The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+4
Player
Horseballs
jmtbkr
FamousDavis
8 posters

Cadillac Championship

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Cadillac Championship  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cadillac Championship

Post  FamousDavis Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Player wrote:Tiger has put the cue in the rack and is cruising. Without doubt his best performance since the incident. The haters will have trouble finding fault with this win.

It's great to see him putting well again. I didn't see him miss any four footers; the ones that had cost him previous tournaments. His driver swing continues to baffle me. I can't understand why it looks so different than the swing he uses with his 3 wood.

Good to see Rory put a solid round together.

Phil hit several amazing shots today. His putting was horrible.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:55 am

FamousDavis wrote:
    Player wrote:Tiger has put the cue in the rack and is cruising. Without doubt his best performance since the incident. The haters will have trouble finding fault with this win.

It's great to see him putting well again. I didn't see him miss any four footers; the ones that had cost him previous tournaments. His driver swing continues to baffle me. I can't understand why it looks so different than the swing he uses with his 3 wood.

Phil was worse than horrible on the greens all week, it cost him an outright second and maybe even a win. I noticed tiger loked drained and relieved after holing out for the win. It must have taken a bit out of him, but now he has the monkey off his back he will probably do it easier. I agree his driver swing is puzling, he just seeme to lose his form and tempo with the big stick.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Cadillac Championship  - Page 2 Empty All about Putting Contest....

Post  Pky6471 Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:05 am

As I mentioned before, it's all about putting last weekend.
    Good to see that TW played well , he admitted that the "hints" in putting from Steve S may have helped him last weekend.
    Rory was slowly getting used to his new toys, I think he will do well by the end of this year.
    Steve S always impresses me with his simple/compact swing, glad that he spent time with his wife out there... it's worth more than a win when he looks be 10 yrs from now...
    Phil could have won with better putting

It was a very strong leaders board which made this tourney exciting to watch

I still hate Donald Trump's face... Girls go after him because of his money, not his look nor brain
    Fluffy
    Fluffy

Post  Fluffy Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:26 am

Player wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

Phil was worse than horrible on the greens all week, it cost him an outright second and maybe even a win. I noticed tiger loked drained and relieved after holing out for the win. It must have taken a bit out of him, but now he has the monkey off his back he will probably do it easier. I agree his driver swing is puzling, he just seeme to lose his form and tempo with the big stick.

It seemed Phil had alot less spin on the greens than what he is used to.... I was expecting some pitch shots to spin more but they didnt...
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:25 am

Pky6471 wrote:As I mentioned before, it's all about putting last weekend.
    Good to see that TW played well , he admitted that the "hints" in putting from Steve S may have helped him last weekend.
    Rory was slowly getting used to his new toys, I think he will do well by the end of this year.
    Steve S always impresses me with his simple/compact swing, glad that he spent time with his wife out there... it's worth more than a win when he looks be 10 yrs from now...

I still hate Donald Trump's face... Girls go after him because of his money, not his look nor brain

Tiger's short game was pretty phenomenal this weekend. Every chip and pitch shot seemed to end up within 5 feet of the hole. Also, his irons are better than ever.

I think Tiger's celebratory high five and hug with his caddy on the last hole was an "in your face" against Stevie Williams, now caddy to broomstick Hilda. Tiger also threw in another jab by telling a reporter after the round "Steve's advice on my putting really helped". Now that Stevie Williams has been off the bag for so long, Tiger knows that he can use the name "Steve" without people automatically assuming Steve Williams. Instead, he was talking about Steve Stricker. Still, I think there was a little 'in your face' with both comments.

Steve Williams is just another lost soul who dared to test Tiger. He started looping for Adam Scott while Tiger was preoccupied and then took it a little too far. You only disappoint Tiger once. After that you are gone from his life forever. Hank Haney, Fluff, Butch Harmon, the list goes on and on. They are all has beens. They benefitted from Tiger's greatness and he took them all to the top of their profession. Now, they are all slowly sinking back down to where they belong but still better off then they would have been if not for Tiger.

This week's finish was a little shaky but nothing to be alarmed about. We've seen Tiger struggle coming in to the last holes before this.

He still needs to prove himself at Augusta. Winning at Augusta is the key. That's a course where he SHOULD win. It's made for his game.

Out

Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:33 am

Tiger did just what he had to do to win. Totally in control. Just like the best NASCAR drivers of all time. Why try to lap the field and risk blowing your motor when all you have to do is take it easy and cross the finish line first.

