.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:12 pm

F*ck 3balls golf.

You shouldn't blame 3ballsgolf or Ping. This is the golfing gods way of punishing you for being such a p#ssy and threatening to use that 3 wood primarily off the tee.
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:

F*ck 3balls golf.

You shouldn't blame 3ballsgolf or Ping. This is the golfing gods way of punishing you for being such a p#ssy and threatening to use that 3 wood primarily off the tee.

I got nothin'...I stand before ashamed at my weakness! Maybe I will move back a T or 3 and return the 3! Laughing
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm

3wood received back from Ping already. Excellent service. Club in perfect condition. Too bad its 30 degrees!
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Lord Helmet wrote:3wood received back from Ping already. Excellent service. Club in perfect condition. Too bad its 30 degrees!
    That was quick. You wrote that you sent it back for a new shaft but didn't mention the loft adjustment. Should have no problem elevating your shots.
    Lord Helmet
    Lord Helmet

Post  Lord Helmet Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:05 pm

lol! no excuses now that i have a 30* 3wood! maybe i'll lend it to rors.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:07 pm