The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

2 posters

2017 Masters

Mongrel
    Mongrel

2017 Masters Empty 2017 Masters

Post  Mongrel Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:11 am

A public congratulations to Sergio Garcia on hanging in there and winning the blazer. Its past due for perhaps the best ball-striker on the planet. This is one of my favorite wins ever and should take a bit of a piss on the memories of fist-pump Woods. Now if he could just putt....
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

2017 Masters Empty Re: 2017 Masters

Post  FamousDavis Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:41 pm

One of my favorite Masters of all time, although that's always easy to say when you just witnessed it and it's fresh. Some other good ones were Bubba winning, Tiger's first and Nicklaus in '86. Sergio may have missed some short ones coming into the stretch but so did Justin Rose. I would Justin's were easier to make. Sergio's 176 yard 8 iron that nearly went in at the 15th was incredible. How can you hit an 8 iron 176 yards? That dude is Long!

I've always liked Sergio (look at my past posts) and I never really understood the backlash he got from fans. He did a few childish things but I think some of the hate came from the Tiger following. I thought his celebration on the 18th was cool. No crying..just excited beyond belief.

Good for Sergio.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:58 am