Hey PKY, I think Donald Trump is a real asshole but I like him nontheless. You can tell that Trump comes from royal lineage. If this were a thousand years ago, Trump would be King of something or other. And he can play golf real good. And when he says he's going to blow up the Doral Blue course the day after the tournament, I say "That guy's got real balls." Fire in the hole!
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Mostly German wrote:Tiger did just what he had to do to win. Totally in control. Just like the best NASCAR drivers of all time. Why try to lap the field and risk blowing your motor when all you have to do is take it easy and cross the finish line first.

Hey PKY, I think Donald Trump is a real asshole but I like him nontheless. You can tell that Trump comes from royal lineage. If this were a thousand years ago, Trump would be King of something or other. And he can play golf real good. And when he says he's going to blow up the Doral Blue course the day after the tournament, I say "That guy's got real balls." Fire in the hole!

Mongrel, you bring up a good point about Tiger's finishing hole yesterday. Not every pro out there would have pitched back into the fairway for their second shot. Tiger did this to ensure that he would win the tournament. He understands that the only thing that will be remembered is the win. He could have gone for it but a triple would have forced a playoff. He did the right thing.

The history books are filled to the brim with stories of players who had a 3 shot lead on the last hole and ended up in a playoff.

It's disappointing to the crowds and tv viewers but who cares?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:48 pm

There was another nice little PGA tournament several hundred miles to the east of Doral on another course owned by Trump. I watched a bit of it on the weekend and the last few holes of the final round replayed last night. The leader was at 20 under on the tee of #18, a relatively benign par 5. His playing partner was at 19 under. Both hit OK drives and both went for the green in two and landed on the left side off and below the green with tricky shots to the hole. The leader had a nasty lie in the rough and pitched a high-lofted wedge that landed long and scooted into a bunker on the other side of the green. The challenger had a better lie and chipped to about 8 feet. Bottom line was that the leader took three more strokes to finish and the challenger made his birdie putt to win by one. Neither player had won a PGA event before. Winners like Tiger frequently beat the field with their brains as well as their clubs. With the shots they don't make as well as those they do.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:51 pm

FamousDavis wrote:

Tiger's short game was pretty phenomenal this weekend. Every chip and pitch shot seemed to end up within 5 feet of the hole. Also, his irons are better than ever.

I think Tiger's celebratory high five and hug with his caddy on the last hole was an "in your face" against Stevie Williams, now caddy to broomstick Hilda. Tiger also threw in another jab by telling a reporter after the round "Steve's advice on my putting really helped". Now that Stevie Williams has been off the bag for so long, Tiger knows that he can use the name "Steve" without people automatically assuming Steve Williams. Instead, he was talking about Steve Stricker. Still, I think there was a little 'in your face' with both comments.

Steve Williams is just another lost soul who dared to test Tiger. He started looping for Adam Scott while Tiger was preoccupied and then took it a little too far. You only disappoint Tiger once. After that you are gone from his life forever. Hank Haney, Fluff, Butch Harmon, the list goes on and on. They are all has beens. They benefitted from Tiger's greatness and he took them all to the top of their profession. Now, they are all slowly sinking back down to where they belong but still better off then they would have been if not for Tiger.

This week's finish was a little shaky but nothing to be alarmed about. We've seen Tiger struggle coming in to the last holes before this.

He still needs to prove himself at Augusta. Winning at Augusta is the key. That's a course where he SHOULD win. It's made for his game.

Out

100 putts for 72 holes, best ever. Yeah!

I dont agree that Augusta is made for him though. The tigerproofing of the course in response to his dismembering it in 97 is well documented. The course is now a long right to left tee shot course, hard for a righty who hits cuts like tige but perfect for phil and bubba. I would have them at the top of my market.
    Pky6471
    Pky6471

Post  Pky6471 Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Mostly German wrote:Hey PKY, I think Donald Trump is a real asshole but I like him nontheless. You can tell that Trump comes from royal lineage. If this were a thousand years ago, Trump would be King of something or other. And he can play golf real good. And when he says he's going to blow up the Doral Blue course the day after the tournament, I say "That guy's got real balls." Fire in the hole!

Mongrel... He's a straight shooter, that I like a lot... His face is so fukkking arrogant that I don't like... If I got to know him I would end up liking him because I am also a straight shooter... I am not a YES man at work, so they hated me disappointed
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:55 pm

You've got to realize that Trump is a native New Yorker and the king of the realm that is NYC. A city-state entity more powerful than most countries. If Trump told that little piss-ant mayor to suck his dick, Bloomberg would immediately sink to his knees.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 pm

Player wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

Out

I dont agree that Augusta is made for him though. The tigerproofing of the course in response to his dismembering it in 97 is well documented. The course is now a long right to left tee shot course, hard for a righty who hits cuts like tige but perfect for phil and bubba. I would have them at the top of my market.

