The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

3 posters

New wedges

Big Dave
    Big Dave

New wedges Empty New wedges

Post  Big Dave Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:16 pm

Finally gave up on my mashed 52 vokey and my corroded old 58 cg12.

Bought a couple of copper-looking Ping Tour S wedges on the discount rack, brand new. A 52 and a 60. Took em out yesterday to the range, very happy with everything about the 52, and although the 60 doesn't feel great, it is steady and accurate. That old Cleveland didn't feel great either, just worked well. This will be the same, I think.

Weight loss since end of April now over 40 lbs, I am in the 260's, lighter than I have been in more than ten years, 70+ lbs down from two springs ago. New man, old Adams paddles. Good combo. :-)
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

New wedges Empty Re: New wedges

Post  Kiwigolfer Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Congratulations on the weight loss Big Dave. Do you have an end goal weight in mind or are you already there? It makes life so much easier/better not having to carry around those extra pounds.

I would say congrats on the wedges - but Pings? No 
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Kiwigolfer wrote:Congratulations on the weight loss Big Dave. Do you have an end goal weight in mind or are you already there? It makes life so much easier/better not having to carry around those extra pounds.

Of course Pings. Good job Dave. You should listen to Kiwi as he is in really good shape. Not that I was looking.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:14 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:Congratulations on the weight loss Big Dave. Do you have an end goal weight in mind or are you already there? It makes life so much easier/better not having to carry around those extra pounds.

Of course Pings.  Good job Dave.  You should listen to Kiwi as he is in really good shape.  Not that I was looking.

Beer builds better bodies. Wink
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:17 am

FamousDavis wrote:

Of course Pings.  Good job Dave.  You should listen to Kiwi as he is in really good shape.  Not that I was looking.

They were the cheapest pro-line wedges in the store, being phased out. Put 'em down, they look pretty much like a Vokey or any other wedge. Not forged, but.. my CG12 wasn't forged either. The impact on a wedge face isn't so straight-on, so the feel of forged isn't that important. Mostly I want it to get near the hole. :-) These seem to be good replacements for my old wedges, feel-wise. If I don't like 'em, fleabay still works. But I think I like 'em. Just for grooves' sake, I had to get new ones. My 52 was mashed FLAT.
    Big Dave
    Big Dave

Post  Big Dave Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:19 am

Kiwigolfer wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

My goal weight is 250. I have about 18 left to go. Haven't been at 250 for 20 years now. Fighting off the chicks already. It's going to be HELL when I get to 250.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:28 pm

Big Dave wrote:
    Kiwigolfer wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

My goal weight is 250.  I have about 18 left to go.  Haven't been at 250 for 20 years now.  Fighting off the chicks already.  It's going to be HELL when I get to 250.

I know the feeling. It's the only reason I wear a wedding ring. Gotta ward the chicks off somehow. Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:58 am