The Caddy Shack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Caddy Shack

...not your typical golf forum

2 posters

Golf Review works perfectly again.

trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Golf Review works perfectly again. Empty Golf Review works perfectly again.

Post  trombettista_vecchio Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:33 am

There's just nobody there; here either, actually.
    Mongrel
    Mongrel

Golf Review works perfectly again. Empty Re: Golf Review works perfectly again.

Post  Mongrel Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:43 am

You know it's really sad when you are able to remember your log-in password and then realize that you forgot to finish reading the post you intended to reply to. So, "there's nobody here either" is my reply but you already wrote and posted that. Getting old sucks. The weather here in the Mid-Atlantic has been shitty the entire golf season. I made a 47" driver to try to get more carry on the soggy fairways and ended up blowing my back out. So I cut a half inch off and a lighter weight in the head and now its OK. The sun (that hot ball of gaseous shit we revolve around) is in a Solar Minimum allowing more cosmic rays (not the sea creatures that do yoga and drop acid) to penetrate the atmosphere and cause more raindrops to form in the clouds. Golf is also in a severe contraction. The local Golf Galaxy is closing in a month. With the local Golfsmith shutting its doors two years ago, that will leave only Dick's as a bricks & sticks outlet for golf related shit. After seven decades, I guess I'm getting tired of golf and would rather watch re-runs of "Wicked Tuna" and "Street Outlaws" than a PGA tournament. Even the Alien shows on the History Channel are more interesting.
    trombettista_vecchio
    trombettista_vecchio

Post  trombettista_vecchio Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:42 pm

At least you can still play, mongrel.

I'm done for good.

I'd love to play, but I know that it's not happening.

My back doctor says that taking up bull riding is an equally realistic goal for me.

As for watching pro golf, I never enjoyed tournament golf that much.
    I liked those old TV head to head matches that they had on when we were kids.

As for just forgetting about the whole thing, I've got a man cave full of old sets that just hang around and mock me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:27 am