The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+3
FamousDavis
trombettista_vecchio
Mongrel
7 posters

The Witch is Dead

Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

The Witch is Dead - Page 2 Empty Re: The Witch is Dead

Post  Lorenzzo Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:11 pm

FamousDavis wrote:I don't know if I'd fire my gardener for attending Jury Duty.  As long as he came back and cut my grass that night I think I'd let it slide.  

Your gardener? Doesn't one have to be an American citizen to serve on a jury?

Hey Nifty, you know you can block my posts right?
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:12 pm

I've been called twice, wrote a letter and got out of it twice. The only thing dumber than not getting out of jury service was demonstrated recently by some self employed guy that went to jury selection then stood up in front of the judge and refused to be sworn in telling the judge he was too busy. The pissed off judge sentenced him to 10 days in prison for contempt of court! Bet that dude wishes he'd just drafted a letter like the rest of us.

Clearly showing up and then telling the judge where to stick it is not an approach to be  recommended.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10897071
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:22 am

Have you guys seen a movie called The Night and the City? Robert De Niro and Jessica Lange star. Good flick, but it's got this character who is an old scruffy boxer who thinks he's entitled to all kinds of respect. Well, he ends up sucker punching this huge young black dude who punches him back and kills him. Heart attack. Sad. I don't know why this popped into my head.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:47 pm

Horseballs wrote:Have you guys seen a movie called The Night and the City?  Robert De Niro and Jessica Lange star.  Good flick, but it's got this character who is an old scruffy boxer who thinks he's entitled to all kinds of respect.  Well, he ends up sucker punching this huge young black dude who punches him back and kills him.  Heart attack.  Sad.  I don't know why this popped into my head.  

So did he die from the punch or because he'd eaten himself up inside and sought out the instrumentality of his demise?  Like stepping in front of a train.

It is amazing how the subconscious works and what it can spit out.  I somehow started thinking about a documentary I saw on the Flying Wallendas.  Nobody makes those people walk tightropes they do so voluntarily knowing that some day they'll auger in.  You can't blame the firmness of the earth for their eventual demise.
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

Post  Horseballs Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Lorenzzo wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:Have you guys seen a movie called The Night and the City?  Robert De Niro and Jessica Lange star.  Good flick, but it's got this character who is an old scruffy boxer who thinks he's entitled to all kinds of respect.  Well, he ends up sucker punching this huge young black dude who punches him back and kills him.  Heart attack.  Sad.  I don't know why this popped into my head.  

So did he die from the punch or because he'd eaten himself up inside and sought out the instrumentality of his demise?  Like stepping in front of a train.

It is amazing how the subconscious works and what it can spit out.  I somehow started thinking about a documentary I saw on the Flying Wallendas.  Nobody makes those people walk tightropes they do so voluntarily knowing that some day they'll auger in.  You can't blame the firmness of the earth for their eventual demise.
    I think this particular character just couldn't help himself when he felt disrespected. Almost like he was frustrated beyond control that his belief system was antiquated and no longer relevant. The ultimate validation was played out in that scene.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:44 pm

Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:

I think this particular character just couldn't help himself when he felt disrespected.  Almost like he was frustrated beyond control that his belief system was antiquated and no longer relevant.  The ultimate validation was played out in that scene.  

I haven't seen Night in the City but I did see Night of the Living Dead. Two things I learned from that movie...1) never trust a family member who has become a flesh-eating zombie and 2) the life of a zombie really isn't that bad.
    Lorenzzo
    Lorenzzo

Post  Lorenzzo Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:12 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:

I think this particular character just couldn't help himself when he felt disrespected.  Almost like he was frustrated beyond control that his belief system was antiquated and no longer relevant.  The ultimate validation was played out in that scene.  

I haven't seen Night in the City but I did see Night of the Living Dead.   Two things I learned from that movie...1) never trust a family member who has become a flesh-eating zombie and 2) the life of a zombie really isn't that bad.

The amazing part of it is those irritants we think are the source of our current problems really aren't. It isn't the guy who cut you off in traffic, it's from a childhood wounding. Those who are parents can't avoid making mistakes with their kids but we can help resolve them so they don't spend the rest of their lives replaying what happened to them as children. As the parent of a divorced kid I've had my work cut out for me that way.

It's a lot harder to resolve childhood issues from parents without them stepping up and helping. I work with abused kids whose parents aren't likely to undo what they've done.
    Kiwigolfer
    Kiwigolfer

Post  Kiwigolfer Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:00 pm

FamousDavis wrote:
    Horseballs wrote:
    Lorenzzo wrote:

I haven't seen Night in the City but I did see Night of the Living Dead.   Two things I learned from that movie...1) never trust a family member who has become a flesh-eating zombie and 2) the life of a zombie really isn't that bad.

I prefer Zombieland. I love Rule # 1 - Cardio

LOL

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:09 pm