The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

+2
Horseballs
FamousDavis
6 posters

The Player's Championship at Sawgrass

FamousDavis
    FamousDavis
    Admin

The Player's Championship at Sawgrass Empty The Player's Championship at Sawgrass

Post  FamousDavis Wed May 08, 2013 11:43 pm

The idea that this tournament should be a fifth major has always seemed silly to me. It's a tricked up course with a ridiculous 17th hole. I enjoy watching it because of the field and the 18th is a great finishing hole. I can't remember any of the other holes to be honest. I guess they'll come back to me when I watch it this year.

My pick to win it is Adam Scott
    Horseballs
    Horseballs

The Player's Championship at Sawgrass Empty Re: The Player's Championship at Sawgrass

Post  Horseballs Thu May 09, 2013 8:26 am

Even though the weather is undoubtedly more ideal in May in Jacksonville, I like this tourney better when it was in March. I like the 17th. I like the 18th, but wish the 16th was the finishing hole.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

The Player's Championship at Sawgrass Empty Re: The Player's Championship at Sawgrass

Post  Mongrel Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 am

I think that they should move it to the first week of August because anyone who has ever experienced Florida in the summer knows how pleasant it is outdoors.
    SoonerBS
    SoonerBS

Post  SoonerBS Thu May 09, 2013 1:23 pm

FamousDavis wrote:The idea that this tournament should be a fifth major has always seemed silly to me. It's a tricked up course with a ridiculous 17th hole. I enjoy watching it because of the field and the 18th is a great finishing hole. I can't remember any of the other holes to be honest. I guess they'll come back to me when I watch it this year.

My pick to win it is Adam Scott

I agree with you on the course. I have Adam Scott in my fantasy golf lineup this week.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Thu May 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Players is certainly worthy of major status in every way. 17 is a bit gimmicky but it provides plenty of drama and is great for fans. 18 is up there with Pebble as the greatest finishing hole in all of golf. Unlike Augusta, it really tests the nerve of players right up til they reach the green. A major needs good closing holes that keep the pressure on right til the death, Augusta ceases to be interesting at 16. With the added pressure of major status, the players would provide some all time chokes on 17 and 18.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Fri May 10, 2013 8:29 am

Player wrote:Players is certainly worthy of major status in every way. 17 is a bit gimmicky but it provides plenty of drama and is great for fans. 18 is up there with Pebble as the greatest finishing hole in all of golf. Unlike Augusta, it really tests the nerve of players right up til they reach the green. A major needs good closing holes that keep the pressure on right til the death, Augusta ceases to be interesting at 16. With the added pressure of major status, the players would provide some all time chokes on 17 and 18.

I agree that the track is worthy of Majorship. Especially when the grand nephew of Fidel and second cousin of those three brothers in Cleveland who kept a stash of gash for a decade can fire a nine under when the best of the rest can only manage minus six. The course has surely identified the second coming of Johnny F*cking Miller.
    Player
    Player

Post  Player Sun May 12, 2013 5:58 pm

This looks like being the first tw players since 2001, and we remember what happened that year. Anybody still wanna say Tiger is past it ?
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Post  Mongrel Sun May 12, 2013 7:32 pm

No doubt that, like Chuckie, HE'S BACK!!
    jmtbkr
    jmtbkr

Post  jmtbkr Mon May 13, 2013 6:55 am

Mongrel wrote:
    Player wrote:Players is certainly worthy of major status in every way. 17 is a bit gimmicky but it provides plenty of drama and is great for fans. 18 is up there with Pebble as the greatest finishing hole in all of golf. Unlike Augusta, it really tests the nerve of players right up til they reach the green. A major needs good closing holes that keep the pressure on right til the death, Augusta ceases to be interesting at 16. With the added pressure of major status, the players would provide some all time chokes on 17 and 18.

I agree that the track is worthy of Majorship. Especially when the grand nephew of Fidel and second cousin of those three brothers in Cleveland who kept a stash of gash for a decade can fire a nine under when the best of the rest can only manage minus six. The course has surely identified the second coming of Johnny F*cking Miller.

I absolutely hate Johnny F*cking Miller. What an assbag! He says the stupidist things on TV. I can't remeber who or which hole, but someone put his shot on the opposite side of the green of the pin and he says, "What a terrible shot!" and then the ball catches the slope and rolls to within a foot of the hole. What a douche! And the network just lets him go on and on....... Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:06 pm