The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

5 posters

Finally cleaned up!!

jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Finally cleaned up!! Empty Finally cleaned up!!

Post  jmtbkr Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:39 am

Well, well.....

Much to my suprise, the site actually works! I'm glad to see everyone, well almost everyone, is back on board. No more spamming, no more TonyJ, just good old discussions about sex, drugs and rock and roll.
    With some golf shit thrown in because its a golf forum.

I've spent a ton of time down in good old sunny south Florida. While some of you have suffered thru one of the worst winters in memory, I too have bee suffering in Florida, what with the 88* heat and humidity.

I played a ton of golf, but my game isn't getting any better.....who gives a shit?!! I've also developed a great case of gout, because everyone drinks waaaay to much down here. Nothing like enjoying a frosty cold vodka on the 2nd tee box.

Another month of this and I'll head back up north to long island for the season. I hope the courses will be as green as they are here.

That's it for now!

The Jeffy out!
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Finally cleaned up!! Empty Re: Finally cleaned up!!

Post  Mongrel Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:24 am

Gout is one painful motherfucker. I suffered with it for years until I took the necessary steps to make it history. It was really simple.
    1. Quit drinking all alcohol.
    2. Observe a strict anti-gout diet. Gout is triggered by a build-up of uric acid and substances in food called purines are the prime contributors. So investigate what you eat that is high in purines and eliminate them. For me, it is shellfish of any type--clams, oysters, crabs, scallops--, all pork products including ham, sausage, hot dogs, scrapple, ribs etc. In other words, all the stuff that tastes great.
    3. Make sure you have the properly-sized footware. I have wide feet and finally found shoes with wide toe boxes. I have had a few gout attacks in the past ten years not brought on by anything I ate or drank and figured out that the too narrow shoes I was wearing were the culprits. Knock on wood but ever since I got shoes of adequate widths in the toe boxes, no gout attacks.

Before you are tempted to reply that there are prescription medicines for gout, I would urge you to investigate the contraindications. Guaranteed prolonged use of them will fuck up your organs.

Once you don't have to worry about gout attacks, golf is much more fun.
    jt1135
    jt1135

Post  jt1135 Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Mongrel wrote:Gout is one painful motherfucker. I suffered with it for years until I took the necessary steps to make it history. It was really simple.
    1. Quit drinking all alcohol.
    2. Observe a strict anti-gout diet. Gout is triggered by a build-up of uric acid and substances in food called purines are the prime contributors. So investigate what you eat that is high in purines and eliminate them. For me, it is shellfish of any type--clams, oysters, crabs, scallops--, all pork products including ham, sausage, hot dogs, scrapple, ribs etc. In other words, all the stuff that tastes great.
    3. Make sure you have the properly-sized footware. I have wide feet and finally found shoes with wide toe boxes. I have had a few gout attacks in the past ten years not brought on by anything I ate or drank and figured out that the too narrow shoes I was wearing were the culprits. Knock on wood but ever since I got shoes of adequate widths in the toe boxes, no gout attacks.

Before you are tempted to reply that there are prescription medicines for gout, I would urge you to investigate the contraindications. Guaranteed prolonged use of them will fuck up your organs.

Once you don't have to worry about gout attacks, golf is much more fun.

That's got to suck living by the bay and not being able to partake.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Not really. There's a lot of fish I eat without any ill effects. The novelty of eating hard and soft shell crabs wore off a long time ago.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Mongrel wrote:Not really. There's a lot of fish I eat without any ill effects. The novelty of eating hard and soft shell crabs wore off a long time ago.

I heard that gout is painful and am agree that diet has a lot to do with minimizing its pain... So how was your first golf game, did u fukkkkk it up ???  Razz 
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:55 pm

I've been dealing with gout for about 8 years now.
    Mostly controllable - after the fact - with proper meds and large quantities of tart cherry juice from Tunies.
    Gotta watch the diet for too many purines in my food, which I normally do, but what I've found out about wintering in south Florida is, everyone eats out all the time and drinking is very 'de riqueur' with said breakfast/brunch/lunch/dinner/nitemunchies.

Oh...and gout IS one very painful motherfukker.
    That and a cracked rib are two things I don't wish on anybody!!
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:29 pm

Pky6471 wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:Not really. There's a lot of fish I eat without any ill effects. The novelty of eating hard and soft shell crabs wore off a long time ago.

I heard that gout is painful and am agree that diet has a lot to do with minimizing its pain... So how was your first golf game, did u fukkkkk it up ???  Razz 

All things considered, I did OK. The course we played had been snow-covered a week before. I thought that it would be a soggy mess but it was very dry. Dry enough that the "cart path only" edict was ridiculous and, due to the design of the course, meant adding at least an hour to a typical round unless you and your partners could hit it close to the cart path most of the time. Added to that were the greens that had obviously been cut and rolled multiple times with several pins placed on severe slopes. On the third hole, a par 3 playing about 175, the hole was cut about four paces from the back of the green that sloped about 15* from back to front. I was able to two putt for bogey. Two of the guys in our foursome six and seven putted. The other guy chipped in miraculously. That hole took an average of almost 30 minutes to play. Although it warmed up to the low '60's, the wind was swirling and gusting in the high teens to low 20's. Out of 20 some players, only six of us broke 100 and only two guys broke 90. One is a 7 and the other a 12. My gross 95 was tied for third.

I drove the ball better than I have in two years not getting in real trouble off the tee once. I three-putted about 7 greens so that shit needs work. The Mizuno hybrid I bagged did not work so today I cut one inch off the butt and re-gripped it. On the way to the grocery store, I stopped into the Play it Again Sports shop in the same shopping center as the Giant. Every once in awhile this shop has something I need and/or want at a good price and today it was an Adams Peanut hybrid in 17* with an Axivcore Black stiff 85 gram shaft. Took it out and hit it in a field awhile ago and it shows real promise. I will be bagging that mo-fo next Saturday when the club plays at a course on the banks of the Chesapeake Bay. War by the Shore.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:40 pm

[quote="Mongrel"][quote="Pky6471"]
    Mongrel wrote:
    I drove the ball better than I have in two years not getting in real trouble off the tee once. I three-putted about 7 greens so that shit needs work. The Mizuno hybrid I bagged did not work so today I cut one inch off the butt and re-gripped it. On the way to the grocery store, I stopped into the Play it Again Sports shop in the same shopping center as the Giant. Every once in awhile this shop has something I need and/or want at a good price and today it was an Adams Peanut hybrid in 17* with an Axivcore Black stiff 85 gram shaft. Took it out and hit it in a field awhile ago and it shows real promise. I will be bagging that mo-fo next Saturday when the club plays at a course on the banks of the Chesapeake Bay. War by the Shore.

When I played golf in AZ, we got teamed up with 2 guys from Canada (North of Dakota, I think) ... and one guy bought a home in AZ when the real estate crashed , but he can only stay for 6 months at a time. He said that there are beautiful courses where he lives in Canada but it's for sure cheaper to play in AZ USA
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:46 am

Gout sucks! There's a substantiated link between gout and hypothyroidism. Many US doctors don't even know it exists. Very few US endocrinologist even know about the relationship. Since most hypothyroidism in the US is hashimoto's thyroiditis being a autoimmune diseases to wheat, there just might a connection to the two. Anyway, it is worth being tested for hypothyroidism if you have gout. Men are 20 times more likely to have it if you they have gout. Gout is painful but untreated hypothyroidism can kill. Here's the link to the Pubmed study. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8092171

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:08 pm