Agree but don't agree. LH'ers playing a cut have an advantage off the tee because the ball doesn't run out as much. RH'ers have to play and draw and if you over cook a draw it will run for every. Especially true on hard sloped fairways.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:06 am

Poe4soul wrote:
    Player wrote:
    FamousDavis wrote:

Out

Agree but don't agree. LH'ers playing a cut have an advantage off the tee because the ball doesn't run out as much. RH'ers have to play and draw and if you over cook a draw it will run for every. Especially true on hard sloped fairways.
    Augusta is a leftys dream, especially if they are bombers like phil n bubba. Not only is a cut easier to hit, it also carries further through the air so they can fly it to downslopes which roll out further. Righties have to hit high draws to reach the same landing area, and rory showed us on 10 a couple years ago what happens when you get it wrong. Tiger is still a big chance, but imo the odds are stacked heavily in phil and bubbas favour as far as course set up goes.
    FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

Post  FamousDavis Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:41 am

The only reason everyone says you need a hook for Augusta is because that little twit Lee Trevino refused to play there, citing his fade as the reason he couldn't contend. Truth is that Lee had a chip on his shoulder the size of a rhinoceros turd.

Lots of right-handed guys who's natural shot is a fade have won at August. Nicklaus won it 5 or 6 times, Couples, Tiger Woods, Nick Faldo, Bubba Watson, etc. All of those guys hit a fade most of the time.

I don't know where you got the idea that Mickelson's natural shot is a fade. He's hit a natural draw his whole life.

Norman is one guy who's natural shot is a draw and he never won the thing. In fact, his draw got him into trouble on several holes.

I still can't believe that duck hook Rory hit on #10 to lose it. He hooked it into Rae's creek a couple holes after that.

BTW, I was in GG the other day and the Nike rep was there, doing the Nike challenge thing and giving away Nike 2 packs of balls. Whoever this person was knew the bare minimum about golf clubs. Anyway, I tried the Covert pro and regular version and they both suck. I would never buy that garbage. Good news is a got the 2 pack of free balls.

Now, the one driver I did try that is very cool looking and felt awesome is the new Cobra Amp Cell Pro driver. Solid driver with cool graphics. With a driver like that I'd be chick magnet.
    Poe4soul
    Poe4soul

Post  Poe4soul Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:50 am

FamousDavis wrote:The only reason everyone says you need a hook for Augusta is because that little twit Lee Trevino refused to play there, citing his fade as the reason he couldn't contend. Truth is that Lee had a chip on his shoulder the size of a rhinoceros turd.

Lots of right-handed guys who's natural shot is a fade have won at August. Nicklaus won it 5 or 6 times, Couples, Tiger Woods, Nick Faldo, Bubba Watson, etc. All of those guys hit a fade most of the time.

I don't know where you got the idea that Mickelson's natural shot is a fade. He's hit a natural draw his whole life.

Norman is one guy who's natural shot is a draw and he never won the thing. In fact, his draw got him into trouble on several holes.

I still can't believe that duck hook Rory hit on #10 to lose it. He hooked it into Rae's creek a couple holes after that.

BTW, I was in GG the other day and the Nike rep was there, doing the Nike challenge thing and giving away Nike 2 packs of balls. Whoever this person was knew the bare minimum about golf clubs. Anyway, I tried the Covert pro and regular version and they both suck. I would never buy that garbage. Good news is a got the 2 pack of free balls.

Now, the one driver I did try that is very cool looking and felt awesome is the new Cobra Amp Cell Pro driver. Solid driver with cool graphics. With a driver like that I'd be chick magnet.

All of those wins, with the exception of Tiger's, was prior to Augusta "Tiger proofing" the course. Phil can work the ball both ways. A fade on most of those left to right holes receive a fade better than a hook. not to mention many of harder greens favor a left hander with the green slanted short left to long right.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:26 pm

FamousDavis wrote:The only reason everyone says you need a hook for Augusta is because that little twit Lee Trevino refused to play there, citing his fade as the reason he couldn't contend. Truth is that Lee had a chip on his shoulder the size of a rhinoceros turd.

You dont know much if you think norman was a drawer. He was so talented he could hit any shot but his natural shot was a high fade. I thought faldo drew the ball but not sure as he wasnt worth watching.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:01 pm