The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

2 posters

SPCC kid qualifies for the US Open

Horseballs
    Horseballs

SPCC kid qualifies for the US Open Empty SPCC kid qualifies for the US Open

Post  Horseballs Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:17 am

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/golf/2014/06/02/will-grimmer-mariemont-us-open-pinehurst/9889685/

I've mentioned this kid before a few times on the old site. He shot a 59 in a junior event last year in Pinehurst, and this year has qualified for the US Open after local qualifying at the SPCC.
    I'm really surprised and happy he made it through sectional qualifying. I figured he would have a good chance with local qualifying since it was his home course and not too long.
    He sectional qualified in the secondary Columbus event, so he didn't have to play with all the pros from Jack's tourney, but he still beat dozens of pros to win one of three spots available.
    He's going to be a senior in high school next year. He's about 120 pounds soaking wet and can't it very far, but once he fills out, he'll be a world beater. Keep your eye out for this kid, and remember the name. In 4-5 years, you may see him regularly on your Sunday afternoon PGA Tour broadcast.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

SPCC kid qualifies for the US Open Empty Re: SPCC kid qualifies for the US Open

Post  Mongrel Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:29 am

That's really  cool. I hope he makes the cut and I will be watching for him on the tube.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:06 pm